Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Havana Nights here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 17, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 04/17/2016 at 5:49:47 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Havana Nights here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 17, 16 5:49 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Apr 17, 16 6:42 AM
Won't play properly - I get a screen filled with lines of code (?) - each line starts with "Image Resource" in red in brackets. Options at top of page with "Errors," "debug," "Clear," "close." Windows XP. Interestingly, I was able to play CE.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 17, 16 8:32 AM
Hi pita1234,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to play this game. It is definitely interesting that you were able to play the Collector's Edition. Please look at the following help articles as it is known to help resolve the issue you are experiencing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Run Game as Administrator

If you are still experiencing that this game isn't running as it should, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The team is always willing to help. If you are able to obtain screenshots of what you are seeing, that may help aid in the investigation. Just in case, I'll include a help article below:

Taking a Screenshot

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 17, 16 11:42 AM
"Access error", could not play. Same problem as Pita1234. This is the first game of this series where I have had this problem, or with any game for that matter. I haven't tried the CE. Windows XP.

Edited on 04/17/2016 at 11:45:11 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 17, 16 11:45 AM
Hi dollyflower,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing an error message when trying to play this game. Since we don't have the tools to troubleshoot from the forums, I'll include a help article that is specific to the error message you are seeing. The following help article has been known to help resolve this error message:

Access Violation

If you find that the access violation error message still appears, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to look into this for you and provide steps that are specific to your system.

bfgBellerophon

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 18, 16 6:19 PM
Thanks to the BF Moderator for weighing in. I also tried to download the CE, but couldn't. I have to say that I am really disappointed in the Developers of this series. I have played and enjoyed all the other games in the series without a problem. I wish the Developers would address this in the forum! Why the change in performance with this particular game?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 19, 16 8:17 AM
Hi dollyflower,

I'm sorry that you are still experiencing issues when trying to download the Collector's Edition and standard edition. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should. Since further troubleshooting steps are needed and we don't have the tools in the forums, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always willing to help in any way that they can. Please note that the support team also has the tools to gather the data and bring it to the attention of the appropriate teams that includes the developer. We can then work with the developer on resolving the issues that players are experiencing.

bfgBellerophon

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Jun 19, 16 9:30 AM
Yep same for me on XP, lines of code and cannot play, had to exit guessing where the "exit" button was on the menu!

This issue was first raised in April.....no fixes yet?

unplayable game

[Post New]by spythere on Jun 21, 16 6:35 AM
I'm playing on MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, OS X 10.11.5, and this is the first game since a long time which fills my screen and doesn't stick as a window in the upper, right corner. But now I cannot move my mouse. Cursor movements are restricted to the upper left quarter of the screen. I had to force-quit the game.
What's the matter with Mad Head's technical staff?

[Post New]by baynedialogues on Jul 21, 16 5:31 PM
Have completed the game, and now it won't let me play again. It requires that I sign in as a new player. I am used to playing purchased games more than once using the same player ID.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Aug 15, 16 12:46 PM
What pita1234 is seeing is not an "access error." We've all seen those and we all know what those look like. This is something I've never seen before. I can expand a little on Pita1234's description, although part of the message is going to be specific to where you are in the game. First let me say that it doesn't seem to be a fatal error (yet). I saw it twice before starting to take down information; the first time I only needed to go to the main menu page before I could go back into the game and continue; the second time I had to go all the way out of the game but could then come back and continue. The third time, I didn't try for a screenshot, but I wrote down everything. This happened just as the character had tied a rope to the club veranda and was about to climb down, but the game was about to flash back to the police station. The screen darkened (not toally black, but very dark) and across the very top in small caps was the line
ERROR 6 DEBUG CLEAR X
"ERROR 6" was in red, "DEBUG" in yellow, and "CLEAR X" in green. The next line was just
>
in white. The next line was very long so please imagine it without line breaks
[MImage Resource] could not create SDL texture for: E:\\Big Fish Games\Cadenza - Havana Nights\data\interrogation_room\_interrogation_room_05.dds
The part in brackets was in red, the rest in white. It was followed by five more lines, identical except ending "06.dds" "07.dds" "08.dds" "09.dds" and "10.dds" respectively. Al the type was small but the colors showed up nicely on the dark background. I was able to see faintly the banner within the game which told me the game was going back tot he police station, and hear the chief say something which led me to believe that the escape had been successful, so I expect to see more action before finally ending up in custody, assuming the game will cooperate. There were more lines of code or whatever it is this time than there were the previous two times, so it may be getting worse, but I am going back to dive in again and keep going as long as I can.

Hour's later, I'm back. I finished the game. I had two more incidents, the last one of which was also at the interrogation room, and after that, the game went just fine. I don't promise it will work for you if you just go out and come back in, but it did for me.

Edited on 08/15/2016 at 8:18:37 PM PST

Go to: