Game freezing

Game freezing

[Post New]by cyndeeperry on Jan 1, 10 10:43 AM
Anyone else having this problem? At level 42, when it is almost complete.

Edited on 01/01/2010 at 10:45:24 AM PST

Re:Game freezing

[Post New]by lakeal on Jan 3, 10 2:28 PM
what do i do

[Post New]by Nanley115 on Jan 9, 10 4:15 PM
Yes, the game has been freezing up on me for quite a while and I have to shut the game down to get my computer back to normal. What can we do about this? I hate not being able to use a game I paid for. Nanley

[Post New]by lakeal on Jan 16, 10 12:25 PM
yes what

[Post New]by ladywolf102207 on Feb 1, 10 9:41 PM
the way I do it when it frezzes up is I hit ALT,CTRL and Delete at the same time. all this does is let u shut the game down, then you can restart the game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 1, 10 9:49 PM
I never could get this game to run on my laptop or pc, (Vista and XP) but Jewel Match 1 I've had a long time and like it. Tried to get this one on a DD and gave up. Later I got JM Winter and it's fine. Sure would like to get this because I liked the graphics better but not worth the time working it out with CS. Just didn't make sense that 2 of 3 of their JM games work for me.

Thing that bothers me on JM1 it sounds like my pc is overworking, think it is the fan that comes on, I hear something like a motor running but never crashed, then stops and gets quiet when I do exit. .

[Post New]by ladywolf102207 on Feb 1, 10 10:15 PM
I hope that this helps you. good luck.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 1, 10 11:51 PM
I think some players mentioned in the past that it was mainly on the Timed mode it froze or didn't save. I play Untimed, and had no problem shutting it down, didn't have to, it just minimized itself and back to desktop, then wouldn't open from task bar icon as I recall. Was a demo so I didn't bother to work with the problem.

ddtp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ddtp on Feb 5, 10 6:00 PM
Yes I'm having a problem with it freezing right at the end too. I've had the odd times when some of the graphics haven't worked - couldn't see the hammer or power bars e.g. - but they have righted themselves. I have about 2 rows of jewels at the bottom of the screen still moving, and the cursor moves, but that's it. Frustrating, afte enjoying the game so much till now. Ctrl Alt Del gets rid of it, as does restarting the laptop, but that's not the point of the exercise. Hope there's a fix in the pipeline.

[Post New]by Rasenna611 on Feb 6, 10 8:28 PM
Heck, I can't even get it to start! I'm playing in relaxed mode and all I see is a colored line down the middle of the screen and can't start playing at all. After I read through the posts here on the forums, I wish I hadn't bought the thing. Looks like it's a dud.

[Post New]by dobemom2 on Feb 9, 10 7:33 PM
I have a lot less problems if I don't play fullscreen. Sounds stupid but it works for me. If I let the time get too close and the clock starts ticking I just have to shut it down. There is a code you get after you finish the game that lets you get past any level. I really don't understand why every one is having so many different problems. Maybe that is why they haven't come up with a solution yet.

[Post New]by lung4me on Feb 21, 10 7:11 AM
I am also having a problem with the game freezing when the time is running out. I am playing the timed mode. I haven't tried playing the relaxed version.

DrRobert
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,807 Posts

[Post New]by DrRobert on Feb 24, 10 7:46 AM
I am having the freezing problem on untimed mode. Screen loads and then just freezes. Have to do the old ctrl+alt+del to shut the game down. I have tried different resolutions and screen sizes to no avail. Hopefully this won't be a permanent problem.

[Post New]by dom5smom on Mar 6, 10 6:32 PM
I only have the freezing up problem when I run out of time on a level. Then I have to open the task manager and End Task to close the game.

I was advised that this game does not function properly with Windows 7, so for all of you that are trying to play on this operating system, you need to contact BFG. I was given a coupon code for a 100% free game to replace this one.

The rep tells me that they now have something in place that should give a pop-up screen when purchasing a game that will not work properly with Windows 7 before you finish the purchase/download process, so that you can opt not to complete the purchase if the game is not going to work on your system. I did not get that and I only purchased the game this week, so I'm not sure he was right on that!

I am disappointed - I was enjoying this game. If anyone has any suggestions for similar ones that they like, I'd love to hear them.

Edited on 03/06/2010 at 6:35:06 PM PST

[Post New]by Seefarer on Mar 10, 10 6:18 AM
I just bought the game JM 2, and it freezes up the screen before I even get to the game. What a waste of money, there ought to be a law. Cannot they fix this problem? When I click to load, my screen turns white and just sits there.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Mar 17, 10 12:44 AM
The game froze on me as well, lucky I wasn't far in the game. I went ahead and uninstall it and reinstall it again. The ctrl+alt+ Delete didn't work for me that time though that normally does for me. Anyways does anyone know what to do about the boulders match them and more come out. Any help out there!!! THANKS!!!

[Post New]by donna4953 on Mar 30, 10 7:56 AM
I'm only on level 28 and the game freezes when I run out of time. I don't like paying for a game I can't play either.

[Post New]by winger96 on Apr 14, 10 10:23 AM
You'd think they'd test the dumb game before letting it out there.

[Post New]by cerebrus1 on Apr 27, 10 6:38 AM
This happened to me too, you just have to make sure that, when the time runs out you either just before or on the beeps you restart the game. I reached the end with no problems after that.

[Post New]by mopardodgegirl on Jun 6, 10 10:21 AM
mine freezestoo, and im addicted to this game!! i have to use task manager. i have a laptop with windows 7 too. its the only game i have ever purchased, i dont even get into games on the computer usually. i was on level 28 and it froze but i could see the line down the middle that had the menu in the backround where i could still hit the buttons but not see them, so i did, and it bumped me back to level one!! Eff!! well i still play it, even half assed its still fun. but what a bummer. i want to know of similar games that i might like too if anyone has suggestions...

Go to: