philtrill
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Hints aren't working, and they froze the game

[Post New]by philtrill on Dec 29, 09 11:19 PM
Something is going wrong with the hints. I skipped the book puzzle and got the cassette, and then I had to get the pieces of the smart card so that I could go to the laundry room. I had two pieces of the card and I needed to combine them with a third item. I wasn't sure what else I needed, so I clicked on the hint button and nothing happened. The bone was filled up completely, and when I clicked on it, it was empty. The dog never showed up, and for some reason, I couldn't find him anywhere. I thought that if I would find three more dog bones and try the hint button again that I would get somewhere. Nothing happened. When I got the three bones, the big bone was filling up with white instead of brown. I didn't know what to do about the smart card, so I looked at the blog walkthrough and figured out what I needed to do. After I did that, the big bone was brown again. I did a few more objectives until I got stuck again. I had to find a knob to get into the staff break room. I clicked on the bone, and then the screen moved to focus on the dog, who was supposed to run to the object. The dog wasn't there, and now I can't do anything. I can still click on the buttons at the top of the screen, i.e. evidence, objectives and combine, but I can't move the guy and girl anymore. What should I do? I don't want to start all over again.

Re:Hints aren't working, and they froze the game

[Post New]by playshifter on Dec 30, 09 3:21 AM
Philtrill, try to exit to menu, and enter to game again. Maybe it will fix the problem you have

philtrill
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by philtrill on Dec 30, 09 8:30 AM
I tried that, but that didn't solve the problem.

[Post New]by jennchelle235 on Dec 30, 09 1:09 PM
For the smart card you need both pieces and the sticker. I hope that helps.

philtrill
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by philtrill on Dec 30, 09 6:18 PM
Thanks jennchelle235, but I've already done that part thanks to the blog walkthrough.

jachern
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by jachern on Dec 30, 09 7:22 PM
This happened to me too. I was just getting ready to go into the laundry room and hit the hints button, then the game froze up. I cannot move my people anymore. I am playing on 64 bit Window's Vista laptop. I will write customer service. I tried exiting the game and reentering and I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I am still frozen.

Edited on 12/30/2009 at 7:23:04 PM PST

[Post New]by nicnack_10 on Dec 31, 09 3:29 PM
Mine froze up as well! Wasted too many minutes trying to figure it out! Very frustrating, I was having quite a bit of fun with the game....too many bugs for it to be released I think.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Dec 31, 09 4:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains. Most technical problems with our games can be resolved through our Help pages. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

I hope this helps!

bfgErie

[Post New]by MorgaineMichele on Jan 1, 10 12:38 PM
This is happening to me as well. I am sure my drivers and graphics are updated, and I tried uninstall/reinstall. Game is still locked. Happened right after I clicked Hint too. Although this is the 3rd time I've used a hint and haven't had any trouble before.

Go to: