bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fashion Assistant

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 27, 09 12:05 AM
Experience the world of top fashion firsthand in this Hidden Object game! As the new Fashion Assistant at Fashion Forever Magazine, everyday life is full of glamour for Julia, but when the master design book for the upcoming collection mysteriously disappears, it’s up to Julia to find them. She must discreetly investigate the theft and recover the designs in time for the event of the year, without her eccentric boss Melinda and her fiercely competitive secretary finding out!

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

Re:Fashion Assistant

[Post New]by U25150 on Dec 27, 09 12:15 AM
Game definely looks like an HOG for beginners & very cheesy at that.

It probably has more appeal to a tween girl. So, I guess it would be a good one for the kiddies.

For me? No thanks, I'll pass.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Dec 27, 09 12:16 AM
The video and the screen shots look amaturish and not very attractive. Not even going to test this one. Will check back tomorrow to see what people who try the game think about it.

Mookhebbe
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,213 Posts

[Post New]by Mookhebbe on Dec 27, 09 12:48 AM
Deleted with 59 minutes remaining
Irritating music, poor graphics and for me a NOT TRY / NOT BUY.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Dec 27, 09 2:36 AM
hello fishies..i enjoyed the demo. some of the objects i found quite hard to find and i used quite a few hints!!..i will not buy this but as i said, i did enjoy it

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Dec 27, 09 4:48 AM
Music drove me nuts. It couldn't decide if it wanted to be disco, techno, or bouncy-cartoony to fit the artwork. It was done OK for cartoony artwork & at least they made their own HOs. I don't like when the list of HOs inches up; rather see everything at once. A few of the minigames leaned toward innovative but there were too many of them. But there was absolutely no effort to concoct a storyline at all so that folks who don't enjoy cartoons might be able to get past it.

Why do they think we're all girly-girls who are going to jump on rehashing of every other fashionista HOG? I want history & wars!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 27, 09 5:11 AM
As a HOG addict, I will try just about anything...but I too prefer historical, mysteries, cops and detectives, and fantasy...fashion hogs haven't yet held my interest, although I have played them when there was nothing else available.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 27, 09 5:43 AM
OMG......................NOT................AS IF....................

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Dec 27, 09 7:46 AM
Not a buyer for me and I had to switch off music BUT I really enjoyed the puzzles. Made a change from the usual spot the difference etc. I thought the cartoony feel quirky and unusual.

I would like to thank BF for still putting out games over Christmas. While the rest of us were eating and enjoying ourselves, three cheers to them. It is all too easy to moan but I, for one, really appreciate the effort that went into still supplying us with at least an hours free game everyday over the holiday. Well done BF - Take a bow.

[Post New]by SlinkyEllie on Dec 27, 09 8:52 AM
Another game with an uncontrollable cursor. I wish these developers would all give the opportunity of switching off these customised cursors.

Unplayable

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Dec 27, 09 9:06 AM
For anyone who enjoys playing a cartoon style Hidden Object Game, this is just right.

I played the first round and then stopped. Some objects were color on color, and some were hidden almost to the point where I could not see what it was supposed to be.

One item to be found was a mirror. There was a big mirror on the wall, but the one they wanted was a hand mirror in a drawer with only the mirror handle sticking out. I concluded that it was a magnifying glass. Needed to use a hint for that one. Was irritated that the big mirror on the wall was not the solution.

Minor mini games were around the scene. The final game on the first level was to sort things that were found in the room inside the drawer so that they were not touching. Once I completed that, nothing happened to say, "hey, this puzzle is finished." Once I figured out that I needed to get out of that screen, it still did not tell me the level was complete.

As a fan of Hidden Object Games, I did not find this one enjoyable. Then, too, I am not a fan of timers in general, but with this game I was so irritated with the colors that I didn't even notice if there was a timer.

Well, just went back to the game to see if there was a timer, and I did not find one. That doesn't mean there wasn't a timer, I just didn't see it if there was one. I find that if I can enjoy a Hidden Object game to the point where I don't even notice if there is a timer or not, then I will buy it *in spite* of the timer (example: Agatha Christie). But not this game.

When I went back the game opened to that last puzzle again, as unfinished. Turns out there was one more object that was hidden by a large paper tablet. So, as I only moved it a bit to place it the first time, the last object was still hidden by the larger object.

As for me, this is not a game that would keep me occupied beyond the first ten minutes or so.

My Opinion

To add:
I would like to thank BF for still putting out games over Christmas. While the rest of us were eating and enjoying ourselves, three cheers to them. It is all too easy to moan but I, for one, really appreciate the effort that went into still supplying us with at least an hours free game everyday over the holiday. Well done BF - Take a bow.

Here! Here!

Edited on 12/27/2009 at 9:08:09 AM PST

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Dec 27, 09 3:47 PM
I, too, found the game unplayable due to the totally uncontrollable cursor. It seemingly has a mind of its own.

Being able to turn the custom cursor off would have been a godsend. I don't know why gamemakers don't make it an option. Why a few games have mind-of-its-own cursors, while most other custom ones are completely fine, really puzzles me.

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Dec 27, 09 6:25 PM
While I had absolutely no technical problems with this game, I wholeheartedly agree with the request to be able to turn custom cursors off. As the cause of so much frustration with so many players and so many games, you would think developers would have gotten the message by now.

And I also would like to thank BFG for the constant stream of new games. I had been playing off and on for 8 months or so. Then in early June I had unexpected surgery on my foot and was off my feet for 4 weeks, then on crutches for another 4. I became a real addict then and have not recovered yet. Knowing there is something new to entertain me every day was a real help when I could not do much else. THANK YOU BFG!!

OK, this one. The music is awful and I did turn it off. I like good appropriate music as it add to the ambiance, but it is not a deal killer for me.

What is a deal killer is more of what is said above. Cartoon games are fine - but when it is an illustration you had better be sure the item looks like the key word. "Paper cutter" was a utility knife. Scissors, maybe, but a utility knife? No. I had the same mirror angst as above - along with a few others in the hour.

The hints were fine for me and they recharged fairly fast. I also like the image hint option. The story was OK and not too intrusive. Not at all a subject I have much interest in, but it did not get in the way of playing the game as some do.

My real problem was that things did not look like they were supposed to. A "folder" that looks like a book, a "pencil" that looks like a pen in one scene and a crayon in the next. Too much time trying to figure that out and not enough hunting objects down.

Not the worst game I have demoed but not even on the list to consider buying.

/

ETA: I would not consider this for a tween girl as suggested above. Ashtrays, lighters,drinks, full shot glasses, envy about body size. Not the kind of things I want associated with fun, glamor and adventure for the young girls in my life.

Edited on 12/27/2009 at 6:27:49 PM PST

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Dec 27, 09 11:28 PM
SlinkyEllie wrote:Another game with an uncontrollable cursor. I wish these developers would all give the opportunity of switching off these customised cursors.

Unplayable

Me too - cursor went all over the place!

[Post New]by sweetlips4u78 on Dec 28, 09 12:56 AM
I am having trouble with the agenda book i have no clue where to put the appointments at i need help

lmuehl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lmuehl on Dec 28, 09 2:40 PM
I really disliked this game. the music was aweful. Graphics to childish for me

[Post New]by carolynarp on Dec 28, 09 10:29 PM
once i complete one of the minigames, i've no idea how to get back to the main game.

HELP ME PLEASE!

dunkfl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by dunkfl on Dec 29, 09 12:14 PM
My cursor also went all over the place, couldn't even start the game due to it bouncing! Terrible.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 29, 09 1:58 PM
I don`t like hogs with cartoonsstyle and I found the clues very hard to find. Sorry, not a game for me.

badoodie
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by badoodie on Dec 30, 09 4:09 PM
Typically when I start a game i turn off the music since it eventually drives me nuts. Other game sounds I leave on. With this game I have to turn off ALL sounds.

The graphics and drawings rather amateurish. Possibly this game is targeted for girls under 12?

And most annoyingly, if that stupid assistant interrupts me one more time to ask if I'm having trouble finding an item and shows me how to use the hints I'm gonna have to....
But no worries because I very quickly delted the demo.

Go to: