Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 15, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 04/15/2016 at 8:59:02 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 15, 16 8:58 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River here.

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 16, 16 8:49 AM
No tech problems. Windows XP.

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Apr 19, 16 4:46 AM
I have 69 mins left to play. I can't move back, get into bathroom nor interact with cupid. I am using a PC. I have never had this issue as I have played the previous Fears for Sale games.I have uninstalled and it is the same.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 19, 16 10:53 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread.

dollyflower, I'm glad to hear that you aren't experiencing any issues on your Windows XP computer. Thank you for taking the time to let other players know of this information.

gallaghermaryg, I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble moving through a certain scene of the game. It may be helpful to look at the following help article for troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Please also ensure that the system requirements for the game have been met. This will help ensure that the game has the necessary resources to play. If you find that you are still having issues, you are welcome to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The team is always willing to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

Can't put inventory item down

[Post New]by meekyn on May 14, 16 1:09 PM
I'm playing on Windows 10. In the pop-out scene with the fish, the teacup, teapot, spoon, etc., my game has me holding the flint and I can't put it down. Because of that, I can't even X out of the mini game. It's been like this for a while now - help!

UPDATE: It's almost a year later and no one has responded here. Same issue - Windows 10, using Chrome this time. I still can't put down the flint or close the pop-out screen. I can pick up other items in the inventory, but they're picked up along with the flint. I can't do anything sle. PLEASE help me.

Edited on 02/15/2017 at 9:02:10 AM PST

[Post New]by aquarius123 on Jun 3, 16 4:10 PM
I have problems with this game. I am using windows 10 on a pc and I can't get any further in the game in a particular spot because the hint button and menu screen have disappeared. Can't post a screenshot but it is in a garage and there is a car, waterbucket, desk and stool. Have also notified bigfish support of the issue.

[Post New]by Goddessof4 on Jun 6, 16 10:05 AM
I can't select the tree house that is sparkling. I have updated my flash player, adjusted my settings and made sure my drivers are all up to date with no luck. I am using Windows 7 and really want to finish the game I paid for. Help

[Post New]by Pammie3 on Jun 27, 16 12:00 PM
Hi, I am using Windows 10. I have got as far as Chapter..Helping Alex and am unable to click on the rose vine 1 to continue on. I have uninstalled and re installed but doesn't help, any answers? Thanks Pammie.

[Post New]by agebby on Jul 25, 16 10:08 AM
Hi, I am using OS X El Capitan and am stuck in Chapter 3. I am trying to dress the magician's assistant puppet, and the option that the hint option gives me-a green suit-won't work. However, the correct option, a green dress, is not present in the puppet box. I have found every other item of clothing/accessory.

[Post New]by lgraves844 on Aug 15, 16 8:05 PM
Using hint button causes game to freeze. Using WE 8. have reloaded. If not fixable, credit my account with cost of game.

[Post New]by califband777 on Sep 14, 16 11:42 PM
aquarius123 wrote:I have problems with this game. I am using windows 10 on a pc and I can't get any further in the game in a particular spot because the hint button and menu screen have disappeared. Can't post a screenshot but it is in a garage and there is a car, waterbucket, desk and stool. Have also notified bigfish support of the issue.

I too have the same problem, spent hours getting to the graveyard and as soon as Emma says to Martha that her daughter is alive and says " I'll prove it to you". "bam" the screen does not have hint or menu icons, and is stuck on the "in the church scene". sparkles on the right, not responsive to anything please fix or credit my account.
Very disappointed.. Spent Days on this game

Edited on 09/14/2016 at 11:56:40 PM PST

[Post New]by jeremysmom on Sep 23, 16 7:27 PM
I give up!!! thanks anyway!!!

Kkdoc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Kkdoc on Dec 9, 16 11:26 PM
I have same problem as Pammie, and am unable to click on rose vine 1 to continue on.
So frustrating! (Mac OSX) Suggestions??

[Post New]by grammanudge on Feb 11, 17 6:27 AM
First I froze after putting black keys on piano - tried several times - uninstalled and reinstalled - now I cant get past wall safe in guest bedroom - Ive gone on how I could but when I go back into guest bedroom the hint cursor keeps going to picture safe but theres nothing to do there.

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Apr 22, 17 6:57 PM
I cannot get it to work at all. I have Windows 10, 64 instead of 32. I have downloaded and installed and tried to play (the trial version only) two times. Will not open but if try to open it after waiting a few minutes, I get the message that there is already a game running.

Cannot find where though. Have uninstalled again and will not try again but thought you might want to know.

[Post New]by pattith1951 on Apr 29, 17 4:06 PM
I have played this game before with no problems now it won't let me clear the condensation in the guest bathroom HELP???? It does nothing there.

gms7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by gms7 on Jun 15, 17 11:11 AM
Downloaded and installed on PC (Windows 10) and game would not open. Uninstalled/reinstalled. Still will not open. Video card is updated with latest software. Also rebooted PC and tried again. Still would not open. Have contacted tech support for advice or refund!

[Post New]by laurantup on Jul 14, 17 11:12 AM
Purchased fear for sale the house on black river two days ago. I am unable to open the game. I have reinstalled it and reinstalled game fish manager. It still won't open
I am using windows 10. The other 3 games I purchased at the same time open.

Edited on 07/14/2017 at 11:14:17 AM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by carehealthortal on Jul 14, 17 11:26 AM

Edited on 07/20/2017 at 11:45:13 AM PST

Go to: