How many millionaires?

 
Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Dec 16, 17 3:39 AM
I am passed the M2. Thanks to the new HOs in Christmas rooms 2, it seems easier than to get the 1st millions. Thank you friends.

By the way, I found this thread as I posted before. I could not see it in the locked threads under the New Strategy Guide. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Edited to say I looked in Helpful Links for the thread.

Edited on 12/16/2017 at 3:41:30 AM PST


 

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Dec 18, 17 5:24 PM
Not yet but if I keep getting coins that fast maybe at the end of the event!

 
El62
Clownfish
Clownfish
659 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by El62 on Dec 20, 17 1:44 AM
and that is mil nr 5
and now building some extra so the next update will leave me still with 5+ mil.
merry Christmas everyone
Elly

 
Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 20, 17 7:07 PM
Bemused123 wrote:By the way, I found this thread as I posted before. I could not see it in the locked threads under the New Strategy Guide. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Edited to say I looked in Helpful Links for the thread.
The How Many Millionaires thread and the Who has 10 Million in Coin thread are neither one on the Helpful Links for Midnight Castle.

They really aren't "helpful links" ..... although, I guess they could qualify for placement under the social section...... this thread was started by someone who had reached a million in coin and was just curious to know who else had achieved that "goal."

The Who has 10 Million in Coin thread was started only because a couple of people were asking if there were any in the game who had reached that many coins......

Some people think those who post their amount of coins they have achieved are bragging, but I don't see it that way ..... it is no different than someone saying how many in game days, hours, minutes they have played.... or how many HOSs they have done..... or how many morphing flowers they have collected..... or how many daily quests have been done toward those achievements.

They are not meant to make others feel badly, but to show amazement at how fast the coins build up when you continue to play the HOSs and have no characters asking for you to craft expensive items or to open areas, HOSs, and ZZs.

And, there is really no purpose in having that many coins .... it's just sort of a game, like competing to see who has finished the current Castle Challenge task first ..... it is not meant to harm or demean anyone .... it is just meant to be something fun.

 
miner
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by miner on Dec 20, 17 8:28 PM
Just to let you know I have messaged a mod to see if it can go in the Helpful Links, under the Social Section, haven't heard anything back yet. If I do will let you know.

It would definitely make the post easier to find, so everyone who wants to can join

Cheers

 
mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Dec 21, 17 9:12 AM
The last update pushed me back below 1 million, but, thanks to 250 gp/Christmas room HOS, I'm back in the millionaire category. I knew I'd get back up there, but i wasn't expecting it this soon.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 21, 17 10:09 AM
Annelliegram wrote:

Some people think those who post their amount of coins they have achieved are bragging, but I don't see it that way ..... it is no different than someone saying how many in game days, hours, minutes they have played.... or how many HOSs they have done..... or how many morphing flowers they have collected..... or how many daily quests have been done toward those achievements.


I think there is a difference between announcing that you've achieved a goal, completed an achievement, passed a milestone, etc and listing people in an hierarchical manner based on how much of anything they have, how many whatevers they've finished, who got there first, etc.

Establishing "clubs" on a forum that are open only to those who meet certain requirements just doesn't feel right to me, which is why I've never posted my coin totals in either of the threads.

Well, actually I did post them once in this thread, but they were ignored because the million was spread over 2 games. I guess I'm like Groucho Marx - I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.

 
Pazlovejoy
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by Pazlovejoy on Dec 21, 17 8:05 PM
I just passed the 8 million mark. Earning 250 coins per Christmas HOS, I made this new milestone at breakneck speed. The Christmas HOS are almost as profitable as the pick a hand game was when it was first introduced.

 
miner
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by miner on Dec 21, 17 8:43 PM
Just to let you know this posting is now in Helpful Links under Social page so it will easier to find.

Congratulations E162 4mill and Prazlovejoy 8mill WTG

TiramaSue - it has always been players choose whether they wanted to post there accomplishments or not. We would love you to join us but again the choose is yours. Congraulations on remaining with the MC game for as long as you have.

Merry Christmas All

 
Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 21, 17 10:58 PM
Pazlovejoy wrote:I just passed the 8 million mark. Earning 250 coins per Christmas HOS, I made this new milestone at breakneck speed. The Christmas HOS are almost as profitable as the pick a hand game was when it was first introduced.
Your name has been moved up a slot in the Who Has 10 Million in Coin thread.

 
Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 21, 17 11:09 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Establishing "clubs" on a forum that are open only to those who meet certain requirements just doesn't feel right to me, which is why I've never posted my coin totals in either of the threads.
Then..... does it also "not feel right" for someone to have achieved the Five Stars Dwarf Warrior when so many have not?

I don't see how it is any different than posting those accomplishments in the "we few, we happy few, we band of DQ'ers" thread.

It is not an "exclusive" club that rejects membership based on some personal factor.... it is a club to which anyone can become a member ..... it would be no different than someone also creating a thread for tallying those who have met the requirements for any one of the achievements created by the Devs.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to be a member, regardless of what level they have reached in the game as long as they have a million in coin in their "bank." ..... and anyone is welcome to decline membership by declining to post their coinage when they actually do have over a million in coin.

 
El62
Clownfish
Clownfish
659 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by El62 on Dec 22, 17 5:49 AM
Hi miner,
little correction , it's 5 milj
Christmas is generous

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 22, 17 6:58 AM
Annelliegram wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:Establishing "clubs" on a forum that are open only to those who meet certain requirements just doesn't feel right to me, which is why I've never posted my coin totals in either of the threads.
Then..... does it also "not feel right" for someone to have achieved the Five Stars Dwarf Warrior when so many have not?

I don't see how it is any different than posting those accomplishments in the "we few, we happy few, we band of DQ'ers" thread.

It is not an "exclusive" club that rejects membership based on some personal factor.... it is a club to which anyone can become a member ..... it would be no different than someone also creating a thread for tallying those who have met the requirements for any one of the achievements created by the Devs.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to be a member, regardless of what level they have reached in the game as long as they have a million in coin in their "bank." ..... and anyone is welcome to decline membership by declining to post their coinage when they actually do have over a million in coin.


You either skipped over this bit:

I think there is a difference between announcing that you've achieved a goal, completed an achievement, passed a milestone, etc and listing people in an hierarchical manner based on how much of anything they have, how many whatevers they've finished, who got there first, etc.

or don't know what the word hierarchical means. That's not what we do in the DQ thread. We don't rank players or list them according to how many DQ's they have completed. And I object to you equating the two.

ETA:

And I don't know why you even brought up the issue of bragging IN THIS THREAD or felt the need to compare this thread to the DQ thread. The post about bragging was made in the 10 million coins thread.

Edited on 12/22/2017 at 7:28:03 AM PST


 
Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 22, 17 9:29 AM
El62 wrote:Hi miner,
little correction , it's 5 milj
Christmas is generous
Way to go!!!!...... You have been added to the 5 to 9 million list on the Who Has 10 Million in Coin thread!!!

 
WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by WeeSam on Dec 26, 17 2:10 PM
Woohoo - 2 million - again. I'm back.

It was ages ago that I reached 2 million, then updates arrived and I fell back a long way. Now I am finally back to 2 mill. It has been a long hard struggle to get back there. By the time the Christmas event finishes I should have a nice buffer so I don't fall below 2 million again.

 
cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 26, 17 9:50 PM
Annelliegram wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:Establishing "clubs" on a forum that are open only to those who meet certain requirements just doesn't feel right to me, which is why I've never posted my coin totals in either of the threads.
Then..... does it also "not feel right" for someone to have achieved the Five Stars Dwarf Warrior when so many have not?

I don't see how it is any different than posting those accomplishments in the "we few, we happy few, we band of DQ'ers" thread.

It is not an "exclusive" club that rejects membership based on some personal factor.... it is a club to which anyone can become a member ..... it would be no different than someone also creating a thread for tallying those who have met the requirements for any one of the achievements created by the Devs.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to be a member, regardless of what level they have reached in the game as long as they have a million in coin in their "bank." ..... and anyone is welcome to decline membership by declining to post their coinage when they actually do have over a million in coin.



You are absolutely correct, Annelliegram ---- no difference at all. An objection based on "hierarchal" elements (and, btw, I'm confident you are quite familiar with that word, lol) has no merit and is simply specious.

 
napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by napoeon on Dec 27, 17 6:56 AM
Congrats everyone!!!!

20 million.....and counting!

Happy holidays and Happy New Year!!!

 
sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 27, 17 7:39 AM
WOOHOO Napoeon!!! WTG!!! I am SO impressed!!

 
Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 27, 17 8:43 AM
napoeon wrote:Congrats everyone!!!!

20 million.....and counting!

Happy holidays and Happy New Year!!!
WoW ..... and WoW!!!!!! .....another change to the 10 Million thread coming up

 
PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Re:How many millionaires?

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Dec 31, 17 3:46 PM
I just passed the I million mark thanks to the Christmas HOS. I am thankful to how generous they are!!

Happy New Year!!!

 
 
 
 
Go to: