Dianeteacher
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Escape the Museum leaves a lot to be desired for fisheeeees!

[Post New]by Dianeteacher on Jan 1, 10 1:48 PM
I have tried to play Escape the Museum with all the enthusiasm that all good fisheeees should bring to all the games that they buy. However, this game leaves an awful lot to be desired. The hidden objects are sooooo small that I need a magnifying glass to see them. Then, of course, when you do the puzzle part, there are no hints at all.

Oh, well - just had to say what I was thinking.

Diane

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Escape the Museum leaves a lot to be desired for fisheeeees!

[Post New]by Mamalita on Feb 27, 10 8:24 PM
The cursor will pulse when it is over an item. This helped me a lot. I agree with you - no hints on the puzzles is frustrating.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Feb 27, 10 8:43 PM
As a DD, it is a bargin. I bought it and have played for about 2 hours. I like the problem solving parts, but other posters are right, there are no hints if you get stuck. Just keep moving the cursor around until an "?" comes up.

I really like the idea--a museum. Many intersting rooms and things to see in them. Loved defrosting the caveman. I like the problem solving "McGuyver" style.

What I don't like is the HOG part of the game. While HOG aren't my favorite, I do play them quite a lot and consider myself pretty good. But the hidden object part of Escape is really difficult and aggravating. I had to find a scooter in one room--all that was showing was the handle bars. Some item are tiny. Many things in the room are unidentifiable and I find that I have to park my cursor on them for a second or two to find out if that fuzzy bit is something I am looking for. (The cursor pulses when it is over an item on your list.)

Also, parts of the museum are dark, which adds to the atmosphere and the frustration.

Never the less, after two hours of play, I would recommend this as a DD or for full price if you are a real expert at HOG games. Enjoy

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 8:44:11 PM PST

[Post New]by creationist on Feb 28, 10 9:25 PM
Well, I can't recommend this game at all. Even though I got it on a dailydeal, I think I wasted my money. The room escape puzzles are fun and some are moderately difficult, but that's about it. I'm only in room 12 and I'm going to delete it. The Hidden Object sections should be called Hidden Smudges! Tiny isn't the word - miniscule would be more like it! Okay, I'm no spring chicken, but I'm not visually challenged, either, and the only way I could find most of the objects was just to figure something looked a bit odd here or there. I've never had to use so many hints.

It's a real shame, too, because the concept is great. But this game is more frustrating than it is fun.

Go to: