contest

[Post New]by sfoheidi on Apr 6, 16 9:04 AM
the contest is still a mockery, eliminate the 3 chips per door and the spinning wheel, just use best scores, until fixed,, please do not` bother me with this contest!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:contest

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 6, 16 9:11 AM
Tournaments, like much of this game, are based on random chance.

Removing the chips and the wheel will remove the chance for many to be successful with the Achievement.

MC, in my opinion, was never meant/created to be a "competition" game....but one for fun, relaxation, and give many people (old and young; able and disabled) a feeling of accomplishment.

If you find no pleasure with the tournaments -- they are optional and you can ignore them.

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

contest

[Post New]by betslou41 on Apr 6, 16 10:03 AM
sfoheidi wrote:the contest is still a mockery, eliminate the 3 chips per door and the spinning wheel, just use best scores, until fixed,, please do not` bother me with this contest!

I played twice today, 1st time only 1 coin behind 4 doors, 2nd time I got 4 spins, and yes 4 10's !!! And I still can't figure out how people can score over 400,000 !!! Doesn't seem like they have fixed all the glitches ???

Betslou41

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

contest

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Apr 6, 16 10:23 AM
betslou41 wrote:
sfoheidi wrote:the contest is still a mockery, eliminate the 3 chips per door and the spinning wheel, just use best scores, until fixed,, please do not` bother me with this contest!

I played twice today, 1st time only 1 coin behind 4 doors, 2nd time I got 4 spins, and yes 4 10's !!! And I still can't figure out how people can score over 400,000 !!! Doesn't seem like they have fixed all the glitches ???

Betslou41

Betslou, I have been playing at least one tournament per day, sometimes two for months now. My base scores are good, chips and spins abysmal. I have only managed the top 100 three times. Yet, I keep seeing the same names in the top 100. I don't believe these people are "cheating", I just think they have lucky games. But, it is VERY disheartening to those of us that have not been equally "blessed".

ozziebasia
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

contest

[Post New]by ozziebasia on Apr 6, 16 7:36 PM
NoFishToday wrote:
betslou41 wrote:

Betslou41

Betslou, I have been playing at least one tournament per day, sometimes two for months now. My base scores are good, chips and spins abysmal. I have only managed the top 100 three times. Yet, I keep seeing the same names in the top 100. I don't believe these people are "cheating", I just think they have lucky games. But, it is VERY disheartening to those of us that have not been equally "blessed".

Hi Bets and Linet,
I achieved the and it definitely was just a fluke. Sometimes when I play the tournaments the wheel and chips are kind, other times very BAD One tourney I had 12 chips and the wheel spun 10% x 2 and 0% x 2, so wasn't too happy.Just the luck of the wheel and where it lands

Barb from Oz

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 6, 16 7:47 PM
My guess is that those people who are winning many times are also paying diamonds to play, and play, and play until they get those high scores.

I don't get such good odds when I try that....If I'm getting 10, 10, 10 ......then it continues whether I spend diamonds or wait for the free plays. So I just wait. Hit every now and then.....

Devilinwales
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Devilinwales on Apr 7, 16 6:29 AM
You say it as it should be Annelliegram and therefore you say it well.

We should by the randomness hit now and then but miss more often than hit which I believe would please the majority.

Those who hit too often must have found something we haven't ,....... Yet

Still no tourneys for us I-padders though.

Good luck to all other platform tourney participants

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Apr 7, 16 6:59 AM
I have one of those lucky games... I didn't play tournaments until they started after the Christmas event, and already made it to the top 100 7 times.
I'm not fast, my best final scores are between 80K and 90K, usually it's lower. I got to the top 100 with only three (good) spins, whereas today I found 15 chips and only made it to somewhere to the 300. I got to the top 100 with a very low base score and, again, very lucky spins.
I'm one of those people that would never ever get the achievement without the spins. I do not use diamonds to play again, just wait until I can, and have fun playing the tourneys...

[Post New]by WelshWitch1981 on Apr 7, 16 8:31 AM
Annelliegram wrote:My guess is that those people who are winning many times are also paying diamonds to play, and play, and play until they get those high scores.

I don't get such good odds when I try that....If I'm getting 10, 10, 10 ......then it continues whether I spend diamonds or wait for the free plays. So I just wait. Hit every now and then.....

Same here Annelie, if the first go gives me low chips and/or lousy spins, I don't find spending diamonds does anything to increase my luck, even with the law of averages. I have good tourneys and bad tourneys (far more of the latter...), and if it starts bad, that's usually the way it continues, so I only play the free rounds. Can't afford to spend many diamonds in the hope it MIGHT improve, lol.

I had far better luck during the brief spell of 22 item, 2 minute cooldown tourneys... maybe they just coincided with my 'good tourneys'.... mind you, my hand resembled Chandlers 'claw' after a few (sorry, big Friends fan )

As for lucky games.... well I definitely went through a very lucky spell briefly with both wheels.... alas, it seems I'm paying for it now.... and probably for the next 2 years or so!!

Go to: