INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Level 3 Pickaxe

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Apr 12, 16 12:07 PM
I don't understand this level at all. I cleared the entire board, reached three stars, but never found a pickaxe, which is what I apparently need to finish the level and move on. Have replayed twice with the same results. What am I missing?

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Level 3 Pickaxe

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Apr 12, 16 3:29 PM
That one tripped me up too. You get the pick axe early in the board. All you have to do is select it in the upper right hand corner. It then breaks the rocks to get you to another board. The rest of the levels are the same. Some with bridges or other things.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Apr 12, 16 4:55 PM
Pickaxes, grappling hooks, wooden planks for bridges, and other items are often hidden under grass or dirt tiles. A pop-up appears, telling you what's been found. Keep an eye on those areas so that you can see what gets picked up. Some items will go into the inventory bag and others will sit at the top right hand corner.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Apr 12, 16 7:26 PM
Thanks for the replies! I did see a pop-up message which made me think I'd received the pickaxe, but I've never been able to make it work. I click on the locked area and get a text box that says "You have to use the pickaxe," but I've tried clicking on that box, the pickaxe itself and on the lock, and nothing has worked! I've been playing games for years and years and am well aware of this type of situation to move on in the game, but I just can't get this to work. Do you have to use the pickaxe immediately when you see the message or else lose it? That doesn't seem sensible. Maybe I should reinstall, but I only have a few minutes left on the trial, so I will probably just uninstall. Thanks again, fellow Fishies!

UPDATE: Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still won't let me click on the axe itself. If I click on the lock or the rocks I get the popup that says "Needs pickaxe" and gives me a "Use" button. But the instant I move my cursor to try to access that button the whole popup disappears. Forget it--don't need that frustration!

Edited on 04/12/2016 at 7:52:40 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 13, 16 8:15 AM
When I found the tools needed for a blue locked area, it would go to the upper right corner and then going to the blue lock thing gives you a popup with a "Use" box for the tool you've found. Clicking the "Use" button gets you past the lock.

[Post New]by pjones0066 on Apr 13, 16 2:21 PM
I have the same problem. I collected the pick-axe but when I click the upper right on the lock it has a button that says USE but when I go to click on the USE button the box disappears so I can't ever use it. I tried the level numerous times to no avail. Definitely won't be purchasing this game.

UPDATE: If I uncheck the box for full screen so its now in windowed mode I can click on the use button.

Edited on 04/13/2016 at 2:33:06 PM PST

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Apr 13, 16 6:07 PM
pjones0066 wrote:I have the same problem. I collected the pick-axe but when I click the upper right on the lock it has a button that says USE but when I go to click on the USE button the box disappears so I can't ever use it. I tried the level numerous times to no avail. Definitely won't be purchasing this game.

UPDATE: If I uncheck the box for full screen so its now in windowed mode I can click on the use button.

Thanks for that post. Sorry you had the same problem, but at least I know I wasn't crazy! I had a few minutes left on the trial, so went back and tried your fix. It worked! When in windowed mode (which I never use normally) I was able to click on the "Use" button and advance in the game. Sounds like a glitch to me.

Go to: