Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Silver Tale here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 12, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/12/2016 at 6:44:56 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Silver Tale here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 12, 16 6:45 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Silver Tale here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Silver Tale.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 12, 16 9:05 PM
I played the previous game Runefall, and I liked some of the new improvements, but my big complaint is they've taken a step backwards by going from widescreen to the old square screen display that nobody uses... at least here in the USA. And if you deselect the aspect ratio in the options, you will be left with a horrid stretched effect. Runefall had a beautiful panoramic widescreen. Why did the developers take such a giant leap backwards?

Edited on 04/12/2016 at 9:09:58 PM PST

[Post New]by Snowdragon_23 on Apr 13, 16 5:35 AM
Love it. Easily a buy for me.

Edit: You *can* save a level and continue it later. I'm sitting here playing Silver Tale and saving a level to come back later is working fine. Not trying to contradict anyone just saying that it's working for me.
There is a relaxed mode that adds a lot of moves to your countdown and lots of powerups that just add extra moves. Having said, if limited moves is a deal breaker for you then it may or may not be a problem. You can also play in normal mode and switch over to relaxed (more moves) mode at any time.
For me, it's like the devs read all my reviews and fixed everything I didn't like about their past games. Combining powerups, great little mini-games, and a sense of story and conquests without really having to stop and read the dialog if you just want to play.
Good stuff. Thanks for the game and for putting it on sale today.
Sorry for the weird edit- I should have just written a proper review the first time. Hahaha. Good hunting.

Edited on 04/13/2016 at 1:33:07 PM PST

vannojo
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Good Game, But.....

[Post New]by vannojo on Apr 13, 16 6:31 AM
I like this game. My one reservation is that number of moves limitation. I'm sure that I am in the minority on this, but I would have preferred that unlimited moves be an option for those times that you just occasionally wanted to play in a very relaxing mood..

My only criticism of Runefall was that you could not save the game and come back later. That appears to not be the case with Silver Tale.

I highly recommend this game.

Edited on 04/14/2016 at 12:57:30 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 15, 16 11:29 AM
I've gotten to level 67 as of this post, like the game so far for the most part. Funny characters you meet during your adventures, quests to complete, interesting puzzles to solve every so often. The developer has included a mid-level save function and made this game less overwhelming overall to play, however, it still suffers a bit from the we-found-everything-there-ever-was-in-a-M3-and-crammed-it-all-in-here syndrome that its predecessor had in a major way. The levels are smaller than in Runefall, but after a while it still takes quite some time to get through them. Good thing the game isn't timed... I also can't figure out why they included some content in here like having to maintain the horse, sequences, and level leaderboards - seems like overkill IMO. Based on the amount of clouds left in my game map I would guess there are around 150 levels total to play, so it's a very long playing game and you'll definitely get your money's worth.

You have to be doing everything there is in the levels if you really want to make progress or if you just like earning all the awards for a level. The problem is that if you're trying to do this in normal mode it eventually becomes an exercise in frustration. The "normal" mode should have been what they call "relaxed" and the "relaxed" mode should have been a plain relaxed mode with no moves counter at all. Game runs fine on my Win 7 computer but I've seen quite a few posts elsewhere reporting various tech issues, so would definitely recommend demoing first.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Apr 18, 16 11:43 AM
I like this game overall as well.

My single biggest grip is NO Level map, that shows which sections/boards are completed and which are not.

As for the horse, I am going to take the 5th.

verimeri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by verimeri on Apr 19, 16 11:23 PM
I love this game. There is so much to it. Maybe one of the best match three games I have ever played. It's not easy when you get to the higher levels; I am currently on 133 but it is never impossible. There is a lot of help here in the forums on how to solve the puzzle levels if you get stuck.
Thanks to the creators of this game for providing many hours od fun time.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Apr 20, 16 9:27 AM
This is based on a completed game. I have just finished 200 utterly enchanting levels of this completely delightful game! The devs deserve high praise for a positively amazing endeavor. This should certainly be in contention for a Best Game award this year.

As others have noted, the story line is very well thought out and presented (with a definite "teaser" for a sequel ). The voice acting is superb, the music is not repetitive and is simply wonderful. The graphics are, well, gorgeous! This game has so many facets that no matter how many times someone replays it, it will be a completely unique experience. No two players will have the exact same experience. It does take a bit of adjustment to all the strategies that must be employed to keep everything in balance. Do not despair! This is not designed to be a stressful, frustrating game. The first thirty or so levels are challenging because you will be juggling keeping your helpful and wonderful "companion"/transport healthy and well-fed while forging ahead to meet all the characters, complete their quests and travel from the depths of the earth to the summit of mountaintops.. Once you accept the fact that you will find things that you need accumulating as you continue to play, relaxation and enjoyment never abandon you. Do not feel defeated if you need to replay a level now and then to gather more materials to complete quests and have objects forged. There are "puzzle" levels that you have the option to skip (I skipped several) with only the most minor of "penalties". You have a friendly blacksmith who crafts useful objects for you as you gather the necessary materials You have a slot machine that gives you a free spin each day when you log in (open the game). The items you win on the slot machine come in very handy and even the "Consolation Prizes" for not having three matching symbols are very good.

Always remember to feed your horse when you return after closing the game. Once you begin accumulating shields, don't forget to have Killian, the blacksmith, craft the items to groom your faithful companion and keep him/her shod and well "attired".

I played in Casual difficulty mode and am very happy that I did. From other comments, I think those who select a more restrictive option for difficulty are more likely to have a great deal of frustration, especially in those earlier stages.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 25, 16 1:42 PM
This was one of the games on my wish list ...got it today...bless my gaming angel!

What can I say, being a M3 fan, this is a WOW gem for sure, so much going on, I just hope my memory issues will allow me to enjoy it and it won't get to complicated, for me .
I'm not one to give up, so will do my best, and thanks to, Thistle809, who did an awesome job, with their review, I now know that I can skip the puzzle, which was a deciding factor, in my purchase...THANK YOU Thistle809 .
Thanks to the developers also, for providing this option , not a big fan of puzzles in M3's, just personal preference though .

With so much to do, this will provide many hours of addicting FUN, and not a chance of getting bored, once I get into the groove... it will be a blast !!
LOVED Runefall, so I am hoping to love this also, just played the demo, and like what I experienced, not to sure about the horse, even though I love them, this one might be a pain in my _ss...will see lol.
BUT...I can always come to the forums if I need help, and that is AWESOME SAUCE .

Off to neverland

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Apr 26, 16 6:51 PM
Didn't like it. I was clueless how to win.

addiegag
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by addiegag on May 3, 16 12:31 PM
Love the game, but I'm stuck on Level 72. I've cleared the screen but the game is still looking for a red square. Don't have one on the screen anywhere.

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on May 10, 16 7:31 AM
I've completed the game and thoroughly enjoyed playing it ...

The one drawback is the horse ... Everything STILL continues to be depleted even though I have essentially finished the game except for the Slots which I did finally manage to hit three '7s'-in-a-row ...

It seems to me there should be some signal that a player has completed the game unless it is also tied to the Slots which isn't done yet ... I still have to return six more times ... Oh well, that's life in the world of online games! LOL

Edited on 05/10/2016 at 7:32:00 AM PST

Rhowennah
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Rhowennah on May 14, 16 11:48 AM
Wow...! What an adventure that was.... Habit forming no matter if you play just a little each day or for long periods at a time.. (I played it both ways like that...) I have started a new character and love the simple fact of trying to beat my own best scores... Love every thing about this game and cannot wait for the next installment... Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful... The only question I have is what does it mean when your curser 'glows'... I though it meant that your didn't loose any moves as long as it was glowing but that did not seem to be the case... Anyway, back to the game... chilly Saturday afternoon and good time to do nothing....

[Post New]by crimsoncrab on Jul 18, 16 12:18 PM
Not a fan. Regret purchasing it. If I'd known it was a free-to-play game (prior) I would have bypassed it.

Casual does NOT equal limited moves.

Level 28 and I need another whetstone despite the fact that I have all three stars (where relevant) and all gold ribbons. So I have to play EVERY one again until the whetstone shows up? BORING!

Hey Big Fish may I have my money back to purchase something more fun?~!

_Les
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by _Les on Sep 26, 16 1:52 PM
Silver Tale is now my favorite M3 game (and one of my all time favorites). I just finished level 38 in relaxed mode (some times not so relaxed since there are a fixed number of moves). I have the gold ribbon for all the levels but this one. Oddly, the game just said I was finished before I got all the grass, etc. None of the other levels forced a finish. I have the extra moves boot, so that is not the problem. What am I missing?

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Nov 3, 16 1:39 AM
I am enjoying the game except the blacksmith keeps telling me I need a shield Where can I find one?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Silver Tale here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 6, 17 4:54 AM
I am now very sorry I bought this game. The Relaxed Mode that let me cruise happily along at the beginning is now too tight for me to succeed, and therefore I'm dropping out.

Go to: