Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Clear It here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 11, 16 3:09 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/11/2016 at 7:27:13 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Clear It here.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Apr 11, 16 4:30 AM
Oh dear! What a terrible game! The graphics and music and game-play are mid-90s standard.
There is no score, you just complete a level by firing yellow and red marbles to clear the marbles. That's it.
You can get better for free on the internet.
No thanks.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for ClearIt here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 11, 16 7:27 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on ClearIt here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on ClearIt.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 11, 16 8:20 AM
I've only played a few levels of the demo so far. Yes, it is a very simplistic game interface: no fancy graphics, soundtrack varies strangely from Yanni-ish new age/ambient to sudden fast paced rock guitar stuff, no scoring, no timer, no high score table or trophy cases. Reminds me a lot of Stones of Rome, except quite a bit easier since you only have to get 2 of a kind for a match and you can fire marbles all the way across the board. Unlike Stones of Rome, there are no cascades to help you out, and the pieces don't slide when adjacent marbles are cleared. You have to clear everything placed in the board, including whatever you've fired onto the playing field. Strategy comes in later when barriers and powerups begin to appear.

No instructions on how to play or what the powerups do. You have to figure it out for yourself. I might pick this one up at the next sale, but it's not worth full price IMO. Might be all right for a zen puzzle game.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Apr 11, 16 8:58 AM
Clear It is a unique game and I'm not sure what type of game to call it. If you send in a yellow tile for example then any yellow tile it lands against will be cleared. It can be a single or up to 3 yellow tiles. The whole idea is to clear all the tiles off the board. Each level starts with a different configuration and a different number of tiles and different colours.

You do this by clicking on a tile on the side of the board and that sends it into the screen. It will stick if there is already a tile there of a different colour else it will go to the other side of the board where you will then have to clear it.

The problem is that if you need a green tile you might not get one until 3 tiles later so you're constantly filling up the board with tiles and then having to clear it away. I found this process to be tedious and boring - but that is going to be personal taste.

For me the deal-breaker came when you had a level with bricks and to pass the level you had to explode a bomb near the bricks to remove them. This required you to mindlessly send tiles into the board until a bomb appeared which was not exactly thrilling stuff.

This game would've had potential if there was a puzzle that you could work out that would allow you to solve it in a set amount of moves or at least some sort of goal to work towards other than just clearing the board.

I would recommend if you have the flue and you're in bed and you want something to do that isn't going to tax your brain much, then this will be the game to play!

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Apr 11, 16 10:43 AM
I really liked that there aren't a set amount of moves. I like the game. Not sure if I like it enough to buy it, but I did play for the whole hour. Some games keep getting harder and harder on each level to the point that you just can't solve it anymore. This game didn't do that. It was a nice game.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Apr 12, 16 9:16 PM
I love this game. It makes you think a lot. Good for the old brain. I've finished 6 levels and so proud of myself to have figured it out. I would recommend it for anyone confined or likes to figure out puzzles to give the brain a work out. Can't wait for the next level. It's addicting! Best game ever! Now up to 36 levels. Now up to 63. Play it every day! Finally finished it! probably will change player name and play it again!

Edited on 05/11/2016 at 5:23:55 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 15, 16 11:45 AM
I bought it during the last sale. Still maintain it's not worth full price, but if you want a puzzle game that won't strain your brain too much it's all right at a sale price or if you have a game credit. Currently at level 112 of 150. It never really gets hard since you only have to line up 2 of the same color for them to clear and there aren't ever more than 4 colors at least from what I've seen so far. I can't play for more than about 20 levels at a time because, well, it gets a little too "relaxing" to play longer than that LOL. For such a simple game, it is strangely addictive in its own way though.

If you like this game's concept but want a real challenge, play Stones of Rome.

Edited on 04/15/2016 at 11:46:37 AM PST

ADW64
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ADW64 on Apr 28, 16 8:38 PM
I can understand some of the other comments: no scoring, nothing but counting the levels you've done. I find this rather strange given that any game you really want to play should have something to say how well you are doing other than the level achieved. One user who tried it said that it was just filling up spaces until the right jewel came along to clear stuff, but there is more to it than that. There are different strategies for removing difficult jewels, and I've always been able to clear the board, eventually. I've completed all 150 levels, and I'm at the age now where I don't want too much challenge, so I like the game. But I really am rather pipped that there is no scoring. At the moment, I'd settle for being able to clear the level sheet and start again. Does anyone know how to set the level count back to 0?

Someone commented about the music - yes it's a bit strange, particularly the way it jumps from one style to the other almost randomly, cutting off the 'old' style mid stream. This would imply that the programmers didn't put a lot of effort into the game details. However, one thing that really bothers me is that there is a discordant chord in the softer music. It's taken me all 150 levels to get used to it! It grated me every time I heard it (up to level 150). I do enjoy the game, I just wish they'd put a bit more polish into it.

Can anyone tell me how I can reset the level count back to 0?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 29, 16 12:15 PM
ADW64 wrote:Can anyone tell me how I can reset the level count back to 0?

You can either create a new player in the main menu, or when you go to play the game select level 1 from the screen where it shows the 150 levels.

Go to: