Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Demon Hunter 3: Revelation Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 16, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/16/2016 at 5:57:16 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Demon Hunter 3: Revelation Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 16, 16 1:37 AM
Found the cursor a bit slow and picky. Not a bad game and a bit spooky (I like them really spooky).

Excellent graphics and music. HOPs are a bit junk pile and marginally interactive. The scenes are quite dark, so a bit of a strain on my eyes.

Puzzles I found really annoying, as nothing new and very old school. Line up a picture, but moving one piece moves some others, and light all the petals in the same format.

I played 45 minutes of demo, but as soon as items started jumping right into my face on finding them as though I'm too stupid to remember I uninstalled.

This game is a bit 'last year'; I'm sure some will love it. There's been so many outstanding CEs of late, this just didn't grab me.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Demon Hunter 3: Revelation Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Apr 16, 16 2:00 AM
Have bought the game and really enjoying it. Good graphics. A bit dark at the moment but I'm only about 45 minutes into game, so that could change. Has a good challenge. Lots of collectibles to find and morphing objects in HOPs. But really tired now, so am going to bed and will start again tomorrow morning. Have had no problems with the game so far.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 16, 16 5:01 AM
Well, I only played 14 minutes before uninstalling, so this won't be a detailed review.

I expected to really like this game from the description given. It has all the bells and whistles I like (achievements, collectables, morphing objects), so it should have been a nearly automatic buy for me. Why wasn't it?

Well, first, I really disliked the graphic style. Yes, things were clear, but it was over-detailed for my taste, if that makes any sense. It reminded me most of the ERS style, which I have disliked for years. I prefer a cleaner look to the graphics - just my preference, and I realize it is not everyone's.

Second, I really dislike when things seem to be "out of time". In the opening video, the mother carries matches and a lantern, which would indicate that the action takes place in the 19th or early 20th century (she also appears to be wearing a day dress to bed - but that's another gripe for another time). Then when we meet the police officer he is wearing a modern uniform and holding a walkie-talkie! Even though I hung in for a few more minutes and tried to like this one, the devs lost me at that point .I don't necessarily insist on logic in my storyline; after all, I'm playing a game about hunting demons. But I do want there to be time continuity.

Off to replay one of my (many, many) old games, but try it for yourself. Just because it isn't my cup of tea, doesn't mean it won't be yours.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 16, 16 5:57 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Demon Hunter 3: Revelation Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Demon Hunter 3: Revelation Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Apr 16, 16 2:57 PM

I Wonder How It Ends?

Five years ago you defeated the arch demon Ragnar. In the process, your amulet was destroyed but demonic activity ceased. Today, Olivia Martin has been killed and her ten year old daughter Lila is missing. Strange shadowy beings have been seen near their house. Officer Brown is there waiting and there's probably a normal explanation, right? (NOT).

The first thing I noticed was the stunning artwork which filled each scene with incredible detail. It's clear they spent a lot of time and talent on each scene - even on areas that you won't interact with. The voices and acting are great and the conversations are appropriate. The music - well its more like a constant note in tension. Listening to it adds to the stressful nature of the story which, as the title suggests, centers on demons.

Seems to me like we've had a lot of creepy (and some pseudo creepy) games lately. My "creep meter" here registered at 7.5 out of 10. The atmosphere is very dark, with occasional ghoulishly bright green highlights. Every action with the mouse returns a sinister "swoosh" sound.

Play includes standard HO scenes with some interaction, including morphing objects, and fragmented scenes. Puzzles were pretty standard, i.e. finding sequences, matching colored wheels. Instructions are clear. There are no "gizmos" used, or at least not during the trial.

There is a transportable map which fits the style of the game well, and the usual four levels of difficulty. There are some inconsistencies. Some objects are out of their time period and the game shows humans killing demons by shooting them with a crossbow.

The CE features collectibles: 15 scrolls, 15 coins and 15 dolls. Other CE features are bonus game, strategy guide (there are five chapters listed), replay of puzzles and HO's, achievements and the usual array of pseudo extras.

I don't own Demon Hunter 1 or 2, but this one looks good. If you aren't totally turned off by demon games, I suggest giving this a try. I saw nothing overly occult during the trial but... The story is no Revelation, but if you want that you'll have to read the Book.

four fallen angels

Update after completing the game + (short) bonus game I still give 4 stars. Was it great? No - the sword puzzle comes to mind. But I enjoyed the artwork, play and occasional challenge. The story was ok.

Edited on 04/19/2016 at 1:34:29 PM PST

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on Apr 16, 16 5:43 PM
I totally agree with steve_san. This is a good game. It's a 5 star for me

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 17, 16 7:08 AM
Someone described this as a 'stellar 5 star plus game'. They must have been playing a different game to the demo I tried.

Dark surroundings, unrealistic characters and voices, a hooded villain and just in case you've not seen it in every other game, a missing zipper-pull. And every other trite, over-done method of finding items to use.

HOS nothing special, mini-games the same. And wasn't Ragnar a Viking warrior?

I had no technical problems with the demo as far as I played it.....which wasn't far. This game couldn't tempt me even if it was free.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Apr 17, 16 8:05 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Someone described this as a 'stellar 5 star plus game'. They must have been playing a different game to the demo I tried.

Dark surroundings, unrealistic characters and voices, a hooded villain and just in case you've not seen it in every other game, a missing zipper-pull. And every other trite, over-done method of finding items to use.

HOS nothing special, mini-games the same. And wasn't Ragnar a Viking warrior?

I had no technical problems with the demo as far as I played it.....which wasn't far. This game couldn't tempt me even if it was free.

That's how I felt towards the end of the game. How many candles and gears can you collect????? I felt the devs got rather lazy towards the end of the game.

I didn't even bother with the bonus chapter.

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by LessaJaxom on Apr 17, 16 12:23 PM

Edited on 04/19/2016 at 12:13:42 PM PST

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by 1357wc on Apr 17, 16 8:55 PM

Edited on 04/19/2016 at 12:20:46 PM PST

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Apr 17, 16 8:59 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the game but the bonus game was not acceptable. It took me 15 minutes tops and I felt it didn't add anything to the game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 18, 16 9:24 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

This game was just OK. I purchased it because of the sale and I haven't played a game in a while and since there were such stellar reviews I thought I'd give it a shot. Meh. Very rote and predictable. Nothing original.

But bad game mechanics, the sword sliding mini game comes to mind.

HOPs included the cardinal sin of including multiple items of the same type in a scene. In one scene the list item was "old bottle", not only were there more than one bottle, there was an entire crate of old broken bottles, none of which were the intended item. And then there were ridiculously specific clickable "zones". Very irritating.

Honestly, I was kind of mad at the game after I finished it, especially after the brief and worthless "bonus" game. Oh! And confusing story line.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 04/19/2016 at 12:33:17 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 19, 16 12:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for taking the time to post their thoughts and feedback of this particular game. I'd like to remind users of the Review Guidelines, specifically,

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Demon Hunter 3: Revelation Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

The Moderation Team asks that the designated review threads be for reviews only. Please also ensure that the posts are specific to Demon Hunter 3: Revelation Collector's Edition as the moderators will remove any content that isn't game specific or a review.

Thank you for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 04/19/2016 at 12:29:28 PM PST

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on May 18, 16 5:32 AM
Just now finally got around to playing this game. LOVE it so far, after only a few minutes. Music is appropriately spooky as 'all get out'......anybody else use that saying?

And I am looking forward to some fun this afternoon.
WooHoo and off we go.

Go to: