bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 1, 10 12:05 AM
After your trip to Amsterdam, the time has come for a relaxing holiday in Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise! It all seems peaceful, but again the journey will be nothing like you expected it to be. The tropical environments will bring you more than a relaxing time and cocktails at the beach as your Hidden Object skills are tested. Questions rise and irreversible decisions have to be made to finally reveal the mystery of The Golden Bird of Paradise!

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise

[Post New]by diji on Jan 1, 10 12:52 AM
I usually don't have problems with the games I get from BF but this game is running REALLY slow and choppy. Anyone else having problems?

step54
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by step54 on Jan 1, 10 12:55 AM
diji wrote:I usually don't have problems with the games I get from BF but this

game is running REALLY slow and choppy. Anyone else having problems?

Same prob. and it would be nice for the objects to aleast look like there suppose to.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 1, 10 1:00 AM
A "must" game, for sure.

Still, tiny objects (where is that gingerman? - brown on brown ), and annoying collect of jems (redundant).

Medium graphic quality (on purpose, to make the finds more difficult), but enough to enable the finds.

Fast filling Hint system (thanks god for it, I use it quite often! )

Ability to connect or activate items in the inventory (quite new function), makes your brain cells to act more...

Bought it after 10 minutes play...

Happy New 2010 Year to all fishies!!! Peace on Earth!

Mookhebbe
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,213 Posts

[Post New]by Mookhebbe on Jan 1, 10 1:07 AM
Very nice that you can select your own language, so I don't have to google for pictures of words I don't know. More games should have that.

Definite buy for me

Keep them coming BF

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 1, 10 1:09 AM
Would love to get a sense of how many hidden object scenes one has to get through to reach a puzzle (yeah, that's how it is for me) and if the puzzles are fairly original?

Thanks and a healthy happy new year to my fellow fishies.

linnovak
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by linnovak on Jan 1, 10 1:16 AM
A buy for me, although I do find many of the objects quite small and hard to find - I also used the hints more often than I usually do. No problems with screen jumpiness or installing

Happy New Year to all the Big Fishies!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 1, 10 1:18 AM
Happy New Year to you all! I can't get the game to open at all? Downloaded it, nothing happened. Uninstalled it, rebooted computer, reinstalled it and still nothing. Any ideas anyone? Never had this happen with a game before.
Be grateful for any help you can offer,
Thanks
PS. After 3 uninstalls and 3 reboots it finally opened. Like the game enough to buy it; just hope it runs ok after purchase.

Edited on 01/01/2010 at 4:47:38 AM PST

lind3636
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,424 Posts

[Post New]by lind3636 on Jan 1, 10 1:21 AM
I usually do not have any problems with the games neither, but was choppy and
slow. I'll try again later but it does look good from what I saw

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Jan 1, 10 1:29 AM
Divegal,

Not to hyjack the thread but if BF gets Anka you should check that one out. Lots of puzzles (minis) along the way and they are simply genius. Not as hard as Madame Fate but tons of fun. I like this game so far. Maybe a buy. Happy new year to all. Cheers.

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Jan 1, 10 1:50 AM
Slow and choppy for me too and I don't usually have problems either.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jan 1, 10 2:17 AM
game will not even open, , had to re-boot pc....lets hope come up with a solution for this as so many of us are having problems

lidybel
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lidybel on Jan 1, 10 3:07 AM
I love this one.Much better then the Amsterdam game.Relexing,no timer.Lots of puzzels.This is a buy for me.thanks A happy new year to all fishies

Prima2339
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Prima2339 on Jan 1, 10 3:09 AM
I'm stuck already!
I'm on the second scene. It's the scene with a fountain and a board which advertises a fortune teller. I can't find a screw and the last remaining map piece??
I click on hint, which gives me a circled area in which either of these items should be located BUT I still can't see either of them in the circle??
I can't continue on in the game or go to a different location! The circled area the hint gives me, is right by the billboard sign for the fortune teller.
Anybody have an idea where to find either of these items or how I can skip the scene an continue on? In my inventory I have a light bulb, crow bar and map pieces.

They must be microscopic!

This is not fun.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jan 1, 10 3:10 AM
cannot find a game named anka!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 1, 10 3:35 AM
Miniatures1 wrote:cannot find a game named anka!

I assume you searched on BFG, as I found it on Google w/o problems (thanks, Journey_1!). Looks like a cute game, but I'll wait also until it arrives at BF.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 1, 10 3:59 AM
Prima2339 wrote:I'm stuck already!
I'm on the second scene. It's the scene with a fountain and a board which advertises a fortune teller. I can't find a screw and the last remaining map piece??
I click on hint, which gives me a circled area in which either of these items should be located BUT I still can't see either of them in the circle??
I can't continue on in the game or go to a different location! The circled area the hint gives me, is right by the billboard sign for the fortune teller.
Anybody have an idea where to find either of these items or how I can skip the scene an continue on? In my inventory I have a light bulb, crow bar and map pieces.

They must be microscopic!

This is not fun.

hi Prima, right, not funny. Finding invisible things in the hint-circle goes on, btw. I deleted the game meanwhile, although I was rather excited about the language feature at first, too.
I can't help you with the last card piece, as it depends on which others you have; did you look at the column at the very right side of the scene..? One is on some sort of cart in the foreground, if I remember correctly. They are VERY well hidden.
Maybe BF will have a walkthrough with screenshots....

Anyway: I remember that I didn't see the screw in the hint-circle either (at billboard sign for the fortune teller). I found it by clicking pixel-wise through the circle -- it's still almost hidden behind a boat-or-what-thing there -- and standing the waiting time when the cursor became angry about it. And that's my best hint for some of the items in the next rooms, too. Good luck!
(I'll never understand why someone invented a penalty for clicking around anyway; sometimes items just aren't clear, either graphics- or word-wise, and if I want to go thru a scene pixel-wise, so what?!)

And that was not the only item I didn't see even with the hint, big sigh. The game has IMO the variety of half-hidden behind other items, TINY, dark on black and light on white, too. Although I'm (almost) getting used to the problems with not finding items anymore (my eyes are getting bad), it's disappointing, and in combination with a penalty for clicking around, no magnifier or other nice help* these games go on my personal No-thanks-list.

* edited to add: and no possibility to turn off the game cursor! so often the reason for slow, wiggling cursor.

Edited on 01/01/2010 at 4:11:29 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 1, 10 4:03 AM
Prima, move the cursor left and right (the screw is positioned horizontally) at the lower 1/3 of the hint sign. Really, I pulled my hair off to find it!

I hope BF will delete this object, or give it a bigger size... .

Welcome to the Blind Cow Club...

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 1, 10 4:10 AM
I really disliked this game. It is slow and choppy and there is no option to move through some of the filler scenes. I couldn't figure out what some of the mini games expected me to do, even after clicking on the hint. I never figured out what needed to be done before adding the last piece from my inventory on two of the mini games. It kept telling me that I had to prepare the piece first, but I clicked on every other inventory item and was told that there was nothing to be done with them. Definitely a from me!

rebacin
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by rebacin on Jan 1, 10 4:16 AM
I too am having problems- after download- I get blank screen- besides, then it takes the minutes off from a trial time, even though you can't play! Will wit until it gets fixed. For those that are able to play- Happy Gaming.

Go to: