Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

how long

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Dec 27, 09 8:44 AM
Does anybody know how long is the game, how many chapters? I played 4 chapters in the hour trial and I'm wondering if there is still a lot to go.

Re:how long

[Post New]by 22sweet on Dec 27, 09 2:31 PM
I only could play 4 chapters also. I wish Big Games wold tell yo how many chapters that was in all their before we decide 2 purchase them.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Dec 27, 09 3:47 PM
Knowing the number of chapters doesn't always give you a true idea of how long a game is because the chapters vary so much in length themselves. There are very long games here that have only a few chapters, and then there are games that have quite a few very short chapters making for a shorter game. The best way to get an idea of how long a game is before you purchase is to check the blog walkthrough for the game you're interested in. Even those can only help to a certain extent. One of the things you can find in these is the number of chapters/sections. Another thing I do when I go to the blog walkthrough page is that I wait until the page is COMPLETELY loaded which sometimes takes a few minutes because of all the pictures. Once the page has finished loading, I look at the size of the scroll bar (mine is on the right edge of the browser) to see how small it is. If it's really small, that means the page is HUGE which in turn generally means there is a LOT to the walkthrough, and this converts to a longer game....at least in my brain!! LOL!

HTH!

Ealo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Ealo on Jan 1, 10 12:09 AM
There are 11 chapters to the game. Each chapter is about 25 minutes long. That means to have to go to all the different areas in the chapter and finish it in 25 minutes. so figure it out. 25x11 minutes = 275 minutes which comes out to be about 5 hrs. It depends on how fast you are in finding all the objects, clues and playing the mini games. I hope that answers you question.

Anam_Craite
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Anam_Craite on Jan 29, 10 9:42 AM
I'm always wondering the same thing and I think the best way to check, as Gentlsong said, is to look at the walkthroughs when available. I scroll very quickly so that I don't pick up on solutions or endings.

Ealo, is your calculation of 25 minutes per chapter based on an overall average with chapter's being different lengths? I'm curious about your methodology because I completed the first four chapters during the one hour demo and that was completing the puzzles versus skipping and reading the dialogs (although I did use a couple of hints to find a couple of well hidden items). I consider myself to be about average in speed for HOGs and based on my play (and if the chapters where of equal length and difficulty), I'd have the game completed in another two hours or less.

Go to: