scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

New HO Game - Discovery

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 13, 08 3:01 AM
Sigh..... I'm sure this game will do well and hit the top 10 list, but I am going to pass on this one. After 30 minutes of the demo, I was like.. "Hasn't it been 1 hour yet??" The screen was a mess with HO's, graphics not all that great, reminded me of HO Game Show. I don't know. It just got on my nerves.

Where is HE #3 that's supposed to be out this month?
When will Azada #2 be out?
When will we see MCF #5?

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re: New HO Game - Discovery

[Post New]by Staril on Jun 13, 08 5:35 AM
It got on my nerves too ... lasted about 30 minutes before I deleted it. Which is a shame, it has some nice variations on the classic HO game but there was just too many flashing lights and game show bits in between the actual game parts.

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Jun 13, 08 6:18 AM
Too much flashing and too much like the Hidden Object Show. Have to pass on this one. All those lights really bothered my eyes after I got off the game. Still waiting....

coscat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by coscat on Jun 13, 08 10:21 AM
rentonwa wrote: I liked the mini games.
Too bad that a game that could have been great fails because of all the surrounding stuff that's not necessary.

I agree too. I liked the different mini games and I think the grainy quality to the scenes is deliberate to make it harder to find the objects, which in this game is quite hard. BUT the rest of the game show garbage is for the birds! I also think this one would be quite long (and would certainly seem every minute of it!!!) I think I will buy Tropicabana instead and listen to the great music while zapping mice!

Debala715
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

Re:New HO Game - Discovery

[Post New]by Debala715 on Jun 23, 08 9:38 AM
I never got around to downloading this one, but after hearing what you've had to say about it, I'm going to pass on it.

bakednay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bakednay on Jul 5, 08 9:31 PM
I tried it for about 20 minutes and that was it. Not going to buy. It was too easy also.

[Post New]by princess31320 on Mar 6, 09 11:41 PM
i'm glad it's not just me-the graphics are very obscure,objects as in many games are way to americanised,look nothing like we know then to be also they are called different names. i enjoy HO games but this one is a definite NOT for me. princess 31320

Re:New **** Game - Discovery

[Post New]by wolffiveclaw on Aug 6, 11 2:13 AM
Don't think I'll bother after reading these reviews, thanks to all the fishes who swam round to give their opinion, it sounds like it's not for me even at the DD price.

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:New **** Game - Discovery

[Post New]by merivilan on Aug 6, 11 7:36 AM
Well i tried it and bought it and its fun.
For the dd price it is worth it as it is nice to play competitivly for a change.

Go to: