Riddle of the Sphinx

Riddle of the Sphinx

[Post New]by spebecker on Sep 27, 08 7:27 AM
I have just started the game and i m stuck alredy from the beginning will the strategy
gide help

Edited on 09/27/2008 at 7:30:39 AM PST

Re:Riddle of the Sphinx

[Post New]by Anonymous on Sep 29, 08 7:42 AM
prpldva wrote:Hi spebecker! Welcome to the forums!

Sending you a PM...

[Post New]by ahcnurse on Sep 30, 08 11:53 PM
I got very stuck..I got the strategy guide & it helps. That and lots of paper to write things down..like when you listen to the tapes in the first tent.

Riddle of the Sphinx

[Post New]by silverfeather on Oct 20, 08 1:46 PM
spebecker wrote:I have just started the game and i m stuck alredy from the beginning will the strategy
gide help

[Post New]by onebutrfli on Oct 27, 08 10:46 AM
Does this game frustrate the crap ola out of anyone else??? Does the guide help at all? I really don't want to have to buy it but wow this baby is really hard or I'm just really stupid today cause I do not get it!!!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 10:56 AM
onebutrfli wrote:Does this game frustrate the crap ola out of anyone else??? Does the guide help at all? I really don't want to have to buy it but wow this baby is really hard or I'm just really stupid today cause I do not get it!!!

Where are you stuck?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 11:29 AM
I didnt recall as much as I thought I would, so i went to gameboomers and got this:

Enter tunnel. When you reach a VR spot, look up and go up that tunnel above. Upon reaching an area with a ladder and ramp on either side, you can turn right to a grate, forward to Queen’s chamber or left and up the ramp to the King’s chamber.

Open the grate on the right, look close and read Gil’s note.

Go up the ramp at left side, you end up in a bare room of the King’s chamber - there is just an empty tomb.

Let's go back down and check the middle passage. Go forward to the Queen’s Chamber.

QUEEN’S CHAMBER:

Look around. There is a desk with some electronic equipment on it, a small hole on the wall by the desk and there’s an alcove to the left of the desk that has a low entryway.

Read the journal found on the desk. Take note of the pyramid cross section drawing and the reference to Gatenbrink’s mystery door.

Cheoptronic control: Examine control panel. Turn main power supply on (top left), middle power for imaging matrix (only library 1 works) and bottom power for more data retrieval.

Check the Data retrieval by pressing each number, especially #2, how to manipulate the Cheoptronic and #6 and #12 tells of problems encountered in running the Cheoptronic.

Pick up Cheoptronic (robot car) from the stacked cases on the right side of the room.

Place it on small hole on the wall by the desk.

Using the control panel and Library #1, drive the cheoptronic through the tunnel until you reach the mystery door. Use the Forward and backward switch on the left side of the panel and when you reach a difficult area, use either auxiliary lever 1 or 2 until you get over the blockage. My, that’s a looooong tunnel!

Open Mystery door by typing the numbers deduced from clues given by Gil’s letter found in the grate - date of the raising of the scaffolding and the last 4 numbers from his Campus ID (0217+1334=1551) on the data retrieval panel.

When the mystery door gets pushed back, the wall of alcove to the left of the Queens chamber gets pushed also.

[Post New]by onebutrfli on Oct 27, 08 11:58 AM
OH MAN! YOU ROCK! Thanks so much for the help!!!
I have been playing games on BFG for about a year now and have just been buying the guides or not finishing games and to tell the truth I didn't even know about the game forums or the chit-chat until the other day when I got stuck on Law and Order!
Thanks again for your help!!
PS I'll probably ask for more!

[Post New]by Augusta13 on Jan 23, 09 8:54 AM
I couldnt open the combination lock even with a walkthrough, The graphics are terrible,I got rid of it before it barely started. Not happy with my choice. Waste of money.

Bobswife80
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Bobswife80 on Mar 4, 09 10:36 AM
I put the robot car in the hole and turn on the library #1 like it said I didn't see any car and it's gone. Anyone help with this.

[Post New]by susansden on Mar 15, 09 3:36 PM
I HAVE THIS GAME LIKED IT UP TO AROWS JUST CANT SEEM TO GET LEFT HAND STATUE CAN ANYONE HELP

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Mar 15, 09 4:15 PM
I bought that game about 2 years ago. Couldn't get anywhere with it and finally removed it.
Didn't know at that time there were walk-thrus. Might have to try it again one day.
Good luck to all

barb567
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by barb567 on Mar 26, 09 9:11 AM
i did the same bought it 2 years ago. removed it now i reinstalled it and am going to try it again with a walk through

[Post New]by annietoyou on Mar 29, 09 7:40 PM
barb567 wrote:i did the same bought it 2 years ago. removed it now i reinstalled it and am going to try it again with a walk through
Where are the walk throughs?

magilligan
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by magilligan on May 24, 09 1:39 PM
I do wish you had said before I bought and downloaded the game that you could have problems with Vista, I wish I had my money back so that I could get anothe game that works with my computer. I have reinstalled it and the same thing appears to download and install, that is till I try to play it and nothing, first time I have been dissappointed with Big Fish Games.

[Post New]by darwinnewton on May 31, 09 6:44 PM
I'm inside the Ziggurat Room ( or what I think is that room) and I have gone to bone Universal Hints AND Gameboomers to look through their walkthroughs. I STILL can't find the thorny rope.

HELP? I swear I won't hang myself with it, but this game is SO @$^_# frustrating.

Thanks. :/

[Post New]by darwinnewton on May 31, 09 6:45 PM
I'm inside the Ziggurat Room ( or what I think is that room) and I have gone to bone Universal Hints AND Gameboomers to look through their walkthroughs. I STILL can't find the thorny rope.

HELP? I swear I won't hang myself with it, but this game is SO @$^_# frustrating.

Thanks. :/

[Post New]by oreo56 on Dec 29, 09 7:55 AM
:yes the strategy guide gives anwers but you can tell me what your stuck on and i could tell you what to do if im as far as you

[Post New]by oreo56 on Jan 15, 10 5:59 AM
onebutrfli wrote:I've gotten 2 scrolls, and the scroll translation tape and wrote down everything that he said. I've gone to the other location and filled the tank with gas and atarted the generator and gone down the tunnel to the end but can't find a shovel to clear the sand. I've gone under the sphinx to the end where the scaab looking thing is but can't do anything. I've opend all the drawers in the desk and opened the trunk, found the date on the board by the sphinx. I just don't know what to do with info that I've got I guess?
It seems that there are no buttons to push or nothing else that I can find so I'm stuck and don't know what else to do now?

Go to: