Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sliders and Other Square Jigsaw Puzzles here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 4, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/04/2016 at 6:45:40 AM PST

bgarcia
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sliders and Other Square Jigsaw Puzzles here.

[Post New]by bgarcia on Apr 4, 16 2:44 AM
I don't show any mouse pointer. I have a desktop running Windows 10. I have unloaded and reloaded twice.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sliders and Other Square Jigsaw Puzzles here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 4, 16 6:46 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 4, 16 7:00 AM
Hi bgarcia,

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't seeing a mouse pointer on your Windows 10 system. Please refer to the following help article as it is known to help resolve issues such as the one you are experiencing:

Windows 10

If you are still seeing the mouse issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always willing to help further troubleshoot.

bfgBellerophon

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Apr 4, 16 9:30 AM
I am running W7 64 and this game will not download properly. All java and adobe are updated but I get an error message saying "did not download properly. uninstall and try again"...which I did twice. looks like a fun game but 3 download attempts and no game. so , no buy for me.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 4, 16 9:41 AM
Hi caseymom,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing downloading issues with this game. The following help article is known to help resolve downloading issues that players experience. Please pay particular attention to 'Step Three: Adjust the Big Fish Games app's settings.'

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you find that you are still having issues, you are welcome to reach out to our Technical Support Team with Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help in any way that they can.

bfgBellerophon

Sniet
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Sniet on Apr 4, 16 7:19 PM
bgarcia wrote:I don't show any mouse pointer. I have a desktop running Windows 10. I have unloaded and reloaded twice.

Same here (windows 10, no mouse). I have sent a Doc Felix Report to techical support and hope the best.

[Post New]by Terisuz on Apr 4, 16 11:00 PM
Me also, on the no mouse issue. Windows 10. Going to try and adjust dpi. cross your fingers!

[Post New]by Terisuz on Apr 4, 16 11:26 PM
Changing the display dpi worked! I can see the mouse, the game is centered on the screen and it is fun to play. However, the rest of my computer is now too small to read! It's a wash

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 5, 16 8:40 AM
Hi Sniet and Terisuz,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing a display issue with the mouse.

Snief, please try the troubleshooting steps in the help article below as it is known to help resolve the mouse issue you are experiencing:

Windows 10

I'm glad to hear that you were able to adjust the DPI and it helped Terisuz. Players can definitely adjust the DPI settings back to the previous settings. If you would like to try other troubleshooting steps, feel free to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help in any way that they can.

bfgBellerophon

murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Apr 5, 16 11:40 AM
I love these puzzles from "Joe" but I'm not going to keep having to reset my display to play them (I use Windows 10). Too bad.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 5, 16 9:02 PM
No mouse troubles here (Win 8.1). But the music menu doesn't work. I love the opening classical music but when I tried to disable the choices for the kinds of music I don't like, they kept playing anyway. I finally had to mute all the music, which is too bad. I like "Moonlight Sonata" but not the other stuff which is basically just noise.

[Post New]by BeccaBookie on Apr 6, 16 6:50 AM
I also have a windows 10 issue with the pointer disappearing and of course no way to exit game! How OLD is this game anyway that we have to keep changing the DPI in order to play. Love the opening music just wish the game would get fixed so we could all play it

raindear82
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by raindear82 on Apr 6, 16 10:43 AM
I fell in love with the pics of this game and couldn't wait to download the trial for it. Unfortunately, this is one of many games that my Samsung monitor will not display. I get "Not optimum resolution" something I get all too often, but no one seems to know a way to fix the issue, so this is just one more game I can only play, if at all, on my laptop. I wish there was something other than replacing my brand new monitor that I could do about this issue.

Sniet
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Sniet on Apr 6, 16 4:30 PM
Thx Bellerophon but that I tried before writing here without getting better.

The last two days I tried out lots of settings for grafic adapter, dpi, windows settings, Kompabilitätsmodus (sorry, I don't know the english word for that) and in the end I found a combination for fullscreen, mouse cursor and even dpi 125 is running fine.

Unhappily I don't know, what was the real try in the end :-(

Could it help, to sent an new Doc Felix File to support? Perhaps there is anybody who can see the diffent between first file from my computer (windows 10, no mouse) and now (all running fine in fullscreen with dpi 125%)?

Btw: It is a really fine game and I can't get enough of it :-)

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm from germany

bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi Sniet and Terisuz,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing a display issue with the mouse.

Snief, please try the troubleshooting steps in the help article below as it is known to help resolve the mouse issue you are experiencing:

bfgBellerophon

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Apr 9, 16 10:14 AM
I don't know if this is a Tech issue, but don't know what else to call it. One thing I liked about CLUTTER V was the "count" on how many puzzles you'd completed/how many total. I found where this is in this game (click on the magnifying glass). It was counting fine. Yesterday it stopped. It's grayed out at 30 / 560. All the little boxes load and I can count the green dots. That shows I've done 39/560. Is there any way to get the counter active again?

I'm running Windows Vista Home.

Edited on 04/09/2016 at 10:15:34 AM PST

[Post New]by LawnDarts on Apr 15, 16 8:26 PM
I wrote a reply to Clutter V and am still seeing the issue with this game.

My screen goes black when I start this game. When I alt+tab to go back to the desktop I only get a single line, one pixel tall, at the bottom of the screen. The display is trashed for everything, I have to log off and log back in to use anything.

This happens with Clutter V as well, but Clutter IV works fine.

I am using a Lenovo W520 running Windows 7 with Intel graphics.

Thanks,

Brackenlady
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Brackenlady on Apr 25, 16 4:06 PM
I have the same Windows 10 problems as others - only part of the screen displays when it opens and there is no cursor. You have to exit via the task manager.

This is not just an issue for this game. As many have noticed the same thing happens in Clutter V. I have also been replaying Build-a-lot 4 and same issue (but that is an old game).

Yes I can fix it if I change my dpi back to 100% but then my computer display is too small. It is a pain having to keep on changing it back and forth.

I've looked at the Windows 10 hints but can't see anything helpful in them. I think Big Fish needs to look at this issue more seriously.

Hidey_Hole
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Hidey_Hole on Jul 2, 16 8:03 PM
There is an odd problem with this (and all other Puzzles by Joe) games that seems to be related to the High DPI settings (like 150% for larger fonts).

I am running Windows 7 HP SP1 64bit.

If I change from full-screen to windowed, my system reverts to "Windows Basic" coloring until the game closes. It's only when you switch. If you close in windowed mode and re-open, it does not happen.

However, if you do have the larger font, then the windowed mode is too tall and has no side "frames" unless you have the properties flag set to ignore scaling for high DPI.

I have contacted the developer on the issue. He says there is nothing he can do. He's using some standard developer software and there's nothing he can change that will change this effect. His software, while working fine in full-screen mode is Pre Aero (Vista) so it doesn't understand it.

The solution -- play full-screen. The window if you set that high DPI flag is awful small!

I'm happy with his explanation and the game is very playable. I just wanted to let anybody know who sees this issue that it is known and there is a circumvention.

Go to: