ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond VS The Golden Bird of Paradise

[Post New]by ValerieG on Jan 1, 10 5:15 PM
When I enjoy a game and the sequel comes out, I jump at the chance to buy the 2nd one. Not so with The Golden Bird of Paradise. I played the demo and was disappointed in it compared to the Amsterdam Diamond. The H.O. were extremely difficult to see, and even had trouble locating the hidden object after using the Hint button. I got dizzy seeing my curser go in circles after clicking numerous times

On the positive side, I thought the mini games were quite enjoyable. Too bad i had to suffer thru finding hidden objects to get to the games

Re:Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond VS The Golden Bird of Paradise

[Post New]by katbanshee1 on Jan 1, 10 5:38 PM
I hear you, ValerieG. I liked the Amsterdam too. With this one, and let me stress this, I used an extremely powerful magnifying glass WITH the hint button on, and I'll be darned if I ever saw that screw by the fountain until I accidentally clicked on it and it finally showed itself. That is just one example of many. I have not been able to find a lot of the objects even with the magnifying glass and the hint button clicked. I have pretty good eyesight, a brand new pair of glasses, and I have found this one very frustrating, because the ojects seem to be microsopic in many places. What I lack is a microscope that integrates with my screen...

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Jan 2, 10 1:47 AM
I also jumped in and bought this game after Ámsterdam'. It was difficult to see some objects and the hint only showed a general area of the object. The screw by the fountain was very tricky even with the hint. I kept clicking on the large screw on piece of iron roof on right. I find it very annoying to have the cursor crack up when we are trying to pinpoint an item - talk about dizzy..
I also found the game rather short.
Apart from that, it was a good story, puzzles and graphics. I thought the heroine was a poor cartoon drawing whilst all the other graphics were so nice.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 2, 10 5:46 AM
I loved the first game. It had some riny objects but they were visible for the most part.

This game just gets worse as ir goes along regarding hard to see objects, Thwy are not only tiny but some seem to be either invisible or transparent. Hot spots on objecys are difficult to click. Not only do I have a hard time seeing objects but I click and click with no result, resort to a Hint and find I was correct but just did not hit the Hot Spot. I will never understand how items so small can be so hard to successfully click on.

I have a few Good things to say. Some of the graphics are very nice. The minis are creative and not always wasy thus providing a good challenge. Hinta renew in good time, neither too fast nor too slow. The story is interesting.

I bought it without trying because I enjoyed the first game. I am not sorry about that but I am sorry that the objects are just so hard to find even with Hints.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Jan 2, 10 11:22 AM
I was disappointed when I finished the village square, the first scene, I think. I, too, thought that the objects were difficult to identify, meaning it was more difficult than the Amsterdam Diamond. But, for me, when I continued on, I found that the scenes that followed were not so difficult as that first one had been. The hints readily refill and it also seemed to me that when I had to use a hint, it became easier to identify the object sought when the hint circle indicated an area. I did not have to click everything within the hint circle to find the object. The fact that the game is a difficult one is a plus for me as I then consider the game a good use of my money. I definitely think it takes time and effort, but, all in all, I think this is a great game and I would definitely urge anyone to use the demo hour and decide for yourself.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 3, 10 5:29 AM
This is one game that gets better as you get further into it. I thought the items were hidden in a challenging way, the mini games were fun and interesting, and I really enjoyed it. But when I first played the demo, I thought it was not going to be as good as the first one. I am glad I went ahead and bought it anyway...hogs have not been coming as much as I like..and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it turned out to be. I think you may want to reconsider this one. You might be surprised too.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 3, 10 5:34 AM
Thank you for you very helpful comments! I too loved the Amsterdam one and was disappointed with this, although the min-games were innovative. I may check it out again and buy it after all.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 15, 10 8:26 PM
I played The Golden Bird first, then bought Curse. I was equally impressed with both games. The hidden objects were much more difficult to find in Golden Bird. But that's what I like about it. I love the challenge! The puzzles were good also. Looking forward to a third one.

Go to: