ShiningBright
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Where is the fix for this game?

[Post New]by ShiningBright on Dec 31, 09 11:48 PM
When is Big Fish gonna give us the fix for this game dealing with storing items in the barn for auction, that we can not do at this point? As I understand from reading in the forum, the developers of this game has sent the fix to Big Fish, so why is it taking so long for them to give it to us? Any help would be appreciated here!

gschupft
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Where is the fix for this game?

[Post New]by gschupft on Jan 1, 10 2:19 AM
Hi,

if there is a fix, it should contain more than that. It's also not possible to get the trophy in expert mode for failing no order. What about that?

[Post New]by independent2100 on Jan 1, 10 7:33 AM
I'm also wondering where the fix is. I love the game, but would like it even better if it worked the way that it was intended to. When will we get the fix?

ShiningBright
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by ShiningBright on Jan 3, 10 3:58 AM
I have written Big Fish at least FOUR times about this but have not gotten any response back yet!!!!!!! Has anyone else contacted them about this issue?

[Post New]by LilyJustice on Jan 6, 10 4:24 AM
Well Big Fish - how about it? Why haven't you done what ever has to be done re. "the fix" for this game? I would dearly love to tell a friend about Fantastic Farm but will not do so until I know it is running as it should.

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Jan 6, 10 8:40 AM
AMEN!! the majority of the game is awful! It keeps freezing up on me or when I go to click on a certain plant, the pointer will all of a sudden move and I end up with a plant I don't need so that slows me down in feeding whichever animal I'm feeding at the time. I just quit playing it cause it makes me so mad.

If BF does not want me to call them then I suggest they fix it because I'm not going to waste my time emailing them about this anymore. I don't want a credit for the game because I really like it but if they aren't going to fix it, then I'd rather have a refund so I can go buy it elsewhere!

rthomas
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rthomas on Jan 6, 10 3:40 PM
I'm also a big fan of this game. I'm also getting frustrated that I can't get all the trophies. SO LETS MOVE IT AND GET THE FIX!!!!!!
R.Thomas

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 3:40:33 PM PST

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Jan 6, 10 4:10 PM
Hi Fishies,

I apologize for the delay on getting a fix for Fantastic Farm. We have a new build of the game but our testers need to give it their stamp of approval before we're able to release it. Thank you all for your continued patience as we work to get you all back to gaming.

Thanks again!

bfgEuphrates

ShiningBright
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by ShiningBright on Jan 7, 10 3:01 AM
Thank you so much for letting us all know about the fix and that you are working on it.

[Post New]by independent2100 on Jan 10, 10 6:41 PM
I just beat expert mode and I have no desire to continue playing until I collect all of the trophies. Now, I don't have a need for the fix.

[Post New]by Javrie on Jan 11, 10 11:34 AM
Ok, then I guess the question is, WHEN will the fix be released. After the BigFish testers give their stamp of approval is a bit ambiguous as far as giving a timeline. Thanks for posting, but a bit more detail would be appreciated.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jan 15, 10 5:58 PM
Hi everyone,

We now have a new version of Fantastic Farm available now. There was a bug in the game that prevented items from being stored for the auction. This error has now been corrected.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. Here's how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC game.
1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game.
2. Select Run or Save File.
3. If prompted, click OK or Run to open the game's executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

[Post New]by independent2100 on Jan 16, 10 3:43 PM
I did not know to uninstall the previous version first, but that didn't seem to affect anything. The game updated successfully. I just tested storing things for the auction using relaxed mode, and it is now working the way that it should.

gschupft
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by gschupft on Jan 17, 10 3:15 AM
@independent2100:

"...and it is now working the way that it should."

Oh yeah?? It does? Really??

The most annoying bug was, that you couldn't get the trophy for not failing an order in expert mode. Because it takes such an awfull lot of time to finish it.

And now, after the so called 'fix', I tried again (from the very beginning in normal mode, because only after that you can start the expert mode).

And now?? No throphy!! Now I'm really annoyed and just pi... off.

But now I had a problem that I didn't have before: Within playing the game slowed down and just froze, I had to start the level again. Maybe that's why I didn't get the trophy??

I don't care any more.

Go to hell you so not-at-all-fantastic, buggy farm!

[Post New]by independent2100 on Jan 19, 10 3:07 PM
Oh yeah?? It does? Really??

The first part of my sentence says, "I just tested storing things for the auction using relaxed mode...." That is the only aspect of the game that I was talking about.

I have no clue about any other bugs. If you have managed to complete expert mode without failing a level once, you are light years ahead of me in the game. I'm not even trying for that trophy.

gschupft
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by gschupft on Jan 20, 10 10:20 AM
@independent2100

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, my furor hit you, but it was targeting the 'updaters'.
I missed the first part of your sentence as I missed the aim of this fix as it was explained above. I was so longing for a fix for 'my' problem...

As I would not have believed - and still don't believe it - that there is really someone who makes a fix/update cause of such a minor idioitc 'problem' of getting a trophy for storing some items for an auction, when - as I read somewhere - you get this trophy also in relaxed mode?? What challenge is that supposed to be? Gaining a trophy should have to do with facing a challenge. And in this game the challenge is this expert trophy...
When you get to this, maybe you will understand me and my anger.

And you will get to this, I am sure, because once you found out the right setting (as there are several of them, as I read in the forum. Mine is different than the others), you simply can't miss a level any more, not even in expert mode. So it is not that big of a deal. It's just sooo time consuming, that just for that, I wanted this trophy...

And by the way: All in all this game isn't sooo bad. The performance, the image, the handling etc. are quite all right. That's not always the case, not even at bigfish. Some games are so lousy I wonder why they want money to play them.
The fantastic farm is not one of those...

Go to: