Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Phantasmat: Town of Lost Hope Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 7, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/07/2016 at 6:39:31 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Phantasmat: Town of Lost Hope Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 7, 16 6:39 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Phantasmat: Town of Lost Hope Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by stuckinhell on Apr 7, 16 8:06 AM
I can't seem to attach the hook to the bars, there are no gears to indicate an action, I take the hook to the bars, but it just retracts. What am I doing wrong, I would love to finish the demo at least.

trillian
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by trillian on Apr 7, 16 8:36 AM
stuckinhell wrote:I can't seem to attach the hook to the bars, there are no gears to indicate an action, I take the hook to the bars, but it just retracts. What am I doing wrong, I would love to finish the demo at least.

That's not exactly a bug--just frustrating programming. Use the hint button to get a sparkle on the bars, and click EXACTLY where the sparkle was. Despite all common sense, no other place on the bars will work.

trillian
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Phantasmat: Town of Lost Hope Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by trillian on Apr 7, 16 8:41 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

I played the demo for a while last night. This morning I get the message: "The profile save data is corrupted and has been deleted. Please start a new game."

I'm playing on Windows 8.1. The error message was all dressed up in game colours, not a message from my system.

[Post New]by stuckinhell on Apr 7, 16 9:41 AM
thank you so much trillian, it seems like a good game, other than that quirk.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 7, 16 4:35 PM
Hi trillian,

I'm sorry to hear that the save data for the game was deleted. The Forum Moderation Team definitely want people to be able to play their game without needing to start over, and our help articles have some steps that can help prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future. I suggest trying the steps in the following help article:

Run Game as Administrator

If you see this message again, or any other technical problem, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re: game in living room with dice.

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Apr 9, 16 12:06 PM
When I get close up to the dice table I am unable to "X" out of or back out of the screen. I have to totally exit the game in order to get out.

[Post New]by PetuniaBeau on Apr 9, 16 1:49 PM
When I got to the point in the preschool classroom where I picked up the marker, I returned to the office to play the game. The marker disappeared when I tried to use it so I exited the game to check the games forum to see if anyone else was having the same problem. When I found nothing, I relaunched the game, and was advised that the file was corrupted and to restart from the beginning. Very frustrating.

Computer is running Windows 10.

cele3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cele3 on Apr 9, 16 7:46 PM
PetuniaBeau wrote:When I got to the point in the preschool classroom where I picked up the marker, I returned to the office to play the game. The marker disappeared when I tried to use it so I exited the game to check the games forum to see if anyone else was having the same problem. When I found nothing, I relaunched the game, and was advised that the file was corrupted and to restart from the beginning. Very frustrating.

Just wanted to say I have the same problem.

[Post New]by kerith90angel on Apr 13, 16 3:00 PM
I run Windows 7 Desktop pc

RE CHAP 3- (in wtg pg 2) My last pickup was the penknife, the last thing I just did was used the hand mirror. As I was trying to go from SCHOOL YARD back into the PRESCHOOL CLASSROOM the screen turned black (background noises still playing) and finally screen reappeared after a good 30 seconds or so. I was then able to use the penknife on Jeffery's bag and it happened again as I tried to transition from the PRESCHOOL CLASSROOM into the room with Jeffery's mom. Froze a 3rd time as Jeffrey's mom was about to speak.... At this point it wouldn't come back... and my entire computer was not responding. Rebooted my computer and finished chapter 3 without anymore issues. Just figured I should report it in case it wasn't just my computer acting up.

[Post New]by jenthomas25 on Apr 15, 16 3:09 PM
I successfully completed the game and was excited about the bonus chapter, until I discovered that I am unable to get a dialog box to open when clicking on Doug, If I click on the tied fence post, a dialog box appears and says, "I need a tool to open this, just like Doug said". Hmm. I wasn't able to speak to him, so how does the character know what was said? Is there an update for this glitch?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 17, 16 2:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the tech issues people have been encountering in the game. For the issues being described here, I encourage taking a look at the help articles I've included below. They have steps that can be used in many different situations for a variety of operating systems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Additionally, the following help article has steps specifically for computers running Windows 10:

Windows 10

If these problems continue, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can provide customized troubleshooting steps, and are always happy to help.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Problem with Smiley Face Puzzle in Office

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Apr 18, 16 10:02 PM
Have made a mistake in the Smiley Face Puzzle in the Office, there is no reset button that I can see and so can go no further.

Has anyone else been able to solve this? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Debbie387

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 24, 16 2:07 AM
cele3 wrote:
PetuniaBeau wrote:When I got to the point in the preschool classroom where I picked up the marker, I returned to the office to play the game. The marker disappeared when I tried to use it so I exited the game to check the games forum to see if anyone else was having the same problem. When I found nothing, I relaunched the game, and was advised that the file was corrupted and to restart from the beginning. Very frustrating.

Just wanted to say I have the same problem.

4/24 having same problem missing marker. Still not fixed. grrrrrr

[Post New]by Anoxia8 on Apr 26, 16 4:37 AM
I can't get the oil to go in the bottle with the gas.
I tried the hint button to see if the "sparkles" could help but nothing!

DrayB
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Phantasmat: Town of Lost Hope Collector's Edition - Violation Error

[Post New]by DrayB on May 13, 16 5:14 AM
I have recently reinstalled my PC and ever since have been unable to play any of my games. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the games and game manager, followed the "Access Violation" steps as per the Big Fish help. I have emailed Big Fish but am getting no where.

I am running Windows 8.1 - exactly the same as before reloading Windows.

Please could someone possibly help?

ellih
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by ellih on Jun 11, 16 7:36 AM
I am stuck in the bonus game. The first hop in the truck. I can not get the spray bottle nozzle in the bottle that is in the glove compartment. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I can not progress any further until I complete this action.

[Post New]by KaptainSanity on Nov 25, 16 8:58 PM
I have finished the game and am replaying the HOPs. The first puzzle is the one with 5 roses and 5 bow ties. I have found all ten but when I try to move the cloth to the mirror or the clasp to the handbag, the 'hot spot' to exit the puzzle overlaps the items, so I can't finish the puzzle.
Not a big deal, but it means folks who are trying for all the Achievements won't be able to, as this HOP is impossible to complete.

Windows 10 user

Go to: