kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

my gripe about the horse...

[Post New]by kore21 on Apr 13, 16 2:22 PM
it's hard to craft other things when you always have to keep the horse's stamina up to get the bonus moves. the horse apparently uses up stamina away from the computer? i re-upped his stamina before bed, & when i turned the game back on today his stamina had dropped again. a complete waste of a royal commendation for crafting, & so not fun...

the bonus moves are good to have, i ran out of moves once & close to it a few other times. the game gets harder as you go along... getting close to level 50.

the game was clearly designed as a "free to play" format, fortunately it is not. but, not much to do with the gold except play the slot. wish i could use the gold for crafting.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:my gripe about the horse...

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 13, 16 2:35 PM
I could have done without the horse too for the same reason. Currently have 2 phoenix feathers so I think I'm going to save resources for the time being to get other stuff and use the feathers for the horse when it gets near to dying.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Apr 14, 16 2:52 AM
fortunately the phoenix feather cures all the stamina too, if it's dying. you can get the phoenix feathers with gold. some of the quests give you feathers too.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 14, 16 6:08 AM
The gold bars get super useful later in the game. I've had to use them a couple times to buy the boots powerup for more moves. Still playing in normal mode and it *does* get considerably harder as you go along...currently somewhere around level 35 and I ran out of moves once, came close a few other times. I got some phoenix feathers from the slot machine as well as quests...definitely have to "do everything" with this game LOL!

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Apr 15, 16 10:09 PM
thanks, i completely spaced out you could spend gold on power-ups. i'm at level 80, i have only used the ones i get randomly awarded, or by filling up the blue bottle. sure has been a challenge... but, the slot game does award a reasonable amount of power-ups. the fire sweep is sure useful for crates

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Apr 16, 16 8:07 PM
Can someone tell me how to use the phoenix feathers? I have 20 and have no clue how to use to revive my horse. They do not go into the inventory at blacksmiths to revive horse or anywhere else that I can find to use them...help and thank you

H8Trkr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

my gripe about the horse...

[Post New]by H8Trkr on Apr 16, 16 8:50 PM
kore21 wrote:it's hard to craft other things when you always have to keep the horse's stamina up to get the bonus moves. the horse apparently uses up stamina away from the computer? i re-upped his stamina before bed, & when i turned the game back on today his stamina had dropped again. a complete waste of a royal commendation for crafting, & so not fun...

I suspect when I leave the game, my horse ( I named him Stimpy) goes out galavanting and wears out his new shoes, reins and saddle. It also would explain why I have to keep brushing his mane!

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Apr 16, 16 10:47 PM
it gets easier as time goes on. later levels have several rooms, so you can collect enough shields to keep the horse in style. get your shield upgrades asap.

H8Trkr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by H8Trkr on Apr 16, 16 10:55 PM
Thanks kore21

I just went and upgraded shields 2X. Didn't even realize that was an option! I've been avoiding going beyond level 50 until I have my resources built up. I NEED to be able to get all 3 stars and Badges for each level. Must...get...all...awards!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 17, 16 7:04 AM
H8Trkr wrote:
I NEED to be able to get all 3 stars and Badges for each level. Must...get...all...awards!

I'm the same way, currently in the 90s but have all the awards. Seems like you can't really "build up resources" to any huge extent no matter what you do because the quests will use them up and if you don't do the quests it won't let you progress after some point. Buying both shield upgrades is the best thing ever...the other things in the blacksmith shop like getting a bigger light radius and the oil can will actually be given to you later from finishing quests if you keep on playing so I'm glad I didn't buy those in the smithy earlier on! Maintaining the horse is no longer a problem once you buy both shield upgrades.

Go to: