Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Mud Water Creek Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 14, 16 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 04/14/2016 at 6:43:33 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Mud Water Creek Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 14, 16 6:43 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Mud Water Creek Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by woodentot on Apr 14, 16 7:22 AM
The match 3 games don't work, I have had to skip 2 of them.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 14, 16 8:29 AM
Hello, woodentot,

I am running W7 Home Prem. Ed 64 bit, and I played the entire demo without any problems with the M3s.

You might try uninstalling the game, (running a manual search and deleting all the extraneous files left behind when you uninstall a game through the Game App), then reinstall the demo to see if the problem was with your first d/l or if it might possibly be an incompatibility with your OS or a need for some updates.

Also it would help to know what your OS is, as the OP suggests, in order to see if the problem is with a particular OS or something else.

BK

[Post New]by tigerlily142 on Apr 14, 16 11:19 AM
I'm having the same problem as woodentot. The match 3 games don't work. tried uninstalling it and re installing it but to no avail. Still can't play the three match games.

[Post New]by tigerlily142 on Apr 14, 16 11:22 AM
I also have windows 7 with 64 bit and like I said before cannot play the match 3 mini games.

jamsarnie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Mud Water Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jamsarnie on Apr 14, 16 12:50 PM
I am using windows 10 and I cannot play match 3 neither nothing happens? Would like to buy ..but this has put me off

Edited on 04/14/2016 at 12:52:21 PM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 14, 16 1:21 PM
I thought I had a problem with this match 3 game as the guide said "drag the image over the board", or something similar. I exited the game and came back later and then found I did not need to drag the image, I just needed to connect the same images together.

Dax

jamsarnie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by jamsarnie on Apr 14, 16 1:38 PM
Thanks Dax its not match 3 as we know it .your right you have to join the symbols together to get rid of the numbers in the boxes ...

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Mud Water Creek Collector's Editio

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Apr 14, 16 2:27 PM
When picking a plank to move, this mini-game got stuck and I had to reset this mini-game three times even though I knew where each plank needed to be.

Also had problems with the Match 3 mini-game. Cannot drag tokens.

THESE are the kinds of ANNOYING problems that should be ironed out w/beta testing AND releasing it too early, causes grief for everyone !!!

I am using PC with Windows 10.

I AM *** NOT*** PURCHASING THIS GAME UNTIL THESE KINDS OF TECHNICAL ERRORS ARE FIXED WITH NEW VERSION.

Edited on 04/14/2016 at 2:42:20 PM PST

tc_loki
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tc_loki on Apr 14, 16 2:48 PM
Hi, I'm playing on a laptop with Windows 8.1 and didn't get through 5 mins of game play (still on first hidden object screen) when the game stopped and the game manager came up and told me my trial was expired. That's a first! So def a non purchase for me!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Mud Water Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Apr 14, 16 9:27 PM
woodentot wrote:The match 3 games don't work, I have had to skip 2 of them.

Hi Woodentot,

I'm using Win 10 and played all match 3s with no problems. Just wanted to let you know it worked for me. Good luck ~ maybe a reinstall?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Mud Water Creek Collector's Editi

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Apr 14, 16 9:28 PM
HeavilyAddicted wrote:When picking a plank to move, this mini-game got stuck and I had to reset this mini-game three times even though I knew where each plank needed to be.

Also had problems with the Match 3 mini-game. Cannot drag tokens.

THESE are the kinds of ANNOYING problems that should be ironed out w/beta testing AND releasing it too early, causes grief for everyone !!!

I am using PC with Windows 10.

I AM *** NOT*** PURCHASING THIS GAME UNTIL THESE KINDS OF TECHNICAL ERRORS ARE FIXED WITH NEW VERSION.

Heavily Addicted,

You don't drag the tokens in the Match 3. You just connect them by passing over them with your mouse.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Apr 14, 16 10:45 PM
The first 2 match 3, I had to play them all the way through, the 3rd one, I just connected a couple and it finished on it's own. Windows XP. It did what it was supposed to do and I didn't have to play the whole thing. BONUS

VJSS
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Mud Water Creek Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by VJSS on Apr 15, 16 5:01 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

VJSS
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by VJSS on Apr 15, 16 5:05 AM
After I go through the maze to escape the butcher my inventory, map, hint, etc. disappears. I had to control,alt, del to get out of the game.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Apr 15, 16 8:09 AM
Last chapter, at boulder damn, grabbed chain attached to the two logs, got access violation & lock-up. Had to ctr-alt-del & restart. 2 great things, though:
(1) this was my only glitch & I'm almost finished the game;
(2) yay , there was an auto-saved game thus when I restarted, it took me back to that scene & though I had to replay a couple steps only, all went smoothly & no further issues!

[Win7U, i7-920, nvidia BFG285, 12g RAM]

BTW...excellent cinematics in this game & I love being able to replay them all!

[Post New]by tigerlily142 on Apr 15, 16 9:35 AM
Thanks DAX and leapfrog I finally found out how to play the match 3 games.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 15, 16 4:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the issues people have been seeing in the game. Thank you to all who've taken the time to post tips and information here. It sounds like there may be some confusion surrounding the instructions in one of the Match-3 games. Our teams definitely want people to be able to play the game without encountering these kinds of problems, and I've made sure to pass along these reports so that the appropriate team is aware.

If people are seeing problems with any of the games that seem like technical glitches, or are experiencing other problems, I suggest taking a look at our help articles. The following have some versatile troubleshooting steps that can be useful in a wide range of situations:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If any tech issues are persisting, we recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help, and can provide in-depth troubleshooting steps.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Apr 16, 16 12:26 AM
bfgPanthalassa wrote:Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the issues people have been seeing in the game. Thank you to all who've taken the time to post tips and information here. It sounds like there may be some confusion surrounding the instructions in one of the Match-3 games. Our teams definitely want people to be able to play the game without encountering these kinds of problems, and I've made sure to pass along these reports so that the appropriate team is aware.

If people are seeing problems with any of the games that seem like technical glitches, or are experiencing other problems, I suggest taking a look at our help articles. The following have some versatile troubleshooting steps that can be useful in a wide range of situations:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1748">Run Game as Administrator</a>

If any tech issues are persisting, we recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team <a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help?rn=ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. Our Reps are always happy to help, and can provide in-depth troubleshooting steps.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: