AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove info and speculation!

[Post New]by AnnBy on Nov 10, 09 1:20 PM
Wow, that video is.......

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 10, 09 1:20 PM
emmyjayne wrote:"Maybe the four missing university students open a gate and let something evil out..."

So I'm going to add to this (after watching the video)...

When the grad student is making her presentation it looks like the slide shown on the screen is a grave yard (with Celtic cross headstones). So I wonder if they open a crypt gate that let's something evil out where it's been buried...

WAIT WAIT WAIT - it IS a CRYPT in the video! I watched it again... (Right after the guy with glasses & hood kinda looks up and smiles stop the video and you'll see the front of the crypt..)

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 09 1:24 PM
The video was SPECTACULAR! Thank you Picman! I can't wait and am having a ball with the clues. BTW, does the code mean: Emmyjayne is very close?

jbentley
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by jbentley on Nov 10, 09 1:24 PM
Maybe they get stuck in a crypt in the grave yard!! Oooooh!!! Maybe the door is to a crypt! Or maybe there is an underground crypt like the catacombs!! Maybe something is unleashed in that building?? Maybe it's Victor!! LOL.. Ooh
spooky! It's a shame this game couldn't have come out on Halloween. BOOOO!!

Picman if you are still in the pool, am I making sense?

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 10, 09 1:24 PM
Did you notice that on the top of the crypt things portal is written SHADY GROVE?

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 1:25:32 PM PST

[Post New]by Mamaslilmonster on Nov 10, 09 1:28 PM
If I cant play this game soon i think i will die of wanting does any1 know the release date?????

jbentley
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by jbentley on Nov 10, 09 1:29 PM
emmyjayne wrote:
emmyjayne wrote:"Maybe the four missing university students open a gate and let something evil out..."

So I'm going to add to this (after watching the video)...

When the grad student is making her presentation it looks like the slide shown on the screen is a grave yard (with Celtic cross headstones). So I wonder if they open a crypt gate that let's something evil out where it's been buried...

WAIT WAIT WAIT - it IS a CRYPT in the video! I watched it again... (Right after the guy with glasses & hood kinda looks up and smiles stop the video and you'll see the front of the crypt..)

At the top of this crypt, it says SHADY GROVE...

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 09 1:30 PM
OK, weissvonnix, now I'm going to have to open another tab and watch the video again! It's such torture tongue firmly planted in cheek

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 1:31:21 PM PST

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Nov 10, 09 1:31 PM
emmyjayne wrote:

I'm not sure, but I don't think that is a crypt. If you have another look at the original picture (assuming you are geeky enough, like me, to have saved it) that looks like the main door to the house on the sign. The one that's right in the middle of the picture of the house.

[Post New]by Mamaslilmonster on Nov 10, 09 1:33 PM
i've been waiting for mcf 6 so patiently but i find that my patience has run out !!!

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 10, 09 1:41 PM
Did anyone notice at the end of the video it says "Is it just a game?"

That reminds me of The Ring and the deadly video.

See what we get for bugging Picman so much. Now he's going to kill us off with MCF6! (Just kidding, we are the revenue generators) (either that or Picman is the "Victor is not the only evil force")(lol)

SPOOKY!

jbentley
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by jbentley on Nov 10, 09 1:42 PM
Okay I'm gonna back up the bus just a littlebit here. In RTR, wasn't the woman and the twins from Black Pool? I am gonna check this out when I get home.

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Nov 10, 09 1:42 PM
So far we have determined from the video:

1) License plate is JXH2M6

2) Crypt says SHADY GROVE, possibly

3) A 2nd car is chasing them

4) There are footprints showing someone else was there first

I edited to add "possibly"

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 1:55:00 PM PST

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 09 1:42 PM
At the end of the video, where it says, Is it just a game?; look to the left and I think I can make out a face screaming.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Nov 10, 09 1:43 PM
jbentley wrote:Okay I'm gonna back up the bus just a littlebit here. In RTR, wasn't the woman and the twins from Black Pool? I am gonna check this out when I get home.

Ravenhearst was on the outskirts of Blackpool, on the coast, so yep, Rose and the twins were from Blackpool.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Nov 10, 09 1:45 PM
I'm not going to lie - the video gave me chills!

For those of you just tuning in, go to www.mysterycasefiles.com right now and check out the teaser trailer!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Edited on 11/10/2009 at 1:47:24 PM PST

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 10, 09 1:49 PM
weissvonnix wrote:Did you notice that on the top of the crypt things portal is written SHADY GROVE?

I watched this part of the video several times and freeze framed it. It might not really say Shady Grove. It doesn't show the whole name as the ends of the first and last words are in shadow. The more I looked at it, the more it looked like Russian letters. Or we only actually see HADY GROV, and our minds automatically fill in Shady Grove, when it really could be part of someone's name.

runaway63
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by runaway63 on Nov 10, 09 1:50 PM
Oh I see what you mean about the face----creepy!!! Holy cow I love this; I've watched the video several times and it's amazing what you can see. Can't hardly stand the waiting!!!!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 10, 09 1:51 PM
firekat7 - Are you looking right above the stone face on the crypt?

jbentley
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by jbentley on Nov 10, 09 1:53 PM
So maybe there is a tie in afterall!! I keep seeing these 4 kids running thru the catacombs (or something like it), and them being chased by Victor. Maybe the circus from Madame Fate is there...OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH the possibilities are endless!! I am not gonna be able to wait till December. I hope we get more teasers!!

Go to: