New York- Cohoes

[Post New]by medea_argos on Dec 30, 09 5:52 PM
Has anyone else gotten stuck in this level? I would have had an expert, but now am stuck still going at 35 minutes in wave 3 of fire/disease crisis. And there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Am I going to have to just restart the level?

kami1247
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:New York- Cohoes

[Post New]by kami1247 on Dec 31, 09 10:04 AM
i can;t do this level either if i buy a hosp. and fire dept or dont i still go into red timer and it doesnt stop the fires any help would b great

[Post New]by SystemOverlord on Dec 31, 09 10:57 AM
At this point, you should restart. One of the first things you need to do, is build the Hospital and Fire Station and then upgrade them to three-stars as soon as possible.

[Post New]by BallC420 on Dec 31, 09 2:54 PM
This level was tricky for me as well and I had to restart a few times to get expert. Here's how I did it:

When you first start, you'll get a couple houses with disease. Cure those quickly using the money you start with and you should be able to stop it without it spreading to more houses. Once you've got the goal completed for beating the first wave of sickness, let your trucks build up money for awhile as the second wave with the fires won't start until you have repaired both bridges. What I ended up doing was building 3 upgraded fire stations (2 in the residential side of the map, 1 in the middle of the industrial side) and 1 upgraded hospital in the middle of the residential side. You'll also want to go and bulldoze all the trees all around your industry buildings and in the town as much as possible. This will help keep the fires from spreading and makes this map much simpler.

Once you've bulldozed the trees and have your fire stations and hospital built, go ahead and repair the bridges and you don't really have to do anything to beat the 2nd and 3rd waves as your stations will handle it automatically. Then just built some monuments to up your environmental score and you're done.

[Post New]by medea_argos on Dec 31, 09 3:32 PM
Thanks, I found some help on the Virtual City's developers website. Apparently it's not enough to have 1 fire station upgraded to 3 stars. Sovled it finally.

BeakerToo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by BeakerToo on Jan 4, 10 5:32 PM
How long does it take? I don't care much about expert, I just want it to end. I have more than one fire station/hospital and the third wave is not ending at all. I have hundreds of thousands of dollars and the level isn't ending. When will it end?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,582 Posts

Re: New York- Cohoes

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 8, 11 9:53 AM
@BeakerToo: See my first response in the "NY Cohoes" thread at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/96700.page#3392133

Go to: