mystery in london game faults

[Post New]by paulsam1984 on Dec 31, 09 11:47 AM
has anyone one else had problems with this game its keeps flashing screen back to my home page on pc this is the only probleum i have had and it is a really good game just wanting to know if anyone else has had this and if they got a new disc or the game fixed vi a download

Re:mystery in london game faults

[Post New]by roystonww on Jan 21, 10 4:20 AM
Hi there,

I am getting something similar to what you are describing, when trying to load the mini game for chapter 6.

In the games log in \docs & settings\....\application data\big fish games\...., it shows that there is a 'floating point operation error'. I've sent the log and my game profile to the guys in the U.S., am now waiting for a reply.

I tried the game on two different PC, (AMD & Intel), still the same problem....

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Jan 21, 10 4:43 AM
hmmmm...I have the game, love it, have played it several times, no problem. I'd recommend you click on that green envelope on the lower right of the page and talk to Customer Service.

Have you compared game specs to your computer specs? I hope you get it resolved quickly as this is a beautiful, beautiful game.

[Post New]by roystonww on Jan 21, 10 4:59 AM
Hi Pepper010, thanks for the quick response.

The two PC's are 3.0Ghz and 2GB RAM, loads of disk space, I have checked the graphics drivers, DirectX, xp Service packs...all up to date.

I was wondering if there is a way to change the settings of the game to use software rendering rather than hardware rendering. It doesn't seem to be a very demanding game as far as resources go.

(there's an ini file in the \big fish games\mystery in london\ folder).

[Post New]by kat_01 on Jul 7, 10 4:51 PM
I had the same problem, the game would load then start flashing.
I have found playing the game in window mode fixes this problem.

To set to window mode you need to open "GameSettings.ini"
Found in...
C:\Documents and Settings\ <USERNAME> \Application Data\Big Fish Games\MysteryInLondon\20071208

Change "Fullscreen=1" to "Fullscreen=0" and save.

[Post New]by muffyswallows on Sep 22, 10 7:08 AM
Has anyone else had any problems on level 1 where you have to click on the mystery book, i've tried everything even reinstalling the game and i still can't click it to continue to the next level

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 7:09:01 AM PST

[Post New]by leonag on Jun 18, 12 9:53 PM
I have the same problem on level 1. Keep clicking on the book but it just stays there and i cant pass on to level 2. Please help.

Go to: