Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

Re:Group play for Scratches in progress.

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 15, 12 1:52 PM
govols2 wrote:Hi everyone, just checking in.

I am looking forward to RTMI but I am wondering if it is 360 like Scratches. I can't demo from here to find out and I don't like to download from too many other sites.

What about Hotel ? Is that a light game or dark game . 360 view.

Welcome back Govols2

I found a playable demo at the developer's site (Kheops). It links to another site but I have never had problems with the other site. The game is 360 view but most good adventure games are 360 view now.

I bought Hotel almost a year ago and never played it. This weekend will be a good time to play it. The group play helps me to play on instead of giving up. I don't remember too much about the demo I played but it looks to be a dark game. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

Oops! My error. I have played the entire game of Hotel and the game is not dark. There are some dark scenes but the game itself is not dark. I remember that I enjoyed every minute of the game. It is not 360 view so it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited on 02/15/2012 at 2:09:25 PM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 15, 12 1:55 PM
Thank you for playing this game as a group play.

See you all Saturday at the Hotel.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 15, 12 2:23 PM
mariannequilts wrote:Oh Goodie ! ! I will also join in on the Hotel group play over in the Hotel forum Saturday. I have the game, but never played it.

Thanks much for the info on multiple quotes. I didn't know how to do that; just learned how to do the single quote !

@cherbtoo...I hope you got the window cleaned. Spoiler: I checked my notes and see I had to combine the cleaning fluid with the rag and then the rag and the water. I had to try a number of times. End spoiler.

Alas no, they are still covered in mud even though I tried all combinations again several times starting with your way ...
you can lead the rag to the water but you can't make it drink

Here endeth my attempts at finishing this game.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 15, 12 2:27 PM
One last thing from me (regarding inventory descriptions) -
What is the description when you look at the rag initially? ***
Does the description change when you combine it with water?
Does the description change again when you combine it with the cleaning fluid?

You were obviously doing something right before when you combined the (dry) rag with the cleaning fluid. The rag just needs to be wet first.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 15, 12 2:33 PM
govols2 wrote:Thank you popla

I may join you all for Hotel but not sure about RTMI because of the 360. I tend to lose some enjoyment for games if they upset my stomach or give me a headache.

Hotel is this coming saturday right? and then RTMI the saturday after ?

As I have both games all set ready to go I just walked a bit on each to see what they were like:

Hotel ... you should have no problem with, no movement whatsoever.

RTMI ... the camera can be set at slow, normal or fast. I set mine at the slow setting and, although you are more in control than in Scratches I think you might get a bit nauseous with looking around and up and down in you are prone to that sort of thing, sorry sweetie.

Hope your gums aren't too sore ((( Gov )))

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 15, 12 2:48 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:One last thing from me (regarding inventory descriptions) -
What is the description when you look at the rag initially? ***
Does the description change when you combine it with water?
Does the description change again when you combine it with the cleaning fluid?

You were obviously doing something right before when you combined the (dry) rag with the cleaning fluid. The rag just needs to be wet first.

No the description doesn't change. The only thing that happens is that the object on the cursor illuminates when over them to tell you that they can interact with each other. When I try and put the rag on the window my cursor just changes back to a closed hand .

Descriptions are as follows:

It's an ordinary piece of rag

This can might prove useful

Some cleaning fluid.

When putting the paint can back in the puddle to double check it has water in I get

I don't see the point in doing that

and lastly

Cleaning fluid on paint can

That doesn't work

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 15, 12 2:50 PM
It looks like there will be a few of us playing Hotel on Saturday now, isn't that great .

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 15, 12 3:15 PM
Golly cherb...soooo sorry. It seems to me that something has not been done to trigger the rag/fluid/water not working per the comment responses that you are getting. I had the same problem and ended up having to repeat a look down the hole in the front and going thru a few other maneuvers before finally getting it to work. But now I don't remember what all I did. So frustrating.

Edited on 02/15/2012 at 3:18:19 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 15, 12 3:39 PM
mariannequilts wrote:Golly cherb...soooo sorry. It seems to me that something has not been done to trigger the rag/fluid/water not working per the comment responses that you are getting. I had the same problem and ended up having to repeat a look down the hole in the front and going thru a few other maneuvers before finally getting it to work. But now I don't remember what all I did. So frustrating.

Thanks for trying to help sweetie .

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Feb 15, 12 3:52 PM
Cherbtoo, I would be tempted to give up at this point, but the stubborn part of me wouldn't let that happen.

This is what I found in the walkthrough. There is only one small difference here from what everyone told you, but it might work.

*Wet the rag with the can of water. Bring out the wet rag from your inventory and click on the window, to try to clean it, and find that a wet rag is not enough to do so. Open your inventory and click first on the blue bottle of cleaning fluid and then on the wet rag, to add the fluid to the rag. Bring out the RAG again from your inventory and click on the window, to remove the mud from it this time.*

I really hope this works for you. IF you're still willing to try.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 15, 12 4:51 PM
Cherb, does the description of the rag change * if you combine the rag with the paint can*?
If not, you're missing a trigger.

Edited on 02/15/2012 at 4:53:30 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 16, 12 1:20 AM
Catfish_Girl & Popla, I'm so happy to hear your going to start a group play thread in CCC. I think this will be so much easier for everyone to find what game is being played right now and in the future. And this gives everyone who doesn't know about group play...a chance to join in. I think you'll both be very surprised after you start a thread in CCC...how many more people will join in.

I look forward to playing "Hotel" on Saturday with everyone. See you all then.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 16, 12 2:24 AM
@cherb I know a lot of people are trying to help you and I probably don't have anything new to add but I just want to emphasize that the description of the rag in your inventory DOES need to change. ** at first it is just an ordinary rag and when you combine it with the water it changes to a wet rag. if it doesn't you are probably missing some kined of trigger. You did use the can earlier to flush the hole, did you?**
I don't know what else to say, this games can get mighty frustrating if you are missing a trigger and all logic reasoning doesn't help with that. Good luck if you still wanna give it a try, otherwise have fun with Hotel.

@popla Great that is settled then, you start the announcement thread for RtMI and I will start a thread for us to hang out and keep everyone posted about planned group plays. Have to think of a suiting title, ahh well we can always change the title later. I will put up the thread this weekend too. This thread could also work for people finding play mates/dates for smaller group plays and chitchattering about LF games and new releases (elsewhere) would be great too.

@LovetoMissLisa You are very welcome. I hope we can make this new thread our new home in between games (as popla said) and that we will all enjoy this and that many group plays (small and big) are getting organized.

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 4:03:02 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 16, 12 4:20 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Catfish_Girl & Popla, I'm so happy to hear your going to start a group play thread in CCC. I think this will be so much easier for everyone to find what game is being played right now and in the future. And this gives everyone who doesn't know about group play...a chance to join in. I think you'll both be very surprised after you start a thread in CCC...how many more people will join in."

GREAT idea. I didn't know about the group plays until Scratches and then one day I wasn't able to find the thread when I scrolled thru the 5 pages and finally saw it again the next day.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 16, 12 9:01 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:@cherb I know a lot of people are trying to help you and I probably don't have anything new to add but I just want to emphasize that the description of the rag in your inventory DOES need to change. ** at first it is just an ordinary rag and when you combine it with the water it changes to a wet rag. if it doesn't you are probably missing some kined of trigger. You did use the can earlier to flush the hole, did you?**
I don't know what else to say, this games can get mighty frustrating if you are missing a trigger and all logic reasoning doesn't help with that. Good luck if you still wanna give it a try, otherwise have fun with Hotel.

Catfish_girl, that's what I was wondering, too, but cherb would have had to have flushed the hole in order to get the doorknob. What I can't remember is if you need the doorknob to get where she is in the game.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 16, 12 9:20 AM
Yes Cherb definitely has used ** the doorknob, cause that gets you into the kitchen hence the basement which makes it possible to pick up the rag and the cleaning fluid. **
There is only one thing I can think of, since the bathroom is sort of the endscene, you must have missed a trigger, Cherb. have you checked** the main bedroom drawers? There is something to find there, remember the medicine bottles you couldn't read the label from? Now you can.** Maybe that is the trigger

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 16, 12 10:09 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:Yes Cherb definitely has used ** the doorknob, cause that gets you into the kitchen hence the basement which makes it possible to pick up the rag and the cleaning fluid. **
There is only one thing I can think of, since the bathroom is sort of the endscene, you must have missed a trigger, Cherb. have you checked** the main bedroom drawers? There is something to find there, remember the medicine bottles you couldn't read the label from? Now you can.** Maybe that is the trigger

Apparently I had cleaned the window already and that was why it wouldn't work . Just seeing the word trigger again above gave me the illuminating I needed and I just went and clicked on the shower curtain and got the ending to the game

Thank you all for your patience in helping and trying to help this person, ie me . I will try to do better with the next game.

pp pp ppp . pp .
pp pp ppp ppp ppp ppp
pi
pp ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp ppp .. . ..

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 16, 12 11:50 AM
Yay, you made it, Cherb! Congrats on finishing! Did the end scare you?
You don't have to do better next time, It is not like you misbehaved or something. We will always be patient and help you and others and some day you can help me, cause believe me those games drive me nuts all the time.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 16, 12 12:33 PM
Way to go, cherb!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 16, 12 1:47 PM
CfG ... Thank you.

I knew there was a reason why I felt nervous each time I went back in there to try and clean those windows and why I always faced the loo when I turned round to go out the room again, my instincts were right LOL.

Yes it did. I think it is true that a scare is good exercise for the heart, mine proved that it can accelerate a whole lot faster than I thought it could . OMG I wonder what it will do when Asylum comes out ... win the Grand National I expect .

Despite that I am really glad that I managed to finish the game .

Thank you Hazel .

Go to: