lawse1
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

dice and wheel

[Post New]by lawse1 on Apr 3, 16 6:25 AM
what in the world is going on? The dice I am getting low numbers and lose most of the time. the wheel spending way to much to get the egg. That is not how it was, I used to be able to get things this way but now forget it and no spring update. Tournaments are a joke maybe when others get the top 100 3 times and quit for a while I might get there

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:dice and wheel

[Post New]by kimberph on Apr 3, 16 8:47 AM
Pretty sure you are experiencing the phenomenon called "bad luck". The dice and the fortune wheel appear to be fair (as opposed to the Lucky Diamond which is heavily biased to winning). Actually, to be fair, I haven't tracked the fortune wheel rigorously enough to be absolutely confident of its fairness, so it may have some bias, but I'm pretty sure it isn't enormously biased. Anyone have rigorous stats on it? I know there are some vehement stat collectors out there.

[Post New]by walkingstar on Apr 3, 16 9:49 AM
To win at any game takes timing and what's called Luck. Just put the "Whammy" on your game and see if that helps. Stats are good for the person's game that they are done for...All games appear slightly different..Luck is always changing as is all. The tide will turn. Qatwar. Q is for Queen.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Apr 3, 16 11:56 AM
Sorry you've had a turn of luck lawse1 - hopefully your losing streak won't last long. I think when it comes to the dice I am on a permanent losing streak I'm almost always getting low numbers and lose more dice games than I win. I can count my double sixes on one hand (and that's playing 2x per day since November) As to eggs on the wheel, well, I see them more often now but still only get one very infrequently.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 3, 16 12:51 PM
When an egg appears on my Wheel, I just spin and spin til I win it. Or until I'm foaming at the mouth and drenched in sweat from the mountain of coins lost, then I quit. But I play the HOSs until I get most of what I spent back.

Alas, the dice is an animal of a different color. The double sixes are extremely elusive on my throw. For me, that achievement doesn't seem doable.

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Apr 3, 16 12:59 PM
walkingstar wrote:To win at any game takes timing and what's called Luck. Just put the "Whammy" on your game and see if that helps. Stats are good for the person's game that they are done for...All games appear slightly different..Luck is always changing as is all. The tide will turn. Qatwar. Q is for Queen.

Pray tell, what is this "Whammy" you speak of and how do I employ it? Playing Dice and the Wheel of Torture kick my booty every blessed time.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 3, 16 1:11 PM
LOL, the "whammy" is what D@NgeR described...Feel the Wheel, touch the Wheel, become one with the Wheel. Oooohhhhhmmmmm!

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Apr 3, 16 1:34 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:LOL, the "whammy" is what D@NgeR described...Feel the Wheel, touch the Wheel, become one with the Wheel. Oooohhhhhmmmmm!

LOL Alrighty then. Now that's going to take a completely different mindset than what I've been using. I hate the Wheel and obviously the Wheel knows it. I may have to bribe the Wheel first just so I can get on its good side.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 3, 16 3:28 PM
To me it seems that the egg frequency on the WOF has increased.
I had 4 months over the Xmas period without a single egg appearing.
Now I an egg appears every day. Getting it though is another matter!
How I wish there was a "tell"!

Silverjen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Silverjen on Apr 3, 16 5:26 PM
I've been playing a year now and a month ago I had zero eggs in my inventory. Zero. I had maybe 1 or 2 eggs show up on my wheel, but I could never get them without depleting my supply of coins.

You are right. The wheel seems to have changed lately. I now see one daily on my wheel and I don't have to break the bank so much (still costs a lot though) to get one. I don't know if this would be considered a 'tell,' but when I spin a couple of times and then get the free spin, usually two or three spins after that I will get an egg. It's happened quite a few times now. Maybe its just my game and someone else's will be different.

This game seems to very cyclical. You do well in one area for a while, then in another and you just have to be patient and wait out the bad periods in between.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 3, 16 7:54 PM
There has been a change in the Castle of late regarding the Wheel of Torture.....it will now actually HAVE an egg on it, but getting it to fall off is a totally different matter....perhaps my granddaughter, Ellie, has helped more than one person make a "paper wheel of fortune" ---- and used the super glue to keep the eggs from flying off because of the mess that would happen when they did.... (well, that's my story for MY wheel, and I'm sticking to it.....)

That said....sometime back I saw NO eggs on the Wheel and because they never came, I had built up 2.5 mil to try to get my remaining eggs. Finally, I got one on the Wheel and I just KNEW that if I would spin enough times that I would actually get some of them....I did, but for 2.5 million in coin, I only got 28 eggs. When I first started to spin, I was over 1000 per spin before the first one came off -- unfortunately, I did not pay attention to the omen and ended up wasting all my coins.

Now, there is an egg per day....If I do not get at least one egg by the 6th spin, I walk away from that wheel and figure there will be another on some other day. Yesterday's wheel actually gave me 3 eggs and it only cost me about 15,000 coins....I sold the three to recoup some of the loss.

Someday, I will finally get that 100th egg.....but, at the rate it is going, I doubt it will happen in the month of April.

The double 6's --- well, I have been stuck on 31/36 for so long that I quit hoping for one. Maybe someday on that as well..... In either case, I will certainly get the final reward on both the Egg-centric and Hit the Jackpot! loooooonnnnggg time before Key Master or Ace Assistant (because I have put Trina in time out in her room.....I no longer even open her to see what quest she has posted. The final level is just too ridiculously high to even warrant additional effort.)

Edited on 04/03/2016 at 7:54:59 PM PST

fbf6751
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by fbf6751 on Apr 3, 16 8:39 PM
I have been having bad luck with dice for a long time , right now I have been working on getting the chamberlain for some reason he is killing me with his rolls today I roll 10 ,him 12 ,I roll 7 , him 8 , I roll 10 , him 5 ,I seam to get 1 maybe 2 wins, at this rate I may get Your Turn Sir! next year,prize wheel I just do a free spin each day

Fred(lortoc)

Nocturne
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Nocturne on Apr 3, 16 10:33 PM
Like all rigged games, they always start off allowing you to win enough so you start feeling overconfident and continue to play but with time, you start to have fewer and fewer wins, with just the occasional win to keep you interested. I haven't had any luck with winning at craps so I have kind of stopped playing since a lot of the items you have to create in the lab now cost several thousand coins, I'm always running low on coins so don't need to lose a couple hundred to some cheating crap game. As far as the wheel goes, I have not been real disappointed. Any duplicate eggs can be sold for coins or crystals so it's like free stuff.

mommduck
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Apr 4, 16 5:32 AM
Wheel is definitely NOT a game of chance. It knows where it is going to stop as soon as you set it going..why do I know this..

In the achievement list is: collect 10 eggs from the wheel for X diamonds. I was on 9 eggs.

Last week as soon as I set the wheel going my 'achievement' banner appears on the screen in relation to getting 10 eggs. (I only had 9 at this point) When the wheel eventually stopped, it stopped 'on the egg', giving me 10... Suspicious or what..

Edited on 04/04/2016 at 5:33:41 AM PST

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on Apr 4, 16 5:58 AM
mommduck wrote:Wheel is definitely NOT a game of chance. It knows where it is going to stop as soon as you set it going..why do I know this..

In the achievement list is: collect 10 eggs from the wheel for X diamonds. I was on 9 eggs.

Last week as soon as I set the wheel going my 'achievement' banner appears on the screen in relation to getting 10 eggs. (I only had 9 at this point) When the wheel eventually stopped, it stopped 'on the egg', giving me 10... Suspicious or what..

The fact that the outcome is determined at the time of spinning has no bearing on whether the results are fair. Remember, this is a computer game, not a physical wheel. Nothing you describe is the least bit suspicious.

mommduck
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Apr 4, 16 6:00 AM
Kimberph, I never said that the game wasn't fair...??

What I said is that the game (wheel) is not a game of chance. It is predetermined what you will get when you spin.

lawse1
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by lawse1 on Apr 4, 16 4:15 PM
Thanks to all. I am glad I am not the only one with problems

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on Apr 5, 16 9:00 AM
mommduck wrote:Kimberph, I never said that the game wasn't fair...??

What I said is that the game (wheel) is not a game of chance. It is predetermined what you will get when you spin.

It is a game of "chance". Again, this is a computer game, there isn't some physical wheel somewhere behind the scenes. Why do you think it matters when in the programming the determination is made as to what the end result will be? At the point of spin, the result is determined. Of course it works this way. There isn't any other practical way to program it.

Go to: