Pics & User names

jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Pics & User names

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on Apr 17, 16 10:13 AM
I recently changed my picture to that handsome, dapper guy and paid the 20 crystals. The picture changed to him but only on my screen. Everyone else sees my old picture. The old man that does actually look like me
Also how do you change a user name? The wife is trying to change her user name as she wants it to represent her. She has tried numerous things such as going to the little gold man and changing it but when going back into the program it is going back to the old user name. Can anyone help with this problem? Cheers.

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

Re:Pics & User names

[Post New]by afspam on Apr 17, 16 10:53 AM
I thought I had seen you as the dapper young man this morning in comps, but perhaps I was mistaken.

You can only change your username once. So if she had previously changed her name then it will not let her a second time.

There is a connection between the username in the forum and the game, I think if you change your forum username it will also change in the game.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Apr 17, 16 10:58 AM
afspam is correct. One time name change and somehow it takes alot of dedication and discussion with the powers that be

JeffSteer
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by JeffSteer on Apr 17, 16 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info Afspam & Star...went to the forum but not sure what to do from there. Looked at my profile but don't see anything where i can change it. Assume you don't change the name on the account. With all my computer savvy i think i might be up the creek on this one If you have the time to go through it i would really appreciate it. Thanks again for trying to help...the reason the name is posted as it is is that we originally though it had to affiliate with your e-mail name. Now all i want to do is change it to ShellSteer as many other players get confused.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Apr 17, 16 12:04 PM
You need to go to your account management to change your moniker. They will walk you through it. Not so sure you should change to ShellSteer, Jeff, you know Shelley has copyrights

Everyone will just be confused is my thought, I am a new neighbor after all these years, but I'm a long time player so you'll definitely be confusing me.

Heres a story: One night, O around 2am for me, I decided to go into the valley and start an expedition. of course my thought was who the heck is up to help, well decided I'll know for future. In about the time it took to make that cuppa, deadme & mandiehare & myself, finished the expedition.That night was when deadme/mandie shared they were one and the same. It took a couple takes for me to 'get' it, lol.

To each their own.

jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on Apr 17, 16 12:17 PM
Good answer Star...guess i'm stuck with JeffSteer & your right as that's what players know me as..thankfully it's only a name and i don't look like him (have you ever seen the "Grinch that stole Xmas?" ) Kidding as it's all in the eye of the beholder

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Apr 17, 16 12:20 PM
Good one jelleyanddogs, I enjoyed that

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 17, 16 12:54 PM
I must say that Shellsteer had me boggled

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Apr 17, 16 1:20 PM
One of my neighbours ChilliTuna has changed her picture from the old man to a lady and am slowly getting used to it. Mary_Poppins2 writes in the forum and tried to change her moniker name yet couldn't so is my neighbour ELEN_M.

lovesnf
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by lovesnf on Apr 17, 16 1:23 PM
I had this same problem. I bought the icon of the fairy with red hair but it didn't show up to my neighbors, just to me.

I tried switching to one of the free woman icons for a day and then went back to the fairy and it was fixed.

At the same time, though, I registered with the forums and changed my user name so I'm not sure which one caused the fix.

Edited on 04/17/2016 at 1:24:35 PM PST

[Post New]by Trucker1979 on Apr 17, 16 3:03 PM
JeffSteer makes more sense and is stuck with me as well, Shellsteer just does not seem right or fit, but that is my 2 cents.

On a side note, there are 11 character pics, 7 are female and 5 are male. I think it would be nice if the development team got together and aded more character pics, ot saying it has to be balanced out, just saying it would be nice if we had a broader scope of choices. Seeing as how they have so many characters. They could add Nina/Toshi (same looks), Harlequin, Mysterious Passenger, Pirate, Commander Beard, etc.

lovesnf wrote:I bought the icon of the fairy with red hair

That's the Lairiel character,

Edited on 04/17/2016 at 3:06:43 PM PST

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Apr 17, 16 3:56 PM
I can be flexible, JellyJeff, er uh.............

The name that seems comfortable to you is the one you should use if you can.

I was able to change my avatar with no issues, but if I spent precious gems and it didn't happen, I think I'd want to write BF about it and see if the gems could be recouped.

JeffSteer
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by JeffSteer on Apr 17, 16 5:30 PM
HMMMM....Jellyjeff??? It does have a certain ring to it!

Edited on 04/18/2016 at 11:04:35 AM PST

JeffSteer
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by JeffSteer on Apr 18, 16 11:03 AM
Trucker!!
I am "shocked"! Usually your posts seem to be all facts, figures & statistics (personally i don't know how u do it as must be mind boggling ) Anyhow, i just wanted to say that i think this is the first time i have seen u make a personal comment & opinion relative to such a minor concern...WOW I am so flattered that u addressed it regarding my username....Thanks so much for your 2 cents & i value your opinion especially coming from you. Keep up the good work you have been doing & i give you so much credit for carrying on with your posts especially when met with certain players negatively "rude" comments....(shame on them!)
I also agree with your remark about the user pictures....it could be so much more fun with a larger variety of "faces".
Your neighbour & friend Jeffsteer, Shellsteer, Jellyjeff.....Whatever!! AHHHH

[Post New]by Trucker1979 on Apr 18, 16 11:32 AM
JeffSteer wrote:Trucker!!
I am "shocked"! Usually your posts seem to be all facts, figures & statistics (personally i don't know how u do it as must be mind boggling ) Anyhow, i just wanted to say that i think this is the first time i have seen u make a personal comment & opinion relative to such a minor concern...WOW I am so flattered that u addressed it regarding my username....Thanks so much for your 2 cents & i value your opinion especially coming from you. Keep up the good work you have been doing & i give you so much credit for carrying on with your posts especially when met with certain players negatively "rude" comments....(shame on them!)
I also agree with your remark about the user pictures....it could be so much more fun with a larger variety of "faces".
Your neighbour & friend Jeffsteer, Shellsteer, Jellyjeff.....Whatever!! AHHHH

, , , , , , , (lol).

Interpret those emoticons as you see fit to yourself.

Good and let there be pot of gold at the end of the in your hood.

Ginjeet
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Ginjeet on Apr 19, 16 1:26 PM
My question is, if it's so hard to change your name and costs so much how is it that I have a neighbor in my hood that changes his/her name daily. Today it's name A, tomorrow it's name B, next day it's name A, day after name B etc. etc. I did ask this person why the name change daily and was lied to, asked on the other name as well and no reply. I do know that it's the same person...I keep a list of neighbors and when name A is there, name B isn't and when name A shows up B isn't. Level is the same and so is WL. I'm not stupid and know it's the same person....only reason that I haven't deleted from my neighbors for lying to me is that this person does gift as both different names and has helped in my expeditions and since I have a majority of my neighbors who don't gift or anything but are more than happy to get my gifts, I try to keep the good neighbors....I jsut wanted to know why they changed their name back and forth daily, not a big deal, but lying to me kinda is...anyway, if it's so hard and costs so much how is it that they do this daily????

How about JellyShellyJeffDogSteer???

JeffSteer
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by JeffSteer on Apr 19, 16 2:56 PM
You're so funny Ginjeet (and a great neighbour, by the way). That would be quite the name but don't think it would all fit in the screen.
Regarding your concern. Jeff & i don't have any know how on it as you can see from previous posts. So to hazard a guess...the pics i can understand as long as your neighbour has paid crystals for each one therefore letting them change to any pic any time though that still makes it confusing since Jelley can't change his even once By the way, we have had in-game mail from players who have just realized they have the same problem also but didn't know since their main screen shows their new pics, so for anyone that paid crystals for a new pic i would suggest they ask a neighbour which pic is viewed on their screen as i have a feeling there's a few players who aren't aware that their pic hasn't changed in their neighbourhood (again, only viewing their new pic on their screen)...wow that was a mouthful LOL.
Regarding change of user names i totally don't know how they would be able to do that. I'm sure there are players with more than one account such as the wife & i but we can't delete one or the other because we are separate players, not the same. So the mystery deepens ...maybe someone out there can explain how one player can have multiple user names but only showing one at a time (that's if i understand you correctly) Let me know what you find out by forum or PM. Take care Ginjeet. xoxo

[Post New]by Trucker1979 on Apr 19, 16 3:26 PM
I have been told, they know who they are, that despite I paid for the Alfred (Butler) character, male with brown hair and clean shaven in a blue like suit (first page, bottom row, left in character selection).

Does not show up for them and they still see the Professor.

I am not going to try and complain and whine all I can to BFG or the Developer (50 person team, apparently) to fix this issue. As JeffSteer has already done some of that and got nothing from it. I am happy I can see it, and so long as a few neighbors can see the character I choose to use, and paid for, while not worth the whole 20 gems if not all neighbors can see the same character.

Beside that is what this thread is about and for, to get BF and PM8 to notice and DO Something about the Issue and take note that they should also expand on the selection.

JeffSteer
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by JeffSteer on Apr 19, 16 4:43 PM
Well hopefully you're right Trucker but i wouldn't hold our breath. I have written them several times on different issues and got no results.
Maybe this time will be different and the thread will be noted by tech support other than that i guess we just have to grin and bear it
Though i wouldn't be surprised to see

" (removed by moderators) "

Oops did i say that out loud? ")

Edited on 04/19/2016 at 4:52:17 PM PST

Ginjeet
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Ginjeet on Apr 19, 16 7:53 PM
Thank you...you both are wonderful neighbors as well

You could shorten it to JSJDS...that should fit

I don't care if someone changes their pic everyday...kinda like changing fingernail polish...you may not know about changing polish everyday Jeff...but then again you might....it's the name change....makes it hard when your trying to gift that person and they aren't there....or when your trying to figure out who your deadbeats are....you know who you are.

You did understand correctly, it is one person who uses 2 different names on the same account...they switch between the 2 names every single day...same pic, same level, same WL...today it is name A, tomorrow it will be name B and then it's back to name A....I do not understand the point in this, nor when I asked that I was lied to about it....just a simple question....I hope someone can answer it since person A/B won't. Just made me wonder how they are doing it daily when you can't even do it once. And I do understand that you both play and you each have your own character and that wouldn't be very nice if one of you deleted the other

So when I see removed by moderator it's cuz they don't like what was talked about?? As in talking about the techs not doing things?? I've seen that and wondered why it was removed but figured there was some bad language or a link to somewhere that wasn't a forum link.....no you didn't say it out loud....we all got it telepathically

Go to: