Talk with Developers

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Talk with Developers

[Post New]by BorisDr on Apr 17, 16 11:17 PM
Hello everyone!
My name is Boris and I'm a producer and lead designer in Brave Giant Games - the developer behind Spear of Destiny,Tibetan Quest: Beyond World's End, Demon Hunter and Queen Quest.
This is our 6 th game, and we would like to keep tradition to talk with you on this forum. I would like to hear from you what do you like in our game more and what do you like less, I hope that we will have chance to hear some great suggestions from you how to improve on our upcoming game.

Keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum and try to catch up with everyone!

Best,
Boris
Brave Giant Games

Edited on 04/18/2016 at 9:00:22 AM PST

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

Re:Talk with Developers

[Post New]by 1357wc on Apr 18, 16 1:19 AM
Hi Boris

I really enjoyed the game. Great colors and graphics. Loved the collectibles.

My only complaints were you couldn't replay a game in extras to get all the achievements. I couldn't get the 5 in 5 in the hidden objects. I know I managed replaying the game in the extras but didn't get the achievement.

Also the bonus game was extremely short and didn't really add to the story. At least not an important part to the story.

Wendy

[Post New]by wiltshirecarp on Apr 18, 16 2:24 AM
Why are so many of us having trouble opening the game with Widows 10?Would be glad of a solution please

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Apr 18, 16 7:53 AM
Hi Boris,

I absolutely cannot remove the 6th sword in the armory. The cursor keeps slipping off. My wrist is getting sore from trying. This "puzzle" is horrible. Puzzles that require intricate mouse movements are a bad idea. Just my opinion.

EDIT: I finally got it, but it took a long time. In another thread, someone said they tried for over two hours so I don't feel so bad. But it still is a horrible puzzle.

Also I wanted to add to ask the development team to always try to keep the items of the same period as the game is set in. Too often we see things side by side that never coexisted. When we come across them, instead of being engrossed in the game we think; wait, what?

Edited on 04/18/2016 at 2:55:51 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 18, 16 8:53 AM
Since you asked, I will reiterate what I said in my review....stop using the same old things all the time. In almost every game there's something rusty that needs oiling, a well that needs a handle/bucket, a torch of some description and of course my absolute favourite.....a missing zipper-pull. There must be a black hole somewhere full of missing zipper-pulls. In 65 years I've never lost one, so why is there a missing one in every game? It's just ridiculous

Do try and come up with some original ideas, for goodness sake.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 18, 16 9:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and encourage players to post in the talk with developers thread. Since this thread is helpful for users to voice their feedback and suggestions, I'm going to go ahead and sticky this thread.

It is highly encouraged that if you experience technical issues, our Help pages are a great way to help get technical issues resolved quickly. If you find that you are having trouble getting this game to work on Windows 10, the following help article contains steps that have been known to help resolve issues:

Windows 10

If you find that you are still having technical issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to further assist and gather the data to bring to the appropriate teams. It is also highly encouraged to place any technical issues in the following designated thread:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter 3: Revelation Collector's Edition here.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. By posting in the designated technical thread it helps the Moderation Team identify any trends that players are experiencing to bring to the appropriate teams for investigation. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Apr 18, 16 3:39 PM
Hi Boris,

I'm really enjoying the game. The challenge is good and I love the background noises in the game which make it eerie and spooky. Graphics are mostly very good. I did jump a couple of times and yes I am partial to a few dead bodies laying around - no dramas there. Those monsters look sufficiently gross and ugly, so a big tick from me. I've almost finished the game and found no technical issues with playing on Windows 7 Home Premium. All up, a great game. Well done.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 18, 16 9:12 PM
Hi Boris,
Thank you for your appearance here in the forum. Just briefly, I'll start with the beautiful graphics, great job there!

I fell the need to reiterate other comments on the rote, assembly line quality of games now, however, it seems as though all games just run together these days, very little originality. I also detested the sword removal game, my track pad could not slide those swords.

I could enumerate all my issues with this game, but I'll leave you with just one more...the cardinal sin (in my book) of hidden object puzzles - multiple items of the same type in the scene. In one scene the list item was "old bottle", not only were there more than one bottle, there was an entire crate of old broken bottles, none of which were the intended item.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Apr 19, 16 11:35 PM
1357wc wrote:Hi Boris

I really enjoyed the game. Great colors and graphics. Loved the collectibles.

My only complaints were you couldn't replay a game in extras to get all the achievements. I couldn't get the 5 in 5 in the hidden objects. I know I managed replaying the game in the extras but didn't get the achievement.

Also the bonus game was extremely short and didn't really add to the story. At least not an important part to the story.

Wendy

Thank you for your feedback, we will try to work on that feature in the future games.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Apr 19, 16 11:41 PM
steve_san wrote:Hi Boris,

I absolutely cannot remove the 6th sword in the armory. The cursor keeps slipping off. My wrist is getting sore from trying. This "puzzle" is horrible. Puzzles that require intricate mouse movements are a bad idea. Just my opinion.

EDIT: I finally got it, but it took a long time. In another thread, someone said they tried for over two hours so I don't feel so bad. But it still is a horrible puzzle.

Also I wanted to add to ask the development team to always try to keep the items of the same period as the game is set in. Too often we see things side by side that never coexisted. When we come across them, instead of being engrossed in the game we think; wait, what?

The intention wasn't to cause such a problem with the swords, we will try to keep your feed in mind. Hopefully that didn't ruin the overall impression of the game.
Concerning the items, our team always tried our best to keep the items in check, but mistakes can happen and it is a great point that you made. We appreciate it.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Apr 19, 16 11:44 PM
angelfish106 wrote:Since you asked, I will reiterate what I said in my review....stop using the same old things all the time. In almost every game there's something rusty that needs oiling, a well that needs a handle/bucket, a torch of some description and of course my absolute favourite.....a missing zipper-pull. There must be a black hole somewhere full of missing zipper-pulls. In 65 years I've never lost one, so why is there a missing one in every game? It's just ridiculous

Do try and come up with some original ideas, for goodness sake.

You are correct, those are some standard actions for a HOPA game, and the entire genre is in need of something new. We shall definitely work on that area, thank you very much for your comment.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Apr 19, 16 11:45 PM
charlene_lane wrote:Hi Boris,

I'm really enjoying the game. The challenge is good and I love the background noises in the game which make it eerie and spooky. Graphics are mostly very good. I did jump a couple of times and yes I am partial to a few dead bodies laying around - no dramas there. Those monsters look sufficiently gross and ugly, so a big tick from me. I've almost finished the game and found no technical issues with playing on Windows 7 Home Premium. All up, a great game. Well done.

Thank you very much. We are all glad that you liked the game.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Apr 19, 16 11:50 PM
WilJul wrote:Hi Boris,
Thank you for your appearance here in the forum. Just briefly, I'll start with the beautiful graphics, great job there!

I fell the need to reiterate other comments on the rote, assembly line quality of games now, however, it seems as though all games just run together these days, very little originality. I also detested the sword removal game, my track pad could not slide those swords.

I could enumerate all my issues with this game, but I'll leave you with just one more...the cardinal sin (in my book) of hidden object puzzles - multiple items of the same type in the scene. In one scene the list item was "old bottle", not only were there more than one bottle, there was an entire crate of old broken bottles, none of which were the intended item.

Thank you for taking time to post a comment. The sword removal game did prove to be a bit tricky and the mistake you pointed out in the hidden object puzzles with the crate of bottles was a unintentional. Those are both very good comments as they will tell us find out where we are lacking and help us improve our games in the future.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Apr 20, 16 2:46 PM
Hi Boris,

I haven't bought the game yet, only played the demo. While waiting for a very good sale, I played through the first and second demon hunter. The story is quite a development! The first game was quite original, the second more of a detective story and now we are back again in the dark with the demon.

Demon Hunter 3 is a good CE but I am missing the originality of the first game a bit. Many features are here, which are to be found with other developers too. Ok, some can't be avoided apparently. But I will get it in a very good sale and comment again after playing the whole game. Playing with my old Vista I had no tech issues.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Apr 20, 16 11:19 PM
rainworm wrote:Hi Boris,

I haven't bought the game yet, only played the demo. While waiting for a very good sale, I played through the first and second demon hunter. The story is quite a development! The first game was quite original, the second more of a detective story and now we are back again in the dark with the demon.

Demon Hunter 3 is a good CE but I am missing the originality of the first game a bit. Many features are here, which are to be found with other developers too. Ok, some can't be avoided apparently. But I will get it in a very good sale and comment again after playing the whole game. Playing with my old Vista I had no tech issues.

It would be great to hear comments about the entire series. Where Dawn started and were she ended up eventually? Maybe we can hear some of your expectations of how the story might develop further? Anyhow we hope that good with outweigh the bad and that you will like the game.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Apr 23, 16 8:43 PM
Hello Boris,

I enjoyed the game, but I do wish that if we missed or could not find a collectible, we could still go back and find it after finishing the game, under Extras. Or, don't block off any areas in the game, even if they are no longer needed, which would allow us to go back over every area near the end, if we see that we are short a collectible or two. I didn't get the portrait of Joseph Adams, and I have no idea where it was located, or how I missed it. I also did not get the "find 5 in 5 seconds", and I agree that it would be good if we could still achieve it when replaying the HO puzzles under Extras. Thank you.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Apr 24, 16 3:25 PM
Hi Boris,
in my last post in this thread I intended to get this (great!) CE. I got it and played through main and bonus game.

Really good game! The spooky atmosphere suits wonderful to this demonic theme. Graphics, colors - very good, there is much improvement in comparison to the first 2 games, which were good, too. Gameplay is smooth, we do not have to "hunt for zipper pulls" or so, but we get, what we need in time. So the plot isn't interrupted. Great feature is the telling of the background story in books (won't say more, as I don't want to spoil the game for others).

One weak point: the bonus game is very short and after this fantastic long main game, I expected a bit more.

On the whole: Very good game, my 4,5 stars are yours! (0.5 less because of the weak bonus game)

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Apr 24, 16 11:23 PM
Rob_Blake wrote:Hello Boris,

I enjoyed the game, but I do wish that if we missed or could not find a collectible, we could still go back and find it after finishing the game, under Extras. Or, don't block off any areas in the game, even if they are no longer needed, which would allow us to go back over every area near the end, if we see that we are short a collectible or two. I didn't get the portrait of Joseph Adams, and I have no idea where it was located, or how I missed it. I also did not get the "find 5 in 5 seconds", and I agree that it would be good if we could still achieve it when replaying the HO puzzles under Extras. Thank you.

You can replay the game with the same profile. If you just click play after you have finished the game it should start over again with all the achievements and collectibles you already had.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Apr 24, 16 11:27 PM
rainworm wrote:Hi Boris,
in my last post in this thread I intended to get this (great!) CE. I got it and played through main and bonus game.

Really good game! The spooky atmosphere suits wonderful to this demonic theme. Graphics, colors - very good, there is much improvement in comparison to the first 2 games, which were good, too. Gameplay is smooth, we do not have to "hunt for zipper pulls" or so, but we get, what we need in time. So the plot isn't interrupted. Great feature is the telling of the background story in books (won't say more, as I don't want to spoil the game for others).

One weak point: the bonus game is very short and after this fantastic long main game, I expected a bit more.

On the whole: Very good game, my 4,5 stars are yours! (0.5 less because of the weak bonus game)

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are all very glad that you like it. The bonus game was written and made in record time so that is surely the reason why it is lacking. Hopefully, we will have a bit more time for the next one so that we can make sure that it suits the game entirely.

debthereb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by debthereb on May 2, 16 11:52 AM
I am enjoying the game but fell I may have wasted my money. In the burial tomb in the crypt, there supposed too be a doll to collect. There is no doll. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and still no doll. Please fix this.

Go to: