gjm1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

USING THE NAME ''PLAYER''

[Post New]by gjm1 on Apr 17, 16 10:12 PM
IF YOU ARE USING THE NAME PLAYER AS YOUR GAME NAME PLEASE ADD SOMETHING BEHIND/ LETTERS,NUMBERS SIGNS ETC. AS A SENIOR I DONT ALWAYS REMEMBER TO WRITE YOUR ID NUMBER DOWN WHEN YOU GIFT ME,SO TO MAKE SURE I GIFT YOU AND NOT SOMEONE ELSE USING PLAYER AS THEIR NAME ,PLEASE! ADD SOMETHING.THANK YOU!

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

Re:USING THE NAME ''PLAYER''

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 17, 16 10:56 PM

eta:

While in the game, click on the pencil next to your name
and you can edit it anytime you like.

This does NOT change your forum name, just your game name.

Edited on 04/17/2016 at 11:08:49 PM PST

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by apmg on Apr 17, 16 11:26 PM

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 17, 16 11:30 PM
Changing your name (as well as your room names) is part of the fun of the game.
Also by changing your name you can inform others of what you want: you can tell them "SE" = Spring event friend only; "away until June" = don't bother to gift

gjm1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by gjm1 on Apr 18, 16 11:44 AM
THANKS SUSIE! I SHOULD HAVE REMINDED THEM HOW TO DO IT. I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT TOMS **** HARRY LISA PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOTS OF FRIENDS AND YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE WITH THE SAME NAME IT TAKES A LOT LONGER TO GIFT WHEN YOU NEED TO WRITE DOWN EVERYONES ID NUMBER.I HOPE I DONT MAKE MY FRIENDS UPSET,I ONLY WANT TO MAKE SURE I RETURN YOUR GIFTS

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 18, 16 2:44 PM
I do not accept invites from anyone named "player" ---- and neither will many of the other more senior players.

If you know enough about the game to send out an invite, then you should know enough about the game concerning how to change your game name.

Also....I have ONLY 1 person I accepted as Player "George" ----- When you decide on a game name and want to list it --- please backspace out the word "player" before adding your name.

LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Apr 18, 16 3:52 PM
I think y'all are being a little harsh on "Players" ....I only recently changed my game name, mostly because I really only started playing the social side of MC around the Christmas event, and added friends then. I get that it might be confusing when you have a few hundred (or even a few dozen) friends, but out of my fifteen friends, three have the name "Rose" as part of their game names.....maybe we should shun that name, as well?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 18, 16 4:30 PM
For PC games, there are 17,015 people who are named "player"

There are only 46 who have chosen Rose as their game name.....

Big difference.

gjm1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by gjm1 on Apr 18, 16 5:15 PM
LILLIECAT,NO ONE IS BEING HARSH TRYING TO SHUN ANYONE. WE ARE JUST TRYING TO RETURN GIFTS TO THE RIGHT FRIENDS, ALL IT TAKES IS A NUMBER OR LETTER OR A SIGN.WHICH WOULD TAKE 2 SECONDS TO DO.

LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Apr 18, 16 8:19 PM
Just trying to lighten things up, folks......no offense was intended.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Apr 21, 16 6:44 AM
A suggestion:

Make a list of your friend's names and IDs. Then use that list and check off or put a date when they gift you so you know you owe them a gift. That way you don't have to write it down every time. You only have to rewrite it when you've run out of room on your paper.

However, I don't do my gifts that way. I check off when I send gifts and just rotate through the list so everyone gets a gift on a regular schedule. Every so often I put a "g" next to their names as I receive a gift. That's so I can try to keep track of folks who might have stopped playing. I don't care about getting exactly one for one. I realize that people with more friends will have to gift less often, so I worry more about whether I've been giving as often as I can.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

altab57
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by altab57 on Apr 21, 16 10:58 AM
I don't think all players keep their game name as "Player" on purpose. Some really just don't know how to change it. if your friends uses the forum, send them a PM and guide them through the process.

You will be surprised! I know I was and greatfull I could assist

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 21, 16 11:10 AM
How can you send a PM to some anonymous player who has sent you an invite?

Do I post on the forum.....Player with the ID of xxxxxxxxx, please send me a PM?

There is no way to contact someone you do not know.

If a person is at level 8, 9, 10 or so, then, yes, I can agree that they may not know. But if someone is at level 35, or 42.....they have played the game enough to see that other players have some name other than "player." If they play in the tournaments, they will also see that most other players have put up a game name.....to leave their name as "player" is a willful choice.

It is way to difficult to keep track of numerous "player" ids in the social page.....so, I choose to not accept those invites. But, that is just my choice.

Phayta
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by Phayta on Apr 21, 16 11:36 AM
mamarose1900 wrote:A suggestion:

Make a list of your friend's names and IDs. Then use that list and check off or put a date when they gift you so you know you owe them a gift. That way you don't have to write it down every time. You only have to rewrite it when you've run out of room on your paper.

That's exactly what I do. However, I keep my friends list small, (25 - 30) even during events. It's easier to keep track of who is/isn't playing anymore.

Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nickimine on Apr 21, 16 2:18 PM
Annelliegram wrote:How can you send a PM to some anonymous player who has sent you an invite?

Do I post on the forum.....Player with the ID of xxxxxxxxx, please send me a PM?

There is no way to contact someone you do not know.

If a person is at level 8, 9, 10 or so, then, yes, I can agree that they may not know. But if someone is at level 35, or 42.....they have played the game enough to see that other players have some name other than "player." If they play in the tournaments, they will also see that most other players have put up a game name.....to leave their name as "player" is a willful choice.

It is way to difficult to keep track of numerous "player" ids in the social page.....so, I choose to not accept those invites. But, that is just my choice.

I also choose not to accept a friend invitation from anyone using just "Player" for their Player Name. I keep a list of all my friends (their Player Name) and their Friend Code ID number. Some use their real names, and others are so clever! You can certainly remain anonymous in this game. How hard can it be to make up a name? Like almost everyone playing the Spring Event, I took on extra "friends" so we could play in each other's rooms.

Unfortunately, many requests came from Player Name "Player." Those invitations I rejected. Make up a name please! I could use good, gifting friends!

~ jean ~

Go to: