psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

opening new HOG scenes

[Post New]by psyche_ on Apr 16, 16 1:17 PM
Sorry, newbie question and can't find the answer on the threads or on the tip page!
When you open a new hidden object scene, it asks you for an item, which you can buy for gold to open the scene. Do you have to pay the gold, or can you find those items in other HOG scenes or elsewhere?

sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

Re:opening new HOG scenes

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Apr 16, 16 5:50 PM
It's been a while since I opened a new scene, but there should be a "find" button to lead you to where the items are that you need. The items will either be from other HO scenes, or drop from defeated "enemies".

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Apr 17, 16 7:08 AM
no, there's no "find" button on those ones, which is why I was wondering as everything else does! I've tried looking on the list of open scenes for what you can get, but I wasn't sure if those lists include the items you can only find in certain modes

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Apr 17, 16 5:42 PM
I have opened scenes fairly recently, although not since the most recent update. I have always been able to get the objects needed from the game, although it sometimes has taken a very long time and so sometimes bought with rubies.

What objects do you need? Perhaps putting them on your wish list would help you to get them sooner.

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Apr 18, 16 10:11 AM
Also, if a HOS gives you a questrelated item, it usually shows up at the front of the items that the partictular HOS gives, maked with an exclamation mark.

zigzagbuddha
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by zigzagbuddha on Apr 18, 16 9:38 PM
you have to click 'search', then whatever items you need that you don't have will turn up with a 'find' button for them.

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Apr 23, 16 4:24 AM
Thanks all - am beginning to think I may have a glitch tho?
I downloaded Wanderland last year but never played it until this week - played for hours and couldn't use up my energy for trying! Kept levelling up and there was some other glitch that I can't remember now. When I came out I hit the update button (that certainly sorted out using up the energy lol) and the game changed a lot...I now have 2 quests that need the mirror curse (no luck getting that so far!) and all the portal related quests are sleeping, even though I have an item it wants me to use, but can't use it until I complete one of the sleeping tasks.
With regards to opening scenes, this last one was "temple key" and it had a picture of the statue, which I have in my inventory. It didn't indicate I needed multiple ones of it, again there was no find button, it just had a price tag in gold on it and the only button available was "buy and unlock". However, when I went to open the passage to the temple, that one did have find buttons, but opening new HOG scenes I haven't had any find buttons, only the buy & unlock.
What do you reckon- glitch from updating from very old version or not?

Go to: