Theory
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Un-user friendly control interface

[Post New]by Theory on Dec 28, 09 7:33 AM
I enjoy the story so far, it kept me guessing. But it is really annoying to find hotspots for putting away ballons, chimney tools and sugar cubes. Now I am stuck on how to stick the letters I found for the boat name onto the boat. They just fly back to where I found them. I mean the programmer cannot possibly expect the player to find precise hotspots for a HOG unless each object on screen is 1" in size at least. Also my cursor flashes continuously. In terms of control interface this one seems way behind other HOGs.

Edited on 12/28/2009 at 7:34:58 AM PST

Snooks_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Un-user friendly control interface

[Post New]by Snooks_1 on Dec 31, 09 7:21 AM
I found the best way to complete the name of the boat is to pick up the letter and then point to the previous letter and click on it. You have to pick up the letters in order but this works quite well. Hope this helps.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 2, 10 12:50 AM
The fireplace tools went in on the same spot each time....right up on the top of the rack for them. So did the sugar cubes. It was the teacups that were really tricky.

[Post New]by ohgoodness on Jan 8, 10 11:59 AM
yup. agree 2 all. this game has u clicking on a object....a correcrt object so many times that u get hit with...u r clicking to many times....well, the clicking on a object is so off in this game. really slows the game down and the chimney tools are the worst.

[Post New]by Kirsten_M on Jan 17, 10 3:10 AM
Hi!

I must agree with the above! I love the Christie-games, but the controls are completey off in this one. The Alfapet tiles need klicking two to four times and sometimes drop back to starting field if I move the cursor too fast. So sad, the graphichs are really prety but I can't be bothered to play for more than a few minutes at a time.

Go to: