bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

New version of Westward IV: All Aboard available now

[Post New]by bfgErie on Dec 31, 09 4:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Just want to let folks know that we now have a new version of Westward IV: All Aboard available for download right now. This new version fixes the locked train allowing the player to continue playing if their latest save is before the completion of train race. This fix prevents employment at the upgraded train yard after the player loses the railroad.

We apologize greatly for this error. Here's how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC game.
1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game.
2. Select Run or Save File.
3. If prompted, click OK or Run to open the game's executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

bfgErie

Re:New version of Westward IV: All Aboard available now

[Post New]by blocked1 on Jan 15, 10 2:58 PM
Do you have a fix yet for the market place? I cant get to stage 5 the icon above the market is gone.

wrdpm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by wrdpm on Jan 17, 10 12:54 AM
I have the same problem with the marketplace as blocked 1.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 17, 10 11:16 AM
blocked1 wrote:Do you have a fix yet for the market place? I cant get to stage 5 the icon above the market is gone.

The Market Place icon does disappear for awhile in regular gameplay, because it doesn't let you do the last 3 challenges until after you've been to one of the towns that's further down the line. So that may just be a normal part of the game.

Robin

collecting the coal

[Post New]by henson41801 on Jan 18, 10 7:55 AM
Can anyone help me? I have just started my game and im still in the tutorial trying to collect the coal to get the tnt to blowup the rock so the train can get through but I cant get the coal it saids i have to find 60 well i have 51 and cant get anymore please help...

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

collecting the coal

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 18, 10 9:12 PM
henson41801 wrote:Can anyone help me? I have just started my game and im still in the tutorial trying to collect the coal to get the tnt to blowup the rock so the train can get through but I cant get the coal it saids i have to find 60 well i have 51 and cant get anymore please help...

I'm so sorry you've run into that--I'm sure it's frustrating! We try to avoid "spoilerish" comments in this topic, so we'll need to help you in another thread.

The good news is that other people have already asked a similar question so first, you know you're not alone in running into this, and second, If you look through the forum for subject lines about coal, you'll probably find the answer there.

If you don't find the answer, just reply to one of the existing coal problems topics and we should be able to help you there.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by Trishasmom on Jan 22, 10 12:58 PM
I am having problems when I try to build a bridge saying I must have an updated lumber camp which I have 3. I also have the fortification as well. I just downloaded this game two days ago. Any suggestions? I'm playing as Henry.

thanks!

jtcin
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jtcin on Feb 4, 10 2:59 AM
Hi,
I hae uninstalled and reinstalled the games3 times yet the problem prevails. Can you please help? thanks

[Post New]by fishgosquish_gil on Feb 5, 10 7:03 PM
My game is coming up with the error 'Hardware failed to switch to the specified mode'. It was working fine this morning and has just started doing this. When you press okay it then comes up with the following error 'Error: Access violation at 0x77D8CFBC (tried to write to 0x00030FFC), program terminated'. I was playing the Railway Challenge in Sandbox mode this morning when this happened. Has anyone else had this problem? and/or know of a solution?

ddeebabe
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by ddeebabe on Feb 6, 10 2:24 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and my town happiness is over 200 but I still can't get to the final map location. Help please?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Feb 6, 10 9:58 AM
ddeebabe wrote:I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and my town happiness is over 200 but I still can't get to the final map location. Help please?

We try not to put spoilers in this topic, but we can help you in another one. Look for one of the existing topics on Railroad Repo and ask there.

There's also one more basic requirement you may have missed. It's included in the Blog Walkthrough, but I'll also put it here in spoiler text for you, just in case that's it. Just drag your mouse over the next few lines to see it.

Did you check this: you need to have a town population of 41 or more, and have all your buildings repaired.

Again if you have questions or comments about that tip, post them in the Railroad Repo topic.

Good luck!

Robin

Edited on 02/06/2010 at 9:59:07 AM PST

[Post New]by fredfred2 on Feb 8, 10 6:30 PM
fishgosquish_gil wrote:My game is coming up with the error 'Hardware failed to switch to the specified mode'. It was working fine this morning and has just started doing this. When you press okay it then comes up with the following error 'Error: Access violation at 0x77D8CFBC (tried to write to 0x00030FFC), program terminated'. I was playing the Railway Challenge in Sandbox mode this morning when this happened. Has anyone else had this problem? and/or know of a solution?

[Post New]by fluffy8ac on Feb 14, 10 9:56 PM
Neato! a new version. My train is no longer stuck in the station, but I went through another game and the bakery doesn't make pies, there is no market place challenges past Brockway, no train station extras, etc.

Please let me know when all these bugs are fixed, I love the game.

pzldoer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pzldoer on Feb 16, 10 7:59 AM
I just downloaded and installed 1.003 again for the 3rd time and am having the same problem I had before. I got thru the game fine the first time, but when I realized that I did not have all the trophies especially the Dinosaur I restarted the game and got finished with all the side quests. When I come back to the main town everything is blacked out. I can't get to the Train race now or anything else,
PLEASE can someone from BigFish find out from the developers if they are working to get the rest of the bugs out, and if so, how long it will be before there is another fix for the game. I am sure there are lots of people who are playing this game and have taken hours and hours to try and get all there is out of the game and find themselves unable to finish. I am soooo frustrated.

[Post New]by Misty0002 on Mar 1, 10 1:16 PM
ok I have the game and can't play it I keep getting a hardware failure message and it shuts down...I tried the green help envelope but every time I submit it gives an error and says contact web administrator....any clues how I can contact someone to help me fix westward IV?

[Post New]by Misty0002 on Mar 1, 10 1:18 PM
fredfred2 wrote:
fishgosquish_gil wrote:My game is coming up with the error 'Hardware failed to switch to the specified mode'. It was working fine this morning and has just started doing this. When you press okay it then comes up with the following error 'Error: Access violation at 0x77D8CFBC (tried to write to 0x00030FFC), program terminated'. I was playing the Railway Challenge in Sandbox mode this morning when this happened. Has anyone else had this problem? and/or know of a solution?

Me except I can't even open it at all and trying to submit to the tech gives me errors too!

[Post New]by impatiens on Mar 4, 10 1:49 PM
Hello all -
I downloaded "new version" - still same version, Ver1.003, still having same freeze problems. Program will not load, "Access Violation", "Assertion Failed". Have spent many hours cleaning/updating my computer, even took it to shop thinking something wrong with it because I've purchased dozens of games from BF and never had a problem. Well, it's the same problem in Westward II, III, IV. This is really frustrating for many of us. These are super good games and worth repairing. I hope BF will put some pressure on Sandlot to do so.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Even NEWER version of Westward IV: All Aboard available now

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 5, 10 9:28 AM
impatiens wrote:I downloaded "new version" - still same version, Ver1.003, still having same freeze problems.
1.004 is now available for those who purchased direct from Sandlot, and claims to cure the freeze problem. (They concede that "If your only save file is after the Train Race and encountering the bug, then unfortunately there is nothing we can do and you will have to restart.") Once Sandlot makes it available to BFG, we can hope that their testers will expedite getting it approved and available to those who've bought thru BFG.

impatiens wrote:Program will not load, "Access Violation", "Assertion Failed". Have spent many hours cleaning/updating my computer, even took it to shop thinking something wrong with it because I've purchased dozens of games from BF and never had a problem. Well, it's the same problem in Westward II, III, IV. This is really frustrating for many of us. These are super good games and worth repairing. I hope BF will put some pressure on Sandlot to do so.
This is not a general failure for everyone. It's not even common, given the evidence of this forum. So I doubt that Sandlot can or should "repair" its entire Westward line--unless you've contacted BFG Customer Support, and they've come to a standstill, placing the blame on Sandlot. Is that in fact the case?

[Post New]by kitbfg on Apr 25, 10 11:35 AM
No reply from BFG regarding version 1.004...any idea whether this has been released from BFG customers?

My game froze when I returned to the main town after completing the train race challenge. I didn't save the game prior to returning to the main town therefore version 1.004 should still be beneficial to me as my last saved file had not encountered the bug.

I am extremely interested to hear whether version 1.004 will be available on bfg...

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 4, 10 9:16 AM
We have a new version of Westward IV: All Aboard available now. This new version of the game allows a new train to come through if a train gets stuck on a map.

We apologize for any trouble this may have caused. If your Game Manager hasn’t prompted you to run the update, here’s how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC Game
First, go to your Purchase History and click Install next to the game.
Second, select Run or Save File.
Third, if prompted, click OK or Run to open the game’s executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

Happy Gaming!

Go to: