RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Ridiculous

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Apr 9, 16 11:31 AM
I was starting to like this game until I got to the pumpkin mini-game.
I am disabled, with grip issues, and random spasms and jerks as a side effect from my medication.
This puzzle infuriated me, it was so precise it was ridiculous.
I will not be buying this one.

janey1806
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Ridiculous

[Post New]by janey1806 on Apr 9, 16 12:28 PM
I feel for you. My husband is also disabled and finds keeping his hand on the mouse for a longer time really difficult. Dont know why they do these puzzles, does anyone like them?

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Apr 9, 16 12:32 PM
no, I too have a problem with shakey hands and hate these types of puzzles.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Apr 9, 16 1:19 PM
I didn't like it much either, and eventually skipped it.

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Apr 9, 16 1:38 PM
Add me to the list of people who hate those puzzles!

I can't do any manual dexterity or timed puzzles and I think if a game has any of these it would be nice if someone like you listed it like this in the forum so I won't buy it. It's very frustrating to buy something and then find out I can't do it and have to skip the puzzle.

So thank you for bringing this up in the forum! I definitely won't be buying this!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Apr 9, 16 1:40 PM
Thanks be I don't have shaky hands and am not in any way disabled other than being very short on patience and I HATE these puzzles or puzzles of any type. Personally they only detract from the progression of the game. Did I mention the short temper too? LOL

gnewburn
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by gnewburn on Apr 9, 16 4:20 PM
that's why you wait & skip it

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Apr 10, 16 9:31 AM
Gnewburn I did skip the mini-game, but I am reminded every day how useless I am, so going and playing a game is a break from that, so I do not need reminding there as well.

Hopefully the developers see this and realise that people do not like the puzzle and they are cutting off a lot of potential players.

Hippyfishie is right, we should support each other and mention in the forum if there are issues with a game.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 10, 16 10:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that the Moderation Team has passed along the feedback presented in this thread to the appropriate teams. We do apologize for any frustration and inconvenience that the mini puzzles may have caused. Players can indeed skip certain content in this game as suggested. We definitely want players to enjoy our games and we will pass along all feedback regarding them. You are welcome to also reach out to our Customer Support Team with your concerns as the support team also has the tools to ensure that feedback is passed along to the teams. Thank you for taking the time to post.

bfgBellerophon

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Apr 10, 16 2:31 PM
I hate to be defeated by any game/puzzle so I redid the pumpkin carving over & over & over until I finally got it-And guess what??? The other side has to be done, too!!! At that point, I hit the skip button-As another fishie said, this had to be so precise, it took all the fun out of playing-Come on, Devs, this is a game, not neurosurgery

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Apr 10, 16 6:39 PM
Thankfully, I don't suffer from a physical disability like some of the other posters. However, I too found the pumpkin game to be annoying. First of all, it really takes no imagination to design a game like that. Second, to be frank, it is a silly puzzle anyway.

If the developers choose to include a puzzle like that, I suggest also including an alternative puzzle. Players should not have to skip (unless they choose to) and miss out on the game play. We should be able to play something else, even (for me, the dreaded) match 3.

just adding my 2 cents.

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Apr 13, 16 2:07 PM
I also have problems with my hands, gripping something for long time. I get thru but it usually takes several tries.

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Apr 13, 16 2:39 PM
I find that one of the biggest problems with this type of puzzle is that keeping the left hand button of the mouse depressed causes drag problems on my mouse mat - however, since I'm playing the games on a laptop, I've realised that I can use the left hand button on the laptop keypad with my left hand, and move the mouse with my right hand (basically as normal) which makes it a whole lot easier.

Having said that, I still found that pumpkin puzzle utterly pointless - yeah, OK I've just cut some bits of skin off a pumpkin, but I don't recall having to remove the bits inside the pumpkin so that it could be used in the way the Devs intended.

Go to: