cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains comments and reviews

[Post New]by cche on Dec 29, 09 1:26 AM
40 minutes or so into the game, 3 of who knows how many objectives complete.

Kind of cartoony sim combined with a mystery story of sorts, though I have made very little progress on that aspect of the game.

Music is bouncy and seems a bit inconsistent with the story, but the whole game has that upbeat feel. I will soon get tired of the music.

The sim aspects of the game (you need to keep your characters fed, rested and happy for maximum performance) really do not add to the story. The puzzles so far are simple, and consistent with the story.

The 45 degree angle view of "3-d" environment is a waste of imagery. It clutters up the screen without improving play experience.

I am sure many folks will enjoy this game, I am not one of them.

Edited on 12/29/2009 at 1:37:58 AM PST

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

Re:Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains comments and reviews

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Dec 29, 09 1:33 AM
I knew I was going to want this game, should have just went ahead and brought it. I didn't got kicked out after my hour demo to buy. The characters are fantastic. I had just solved the library puzzle and found the doorknob when I got booted. So looks like it will be a fairly long game. The puzzle was pretty easy to solve. I do like the interactive parts of the game. That you don't have to feed or make them rest every 5 seconds. It's a very enjoyable game.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 29, 09 2:13 AM
This really is an Adventure Game much more than any sort of Sim. Beyond keeping your people (just 2 in the hour demo) fed, rested, and fun meter filled, there are no other sim aspects, no money to make or things to build or timer to beat, etc. This is fine by me but might annoy those looking for a sim. I almost didn't even download thinking it was something TMish.

Neat little Adventure Game. Simple puzzles and things to find in a cheerful bright clear environment. Been a bit stumped a couple times but some careful searching/trying moved me on. I fear it will be on the short side - pretty much finished 6 of the 15 chapters in 45 minutes, but hard to judge how complicated things will get later on. One nice touch - you get 2 characters with different strengths and weaknesses. It is up to you to decide which person needs to take on which task.

I liked it, I bought it. Poodlebear Approved!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 29, 09 2:14 AM
I enjoy this style of game. Very cute, I used a credit after the tutorial. Controls are not perfect but for a casual game they seem to have packed a lot into this little adventure.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Dec 29, 09 2:19 AM
Fun game. Very entertaining. Nice change from the 2 hour hidden object games. It's a buy for me.

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Dec 29, 09 6:04 AM
Cute. Love the dog. Not sure if I'll buy it but I did enjoy the hour. Somewhat simplistic, but sometimes that's a good thing.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Dec 29, 09 7:54 AM
This is a definite buyer for me. I loved the objectives part of it. The little dog is really cute and helps you a lot. I didn't find the "sim" part of it difficult. The characters keep themselves fed etc if you left them for a little while. Wasn't onerous at all. Loads of hints for those who need them (3 bones make a hint). All in all a very enjoyable game. Kudos to makers for doing something completely different. I look forward to further adventures.

hilde21
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by hilde21 on Dec 29, 09 10:28 AM
I was having a rough day, and this game fit the bill! Thanks BF!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 29, 09 10:53 AM
I love this game BUT, I bought it after the one hour demo and I had to start over from scratch.

Kirkcollm
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Kirkcollm on Dec 29, 09 11:30 AM
This is a really fun game.
I find the sims part annoying. I just want to solve the puzzles and it seems silly to have to feed them and sleep on the couch. I feel like I am just wasting time when I do that.

I also have hit a glitch in the game where it freezes, but once they fix that I would suggest buying this one!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Dec 29, 09 12:33 PM
I'm liking It!

As I was playing the game, I said to myself, "who the heck comes up with this stuff." Then I said, jealous, because you can't.

1. I'm not sure that it's a time management game, but the developers seem to have gone out of their way to provide us with something different and enjoyable. -- Kudos to them.

2. The many things you have to do are nicely mixed throughout the movement of the storyline -- turn on the TV, BUT, you have to find the remote, oops! you have to fix the remote. Great way to get the interaction going.

3. While you're doing all this action with you two characters and the puppy, of course, you have to keep your characters happy -- rest, listen to music, eat. These are not too overdone and do not take away from the storyline and the adventure.

4. The graphics are pretty good, and easy on the eye. The different scenes are also pretty good. The TV looks like a platinum screen, etc. For some, the characters might be a little too cute, but this did not bother me.

5. I'm "hearing" different things in the forum about lengh. With 15 chapters, and me only completing 1-1/2 chapters in 30 minutes, I think I will get my moneys worith if I get 3-4 hours of play time.

Bottomline for me, it gets my approval and my purchase.

I'm back to work, so I will have to revisit the game later this evening. If you don't hear from me before the beginning of the year!

Happy New Year to All!

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Dec 29, 09 1:28 PM
All the comments got me really interested in this game but the graphics snafu won't allow me to run on either computer. I can see the title screen on my newer quad computer with a blank 4 inches on the bottom. My cursor will not even enter the black area. My older machine only has a window large enough to show a few faces but I have to enter task manager to kill the process because I cannot find a hot spot to change settings or exit.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 29, 09 2:02 PM
What a nice game! My trial time was really a pleasure! I was a little bit sceptical, because english is not my first language, but all of the dialogues are easy to understand. I will buy it on Friday, because I have already bought 6 games for my punch card. Well done, !

[Post New]by xstitchcarina on Dec 29, 09 2:37 PM
I enjoyed the game. Sometimes you had to think a bit more than other times and otherwise you have the dog to help you. Enough cookies to help you through.

Just a bit short though, but a well made game.

I did get stuck with the cursor a few times, that it wouldn't follow, also with not having the game cursor, clicked that off, but that was the only problem.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Dec 29, 09 2:52 PM
I'm not a TM fan so I almost didn't download this one.

But I'm glad I did. I haven't played that much yet, mostly because I wanted to leave some demo time for DH to try the game.

It held my interest right from the beginning. Lots of things to pick up and look at, lots of challenges to solve and clear graphics without too much chatter.

Even the fact that you have to feed, rest and amuse the characters didn't bother me. I loved watching one of them dance his little booty off as his "fun" bar filled up. Too cute!

My only concern is that calling it a TM game will turn off people like me who don't play those types of games. Should probably be called a Sim/Adventure game instead.

I just love it when developers break out of the box and give us something new!

Kudos!

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 29, 09 3:06 PM
Not sure why this is listed as a TM game because it definitely is not. It is, however, a pretty fun little game. The hour demo went by quickly & I am definitely tempted. A million times better than the game yesterday!

Edited on 12/29/2009 at 3:07:44 PM PST

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Dec 29, 09 3:12 PM
I'm a little bit disappointed because the game was announced as a sim game and is listed under time management, although it is in fact an adventure game with very, very basic sim elements. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the fact that it is definitely a great game, it's just not my cup of tea and my hopes were already up

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Dec 29, 09 4:43 PM
Very cute and fun game with enough of a mix to keep it interesting. The graphics are very crisp and I didn't haven't any issues with the cursor or the game freezing.

Only completed the first four objectives and after reading posts I'm a bit confused as to how long the game is -- some same long others say not so long Either way I think its a great game for $6.99.

I love both TM and Sims style games but this game is really neither -- as a previous poster said, it is more an adventure style game with a lot of steps to complete your objectives -- all in all it is a lot of fun.

I'm on the fence to purchase only because I only need one game more to get my sixth stamp and I'll wait to see what is offered in the next two days. If nothing better, I'll purchase this one for sure. Happy gaming and

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO BFG AND ALL THE FISHIES IN THE POND

[Post New]by jllangsett on Dec 29, 09 5:51 PM
liked game .! froze twice but over all enjoyable.

Syrenia
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Syrenia on Dec 29, 09 7:57 PM
I think the length of the game really depends on how quickly you play. I am well into chapter 10 at the end of the trial, so even though I enjoyed it, it hardly seems worth it to buy for less than another hour. Too bad, it was lots of fun.

Go to: