deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

What Happens When A Game is Dropped?

[Post New]by deeziner on Apr 4, 16 7:07 AM
Since the January update there has been an undercurrent murmur that perhaps MC is being phased out by its developers like many other FTP games on the internet.....

My question is.....what happens when an FTP is phased out? Does the game disappear? Or is it still available to be played out to the final released update? Does BFG still provide tech support?

And finally...does anyone still think we're reaching "the end"?

GameJack
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

What Happens When A Game is Dropped?

[Post New]by GameJack on Apr 4, 16 7:17 AM
deeziner wrote:Since the January update there has been an undercurrent murmur that perhaps MC is being phased out by its developers like many other FTP games on the internet.....

My question is.....what happens when an FTP is phased out? Does the game disappear? Or is it still available to be played out to the final released update? Does BFG still provide tech support?

And finally...does anyone still think we're reaching "the end"?

So far everyone I have played you can still play but they won't update anymore. SOme players stop playing, some continue and new players come aboard. You just don't get any new content. No glitches fixed, etc.

Engelina1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:What Happens When A Game is Dropped?

[Post New]by Engelina1 on Apr 4, 16 7:40 AM
When a game is dropped you dont get any new guest of course and the moderators keep telling you to be patient there is going to be a new update soon . I have seen this with Awakening Kingdoms and Found .

Now the same thing is happening here The last christmas event of found was really awfull, I stopped playing the game then. I sure hope its not happening again but since we are waiting such a long time for the spring event ....

After all what do we do with an easterbunny long after eastern sorry if I made some misstakes in my writing but I am not English I come from Holland. Hope I am wrong about the game because I like it very much.

Arminius77
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Arminius77 on Apr 4, 16 8:27 AM
Engelina1 wrote:When a game is dropped you dont get any new guest of course and the moderators keep telling you to be patient there is going to be a new update soon . I have seen this with Awakening Kingdoms and Found .

Now the same thing is happening here The last christmas event of found was really awfull, I stopped playing the game then. I sure hope its not happening again but since we are waiting such a long time for the spring event ....

After all what do we do with an easterbunny long after eastern sorry if I made some misstakes in my writing but I am not English I come from Holland. Hope I am wrong about the game because I like it very much.

Don't forget Nightfall. BF will let you know when the devs will stop updating. The last update was too close to spring and there were some problems , but they scrambled to fix it. I believe that's the reason why they're late.
Btw, your English is not that bad. Kijk maar naar het mijne,
Groetjes uit Vlaanderen

Edited on 04/04/2016 at 9:18:20 AM PST

Engelina1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Engelina1 on Apr 4, 16 9:38 AM
Thank you for reacting I will try to keep my hopes up , groetjes uit Rotterdam.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Apr 4, 16 10:59 AM

Edited on 04/04/2016 at 5:29:03 PM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 4, 16 1:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

It's understandable that many of you have been waiting for an update to the game, and that the wait has led to some speculation.

To make things clear, an update for the game is most certainly in the works. However, as some have mentioned here, there were issues with recent updates, calling for a temporary shift in focus.

As explained previously, the Forum Moderation Team receives little to no advance knowledge regarding updates for any of the games that we offer on our site. However, we are definitely not in the practice of promising updates if none are on the way. Despite what may be mentioned here regarding other games, the Forum Moderation Team has never promised game updates unless we have been assured that they are forthcoming.

Please rest assured that Midnight Castle will continue to receive updates for the forseeable future and that one is certainly on the way. As a reminder, the discussions in this forum need to be specific to Midnight Castle, so let's make sure that we stay on-topic in this thread.

We do not have information regarding the release date for the next update, but as always we'll be sure to post in this forum as soon as we have any news regarding this.

Thanks for your patience,

bfgWaimea

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

[Post New]by deeziner on Apr 4, 16 3:41 PM
Thank you everyone for your responses and thank you BFGWaimea for providing reassurance and not locking this topic

I guess I will go back to patiently .....no, im-patiently waiting for the event to begin and enjoy my time as I fulfill my current quests....

PS--I enjoy your English quite a lot Engelina....dank je.

Edited on 04/04/2016 at 3:47:23 PM PST

Go to: