eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

The PC update is here!

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 13, 16 12:54 PM
Wonders never cease! About an hour ago I opened Game Manager and the game went into update mode automatically. So far I have noticed the following changes:
- There are 4 new cities (LA, Seoul, Havana, Rio), bringing the PC total to only 15, versus 30 for the mobile. While it's better than nothing, it's still unsatisfactory given the undue delays involved. And the mods had said that the responsible team is working hard to bring the PC at par with the mobile platforms. Still a very long way to go...
- Paris 95 has been fixed! I haven't tried NOLA 16 yet.
- I can't tell if the dreadful termination error that has plagued so many PC users has been fixed or not. I would appreciate a specific reply regarding this important problem by the mods. Also, anyone who updates and then encounters the bug should report it asap.
- The passport /voucher feature has been included as well as the new navigation system. Still no social features though.

Edited on 04/13/2016 at 2:53:28 PM PST

Pdominian
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:The PC update is here!

[Post New]by Pdominian on Apr 13, 16 2:20 PM
Hooray! A good news for PC players! (At least the "best levels to replay list" can be updated since most of the contributors are from them, I think? And thank you to mobile players as well!)

I think a new city will be added regularly, just like the mobile platform. I hope it won't take one and a half month for a new city to be released lol. I wish in the future that we can sync our progress in the game..

Meanwhile, for PC players out there, continue your journey in LA!

Edited on 04/13/2016 at 2:20:58 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 13, 16 3:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the posts about the new PC update. We definitely want to make sure people are enjoying the new content, and the Moderation Team absolutely appreciates the feedback we're receiving on it. I did also want to provide a couple points of clarification on the new content.

This latest update includes 3 great new cities to explore, as well as information on the next city that will be added for PC players. While we don't receive any information when additional content will be made available in the game, we'll make sure to post in the forums when those details are released, and we'll make sure to pass along these comments so that the right teams are aware.

I understand there's some question about termination errors that some players have been experiencing. Our teams absolutely don't want anyone to encounter issues or problems in the game, and they worked to include general improvements in this update. If anyone continues to see a problem, we highly recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can then gather data on and report the problem to the appropriate team, as well as provide in-depth, customized troubleshooting steps.

If anyone has any questions on the new content, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. I hope everyone enjoys the new update!

bfgPanthalassa

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 13, 16 7:58 PM
Well if there are only 3 new cities then so much the worse. But my game shows LA (which is now open) plus Seoul, Havana and Rio, all of which are locked but I"m supposed to be able to unlock them either temporarily or permanently with those vouchers. And then there is a 5th city advertised as "coming soon". So it appears that 4 cities are presently available, not 3.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Apr 14, 16 1:19 AM
Wow, finally! I was taking it slow in Shanghai, while I knew that was the end of content.
Now I have something to look forward to!

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Apr 14, 16 6:57 AM
GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! ... The game I am playing here (PC-Win7) has now an error message and I am locked out (looks like a similar error as the one so many have been complaining about ... talk about an update...). Good that I can still play the old version (but for how long?).

I can't wait to get home to see whether that one (PC-Win8.1) is running fine after the update or not. Cross fingers as I am much more advanced there and would hate to be unable to play...

To be continued...

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 14, 16 8:11 AM
Hi Theo, read pages 6-8 of the technical thread if you have not done so already to see if it's the same error. Now, how come you can still play the old version? This is not possible once you update, unless you had two games on that PC. And in my case, this time I wasn't even notified of the update, it just did it automatically, so I didn't have a choice.

Anyway, I also have win 7 on my laptop. I had two games under two user names. Months ago, the more advanced one got that termination error bug, and I have been unable to play it ever since. The second game was ok for a long while, until it was also hit by the bug. Note that I had tried the uninstalling/ reinstalling routine to no avail. So I stopped playing. Weeks later, I tried reinstalling again and lo and behold my second game was back and has been ok since. But the first one still gave me the error message and wouldn't let me enter. Until this update.

I just remembered to check that old game and instead of the ole message it loaded the game, said "you profile has been corrupted, please create new profile" and it took me to the beginning. So they have indeed done something about the error but what exactly it is I don't know. The mods apparently don't know either and direct us to customer support instead of giving a specific answer. In the meantime, I see a few posts stating that since the update they can't play but most don't say what exactly the problem is or even if they are or PC or mobile. I hope this is clarified in some way or another. Because it is now perplexing. In my case, it appears that the bug may have been fixed but the old game was lost. In your case, it seems you got the same bug, but only after the update. What's going on?

Fingers crossed for your second game and try the uninstall reinstall on the other one from time to time.

Edited on 04/14/2016 at 8:13:13 AM PST

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Apr 14, 16 9:45 AM
Glad to see the update finally! Still feeling my way around with all the new stuff on the cities we had. One new glitch is in San Francisco, it says under goals complete architect and master levels up to 156,however mine only goes to level 120. Anyone else have this?

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Apr 15, 16 12:48 AM
'lo eli!

It's a long (and quite uninteresting) story about moving files here and there and copying, etc. Yesterday, I opened my Game Manager (doesn't happen often) and found the update on GD. That's when I realised that I was actually playing on a copied file located somewhere else on my computer. So the update did not overwrite that file, which is the best thing that ever happened to me re updates!! ;-) That's why the updated version got me locked out of the game (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!) but I can still play my old version. Having played since it was available on PC (July last year?) and around level 50 in SF, I don't think I'll need an update before I retire in 15 years!! ;-) and by then maybe a new update will take place and correct this mess (and hopefully my progress will be there). I'll try and think about copying the roaming file to another location from time to time, just in case.

About your lost progress on the game you could replay after the update: did you have a copied roaming file somewhere? If you did, have you tried to copy that file on the new one to see if you could recover your progress? (or get locked again!! Haha...). Not sure whether this would work.

The update on my main game at home worked fine (not sure I like the new globe and the voucher thingy on my already not too generous wheel but I'll get used to these I am sure! And haven't noticed any envelope). Phew!!!

Floripa80
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Floripa80 on Apr 15, 16 6:05 AM
@dk413, that´s not a glitch. The passport also counts the side levels that lead you to the cards. San Francisco has 120 normal levels and 36 side levels.

Edited on 04/15/2016 at 6:07:41 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 15, 16 12:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the posts here. Thank you eli173 for taking the time to provide us with specifics about the 4th city you're seeing available. The Moderation Team has passed along this information so that the right team can look into it.

Theorem, I'm sorry to hear about the technical issues you're seeing with the game! Our teams definitely want people to be able to enjoy the game without seeing problems or glitches, and we completely understand the frustration that these sorts of things can cause.

It sounds like you've been playing the game on a copied file on your computer, which isn't updating, but that the update locked you out of your other games. Unfortunately, we don't have the tools in the forums to look into technical issues like these. However, if you reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report, one of our Reps will be more than happy to help. They have the tools to gather data on and report problems, and can provide in-depth troubleshooting steps.

I also wanted to address trying to recover the save progress for games. We don't recommend trying to restore saves by copying over files or adjusting them that way, as this could cause additional loss of progress. Instead, we strongly encourage contacting our Support Team, as they can provide customized help specific to your computer's configuration.

If people are noticing any further tech problems or glitches with the PC game, I'd also like to ask that those instead be posted to the thread I've included below. By posting here, the Moderation Team can make sure to track trends and issues, and report them to the appropriate team:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! (PC) here!

I hope this has been able to help. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 04/15/2016 at 12:04:26 PM PST

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Apr 16, 16 3:44 AM
Thanks for the info Floripa80

madelainef
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by madelainef on May 17, 16 2:33 AM
Many thanks for the PC update. I've had no problems with it and it is good to have new levels and the passport.

Go to: