Diddery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re: New Year Customer Gift Award

[Post New]by Diddery on Jan 1, 10 12:44 PM
Happy New Year to all at Big Fish and keep up the good work with all the New and Varied Hidden Object/Puzzle Games that you release on a daily basis. Its an absolutely fabulous site but I have just one little criticism to make and that Is: whilst I appreciate the award that you gave to Newsletter customers of Discount Coupons for some of the best games of 2009 I would have preferred it if you had offered us a Game Credit or Discount on another New Game that will be coming up in 2010 as I have already purchased and played nearly all of the games that were offered on the EMAIL and would not be purchasing them again. Can you please see what you can do about this. Looking forward to reading your reply to this topic.

Regards,
Deirdre.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

Re:Re: New Year Customer Gift Award

[Post New]by oscar66 on Jan 1, 10 12:59 PM
Thank you BF, I've used it already.

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Jan 1, 10 1:29 PM
Thank you Big Fish. I used the award too.

Just a question - how did the awards get arrived at? If there was a survey I missed it.

Cheers

Cuddle

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jan 1, 10 1:32 PM
I've used mine too. Thanks . There were only 3 games I hadn't gotten on that list and 2 I didn't want. The other I just got I hadn't gotten around to yet.

lind3636
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,424 Posts

[Post New]by lind3636 on Jan 1, 10 1:34 PM
What awards??

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Jan 1, 10 1:40 PM
lind3636, you should subscribe to the big fish newsletter. Subscribers received an email listing the awards for Best Time Management Game, Best Story, Most Innovative, Best Artwork, Best Puzzle Adventure and Best Hidden Object Game for 2009. They also listed 1st and 2nd runners up.

lind3636
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,424 Posts

[Post New]by lind3636 on Jan 1, 10 1:46 PM
Oh....thank you Pertigal for the answer. I will look into it

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Jan 1, 10 3:51 PM
I ditto Diddery's post. I actually, have bought them all, so the 40% off is of no value to me. Wish I could have used at least one of them.

Just a thought.....do the Powers That Be read this, or is there another forum to direct this issue to?

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 1, 10 5:33 PM
I also have to agree with Diddery's post. All of the games offered at the 40% discount, I have already purchased because I wanted them or if I didn't it was because they were not good or I did not like them. I, too, would have much preferred getting either an extra game credit or a discount price towards a game I would purchase in 2010. I purchased over 70 games in 2009 (when averaged out, that's 6 games per month !!) - and I think an "extra credit" or "a discounted price" towards a new game is of much more value than towards a game that was put out in the past year. If I bought the game in 2009, it was because I liked it and wanted it. If I didn't buy it at the regular price, it was because I did NOT like it, so offering it at a 40% discounted price is not going to make me buy it. If I didn't like it then, I'm still not going to like it now, even at 40% off the price ! Makes no sense.

selkatz
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by selkatz on Jan 1, 10 5:44 PM
I seem to have deleted my newsletter. How do I get another one?

Edited: Found it!

Edited on 01/01/2010 at 5:50:50 PM PST

[Post New]by Raskail on Jan 1, 10 5:49 PM
Where do you sign up for newsletter. I'm having a hard time finding it.

Thanks,

Rask

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 2, 10 3:37 AM
ValerieG wrote:I ditto Diddery's post. I actually, have bought them all, so the 40% off is of no value to me. Wish I could have used at least one of them.

Just a thought.....do the Powers That Be read this, or is there another forum to direct this issue to?

Same here: I bought those I wanted already, so I, too, would have preferred something for the future, or a choice.
Dunno if TPTB - except for the forum mods - read the fora or where to direct that new idea to, if they (probably) don't.

I saw 3 corresponding threads in the Chit-Chat-Corner-forum:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/71895.page

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/71947.page

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/71902.page

And here's is the page (GAME SPLASH ) on the BF site:
http://games.bigfishgames.com/newsletters/jan01_2010.html

lynnestock
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lynnestock on Jan 2, 10 4:29 AM
Same goes for me Diddery (and I suspect lots more of us fishies too). Looking forward to Big Fish response re: alternative New Year pressie!

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Jan 2, 10 3:21 PM
Ditto Didder...I've purchased them all and would really appreciate another "perk" especially since so many of us purchase so many games.

A universal discount on any game of our choice would be must better!!!

Hopefully our wishes are answered by BF!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Jan 2, 10 5:46 PM
I don't recall where I signed up (they probably sent me an email) but here is a link to view the latest newsletter for those of you who did not subscribe yet: http://games.bigfishgames.com/newsletters/jan01_2010.html

I hope that helps!

Also, as someone who spent many years in marketing, I have to say that their objective in offering the discount is probably a last attempt to get people to buy these games who've been on the brink. Of course, it's much easier to get people to buy new games. If you think of it as a way of promoting these items instead of as a way to reward members, you can see how this makes sense. And, as much as I like free stuff and discounts, if BFG doesn't make money then we lose our great site.

Secora3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Secora3 on Jan 3, 10 1:10 AM
I am signed up for the newsletter but I did not get an email offering a new year credit, also they always seem to forget to update the games I have bought and send me my free game credit, i always have to email them to ask for it

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 3, 10 3:17 AM
I also have bought all the games offered except for the TM ones, lol. Good offer though for those who haven't.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jan 4, 10 3:05 AM
Thanks BF for the New Year Gift Award. I had two that I had downloaded the trials on, but had not played them yet. Well, since I liked them both, I was able to use the Gift Award on one, and then bought the other at full price.

[Post New]by moiranne on Oct 10, 12 9:47 AM
Why give you a game as a gift then tell you have to make a survey before you can even getting around to finish it By the the we were given was called :the gift:

Go to: