Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,382 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Silver Tale here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 12, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/12/2016 at 6:45:53 AM PST

kkreisman
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Silver Tale here.

[Post New]by kkreisman on Apr 12, 16 1:34 AM
Game froze on opening cutscene. Not good...and will not be buying it because of that. Windows XP. Up to date drivers, etc. Too bad. From looks of cutscene, I might have enjoyed it.

katiek

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Bar80 on Apr 12, 16 2:19 AM
kkreisman wrote:Game froze on opening cutscene. Not good...and will not be buying it because of that. Windows XP. Up to date drivers, etc. Too bad. From looks of cutscene, I might have enjoyed it.

katiek

Thank you - I thought it was just me! I'm having same problem. I've got Windows 8 and everything up to date. I can't get past the scene with the people all surrounding the king(?). Totally, agree not worth buying if it's causing this much aggravation and game hasn't even started. Kind of frustrating because the game looked like fun.

cabanaeast18
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Apr 12, 16 5:20 AM
Same here. Opening scene-Error-access violation @ 0X0095E95D. I would have bought because I liked opening graphics, the story and what I need to buy-building and improvements. Too bad! Windows XP.

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 12, 16 6:44 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 12, 16 7:16 AM
Windows XP isn't being supported by Microsoft any longer and I don't think many newer games will run on it either. Time to buy a new computer???

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 12, 16 7:30 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that some players are experiencing issues with this particular game.

Thank you kkreisman and Bar80 for ensuring that your drivers are up to date. The following help article is also known to help resolve freezing issues that players may be experiencing:

Run Game as Administrator

cabanaeast18,
with the access violation error message you are seeing, please refer to the Access Violation help article as it contains great troubleshooting steps specific to this message.

Please keep in mind that while certain companies do not support certain operating systems like Windows XP as SynthpopAddict mentioned, the Customer Support Team will continue to offer their services for players that experience issues. For this particular game, it is supported on Windows XP and we encourage players that have issues to reach out to the support team.

If after trying the troubleshooting steps in the above help articles don't seem to resolve these issues, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to further assist and help get the game up and running as it should.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

CAVEGRL
Salmon
Salmon
2,720 Posts

[Post New]by CAVEGRL on Apr 12, 16 8:00 AM
kkreisman wrote:Game froze on opening cutscene. Not good...and will not be buying it because of that. Windows XP. Up to date drivers, etc. Too bad. From looks of cutscene, I might have enjoyed it.

katiek

DITTO! It completely hi-jacked my computer! Running WIN 10.

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 12, 16 8:41 AM
Hi CAVEGRL,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing freezing issues on your Windows 10 computer. It may be helpful to look at the following help article as it contains steps that may help to resolve this issue on your system. Please pay particular attention to the 'What if my games crash, freeze, or won't play?' section.

Windows 10

If you find that the issue still persists, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always willing to help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 12, 16 11:32 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Windows XP isn't being supported by Microsoft any longer and I don't think many newer games will run on it either.

I have Windows XP and the game runs just fine, as do all of the other games on this site.

Windows 10 seems to have the most issues with game support, not XP.

[Post New]by kitharris11 on Apr 12, 16 9:53 PM
Oddly enough, on level 10, I noticed at the top of the screen I was playing as "Arthur" a character that was not my creation, but a stock character listed at the beginning. Can't get back to my original created personnae. Don't think this has anything to do with my operating system. But I am working on a Windows 10 software system.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Apr 12, 16 10:08 PM
Running Vista, after I finish a level to get back to the map, get a completely black screen, can still hear the music but can't Ctrl Alt Del to get out or Alt Tab to try to start Task Manager to end the game, only thing left to do is remove the power completely. This only started after I bought the game, the demo ran ok.

moondances
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Apr 13, 16 12:29 AM
i played first two levels just fine, then third level froze-Had to CAD to get out-Very disappointing

Game is freezing

[Post New]by PandaBlueBaby on Apr 13, 16 12:54 AM
When I am on the MAP and click on the symbol above the gazebo the game just freezes. The music continues to play but everything else stops. Have to go to task manager. Then it says: Big Fish running...Silver Tale not responding. Why does this happen? and how is it fixed. Why just this spot? Windows 7. So far in the demo everything else is working but that. Anyone else have this? I went back and ran as admin.. and the screen would go black, music would play then after a few seconds the game would pop up and play. I did not go back to try to address what I originally posted as I was running out of time. It is very frustrating to me to start a game and have it not work properly. I don't want to be bothered to troubleshoot. I want it to just play. Just like anything else I buy I just want it to work.

Edited on 04/13/2016 at 1:41:42 AM PST

[Post New]by kerreville on Apr 13, 16 11:46 AM
Game wont let me finish level 13, it gets stuck on the last board. I bought this game after the trial period, so am not very happy. Windows 8, everything up to date, help.

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 13, 16 1:59 PM
kerreville wrote:Game wont let me finish level 13, it gets stuck on the last board.

Welcome to the pond!

If you have an exclamation point next to the bridge that's out, that happened to me after I got done with level 13 also...you have to go back and replay the previous levels until you find the HOs that you're missing to finish the quest for building the bridge. This can happen even if you three starred and earned all the badges on every level prior. Seems to be an oversight in the game design. The objects are hiding underneath covered tiles somewhere in the game but there's no telling exactly where.

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 13, 16 2:01 PM
kitharris11 wrote:Oddly enough, on level 10, I noticed at the top of the screen I was playing as "Arthur" a character that was not my creation, but a stock character listed at the beginning.

The game has a built-in leaderboard for every level. I wasn't paying that much attention to it during the levels but that's probably the ranking display changing as you go up the leaderboard.

[Post New]by pjones0066 on Apr 13, 16 2:27 PM
I saw one other person with this issue on level 3. I collected the pick-axe but when I click the upper right on the lock it has a button a couple of inches down and to the left that says USE, but when I move the mouse to click on the USE button the box disappears so I can't ever use it. I tried the level numerous times to no avail. Definitely won't be purchasing this game.

Edited on 04/13/2016 at 2:27:44 PM PST

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Apr 13, 16 7:26 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:
kerreville wrote:Game wont let me finish level 13, it gets stuck on the last board.

Welcome to the pond!

If you have an exclamation point next to the bridge that's out, that happened to me after I got done with level 13 also...you have to go back and replay the previous levels until you find the HOs that you're missing to finish the quest for building the bridge. This can happen even if you three starred and earned all the badges on every level prior. Seems to be an oversight in the game design. The objects are hiding underneath covered tiles somewhere in the game but there's no telling exactly where.

Having the same problem. Have played all the levels again and am still can't get past it. Any ideas?

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,647 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Apr 14, 16 4:29 AM
Game froze on opening scene. Operating on Windows 10 and my computer has just had all its updates.
Shame cause it "looked" like a nice game.

Go to: