bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 29, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains forum

[Post New]by nisee46 on Dec 29, 09 9:57 AM
Please help, I bought the game after playing for the hour trial now the game keeps freezing. I don't know how to resolve this matter.

[Post New]by sjakem on Dec 29, 09 9:55 PM
Hi,

I'm stuck at the door of suite #2. I have the smart card and when I click on the door with it I get a message that says "you don't only need a smart card you also need a password". According to the walkthrough a puzzel should appear but it doesn't. Anyone else have this problem and get past it? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks!

Edited on 12/29/2009 at 9:56:17 PM PST

[Post New]by sjakem on Dec 29, 09 10:16 PM
In reference to my last post, figured it out!! to open suite #2 you have to use your female character to get the puzzle to open

Fenomen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Fenomen on Dec 30, 09 3:54 AM
nisee46 wrote:Please help, I bought the game after playing for the hour trial now the game keeps freezing. I don't know how to resolve this matter.

Can you please describe where you encountered the problem in the game? And what you did before.

[Post New]by lizzowizzo on Dec 30, 09 4:09 AM
I downloaded the game, and i can't play it, all i get is a pure white screen. I meet the requirements, (i think) could i do something else to play this game?

[Post New]by playshifter on Dec 30, 09 4:33 AM
Lizzowizzo, try to download and install last drivers for your video card.

Edited on 12/30/2009 at 4:49:49 AM PST

[Post New]by hawkeye076 on Dec 30, 09 4:57 AM
I downloaded this game, and all that came up was a black screen with signal over range what can i do to solve this

Fenomen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Fenomen on Dec 30, 09 5:40 AM
hawkeye076 wrote:I downloaded this game, and all that came up was a black screen with signal over range what can i do to solve this

Please try these steps:

1) Open Notepad

2) Then Copy & Paste in Notepad the following line:

<settings><graphics fullscreen="off" /></settings>

3) Click 'Save as...' in Notepad's menu

4) Choose folder where the game was installed, usually here:

C:\Program Files\Great Adventures - Lost in Mountains\

5) And save this file named as Settings.xml

6) Launch the game

I hope this helps!

[Post New]by jennchelle235 on Dec 30, 09 1:02 PM
Having an issue with my Great Adventures. I got into the area by the garage and had my male character move the shelves to get into the garage, and when I dragged him he went into the room where the door is only half open and I can't get him out of there. He keeps says He won't fit. Well how did he get in there then?! I am frustrated.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Dec 30, 09 2:16 PM
WITHOUT A DOUBT THE POOREST EXCUSE FOR A GAME I HAVE SEEN YET!

[Post New]by lthenry10 on Dec 30, 09 7:56 PM
lizzowizzo wrote:I downloaded the game, and i can't play it, all i get is a pure white screen. I meet the requirements, (i think) could i do something else to play this game?

[Post New]by vix1973 on Dec 31, 09 10:29 AM
I managed to get to Chapter 7, collected the gas lighter and the shovel. After this i got stuck and pressed the hint button. The game is now frozen, I have tried rebooting the pc and exiting the game but it goes back to the same spot. I cannot do anything. please help.

[Post New]by rmsanchez on Jan 1, 10 1:00 AM
jennchelle235 wrote:Having an issue with my Great Adventures. I got into the area by the garage and had my male character move the shelves to get into the garage, and when I dragged him he went into the room where the door is only half open and I can't get him out of there. He keeps says He won't fit. Well how did he get in there then?! I am frustrated.

I have the same problem. What is the solution?

Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author

[Post New]by MooMoo24 on Jan 1, 10 6:06 AM
When I try downloading Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains or any game from bigfish games it comes up with a message saying "Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author"
What should I do to get the games to work?

Edited on 01/03/2010 at 8:27:25 AM PST

[Post New]by valzden on Jan 1, 10 7:51 AM
I am having the same problem with just a plain white screen? Has anyone figured out how to fix it?

[Post New]by jennchelle235 on Jan 1, 10 5:33 PM
rmsanchez wrote:
jennchelle235 wrote:Having an issue with my Great Adventures. I got into the area by the garage and had my male character move the shelves to get into the garage, and when I dragged him he went into the room where the door is only half open and I can't get him out of there. He keeps says He won't fit. Well how did he get in there then?! I am frustrated.

I wish they had a solution. I have yet to find one. I finally just uninstalled the game. I really enjoyed the game, but that is a huge glitch to me. Glad I didn't put any money forth on it.

Fzzzpopper
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Fzzzpopper on Jan 2, 10 4:22 PM
Fenomen wrote:
hawkeye076 wrote:I downloaded this game, and all that came up was a black screen with signal over range what can i do to solve this

Please try these steps:

1) Open Notepad

2) Then Copy & Paste in Notepad the following line:

<settings><graphics fullscreen="off" /></settings>

3) Click 'Save as...' in Notepad's menu

4) Choose folder where the game was installed, usually here:

C:\Program Files\Great Adventures - Lost in Mountains\

5) And save this file named as Settings.xml

6) Launch the game

I hope this helps!

I was having the same issue, never EVER had that issue with any other game before, so I tried your steps and they worked like a charm, thank you!

Still a very glitchy game, tho, I found it stuttered quite a bit and there seem to be some pixel-hunting issues with a few of the items you need to interact with. I really enjoyed what I could play before the stuttering got unbearable. My machine is only three years old, and while it's not the most powerful computer, I've been able to run graphics-intense games with no trouble - MCF: Dire Grove, Drawn: the Painted Tower, etc., as well as demanding online games like Left4Dead. I think this game tries to "run ahead of itself", if you know what I mean, and creates slight processing problems. Might be nice to have some sort of patch to help it run smoother...as it is, I find it rather frustrating to play, which is a shame because it's a cute little puzzle-solver.

Game is frozen

[Post New]by ivyraine on Jan 3, 10 2:57 AM
trial version was fine...bought game...I am in the laundry room and it is frozen...have rebooted computer...have uninstalled and installed 2x.....even after reinstalling, it is frozen in the same spot when the game is started!

[Post New]by tamtlp on Jan 4, 10 6:53 PM
jennchelle235 wrote:
rmsanchez wrote:

I wish they had a solution. I have yet to find one. I finally just uninstalled the game. I really enjoyed the game, but that is a huge glitch to me. Glad I didn't put any money forth on it.

I have the same problem. He went in room on his own. Unfortunately i did buy the game.... I really was having fun playing the game and don't want to have to start over! Anyone get passed this?

Well, I did start over and made sure not to allow him to go in that room. As soon as you open the garage door, make sure you take him directly to the metal rack next to the door. Have him move the rack immediately. I also exited the game to save several times when i was afraid it would glitch again. Good Luck to all! I did finish the game. Have fun.

Edited on 01/04/2010 at 9:00:13 PM PST

Go to: