GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Feb 3, 16 6:48 AM
My apologies to the moderator. This thread was listed in Midnight Castle - New Discussions. But it was missing and now is back. I am very sorry for my mistake.

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 3, 16 7:03 AM
I REALLY DISLIKE the way that coins and shards drop instead of HOS items. I played a few rounds last night while watching TV out of shear boredom. I was one who spent hours going round the HOS's to make money and to increase my inventory. I find being a "hand-to-mouth player" extremely frustrating, which is a big reason why I have played MC exclusively instead of playing other HOS games.

What I found was that the only way to make the game bearable for me, was to GREATLY LOWER MY EXPECTATIONS. Maybe that is just what BFG expects. Many will do just that to fulfill the desire to play. I am quite sure though, that I will not do it very often, and will likely find something else to full that need to play MC. I have always enjoyed reading, but want/need to have something to do with my hands. I have been reinstalling some of the games I used to play and looking for new ones...

As I have actually worn out the touch pad of my Kindle playing MC (over 41 game days) I guess this is a good time to send it in for repair/replacement while I hope the DEV's return the HOS drop to make for more enjoyable days in the castle, and continue to look into other games on my PC.

So sad.....

SA__
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on Feb 3, 16 7:36 AM
I can't agree more with Diane8722.

Instead of playing at least one full round (level 69) + dozens of specific HOS every day, I now only go into the game to do the dice game, fortune wheel and gift what I can, down to aprox 5 from 15 every day. I now do very few HOS, aprox 10 per day as I quickly loose interest in coin and shard rewards. There is no enjoyment in playing the HOS over and over again if there is little or no chance of getting a required item. Little chance of getting items from HOS make daily quests almost impossible to play. I'm not interested in getting shards to decorate rooms or playing the tournaments but to each their own and I know lots of people enjoy these elements. I just avoid the bits that don't interest me. Unfortunately the only way I can avoid the pitiful item drop from the HOS is to stop playing a game I used to love.

The fun has gone out of this game and I find myself playing less and less to the point where I just don't want to play anymore.

Please, please, please can we have the old HOS drop rate back so we can get back to enjoying a great game.

Thank you.

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Feb 3, 16 7:45 AM
I suggested on a thread awhile back that they change the way the items are dropped. This would have fixed pretty much every issue that people are having, even the daily quest issues. I suggested that they allow us to choose which item we get from the scene we are playing, plain and simple. That way we can choose which item we need for whatever reason, they could add coins and shards to that list too to make the few people who like that new feature happy as well. This seemed like the perfect fix to me but instead they just made it harder for us to get anything worthwhile. I don't get it!

clickingaway
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by clickingaway on Feb 3, 16 7:56 AM
ajtho1 wrote:
clickingaway wrote:Why has this thread been buried? The only way I was able to find it was by searching through my posts for another post I'd made earlier here.

This is an active topic and there have been multiple posts made here today so this thread should have appeared on the 1st or 2nd page of the forum but it wasn't and it wasn't even on the 3rd or 4th page.

If they are hiding this thread then I feel that nothing is going to change so I am going to do a couple spins around the castle and waste the diamonds I purchased that I thought I'd be using for the next 6 months and then i'm shutting my games down.

I think we need to stick to topic here or the thread will get locked.

Ajho1,

I beg to differ. Grandma Tyra, Kingratso, and I were not hallucinating last night and this thread had been moved and was hidden. I searched through the first 4 pages of this forum twice and it was no where to be found and since 4 people posted before me yesterday it was an active thread and should have appeared on the first 2 pages of the forum. The only way I was able to find it was by viewing an older post I'd made. Grandma Tyra says she found it the Helpful Links section. It sounds to me like BFG wants to hide this thread so we will stop talking about it.

This thread didn't reappear onto the forum until after I posted last night. I know because I checked and I had two windows open on the forum and it wasn't until after I posted and refreshed my screen that the thread reappeared on the forum. So my guess is that it takes 5 posts on a Helpful Link thread to trigger it to move back onto the forum again.

Hiding this thread IS VERY PERTINENT to this subject and people who are holding out hope that BFG will rectify the situation need to know that they have moved this thread and hid it. I had been holding onto a sliver of hope but not anymore. I feel BFG just wants us to shut up because they aren't about to make any changes.

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Feb 3, 16 8:10 AM
On the upside, Bryant from Customer Service has been fantastic; very polite and as helpful as he can possibly be, given that my complaint is beyond his control to fix. I also was possibly one of the first to write directly to Elephant Games and did hear from someone very quickly, who indicated that my feedback would be passed directly to the development team.

Ajtho, Bryant is the best of the best!! I also wrote to EG and didn't hear anything back so it is nice to hear that at east some did!

On the topic of hiding threads. I DO NOT think this is intentional. There have been a few odd things happening on the forum. The last page of a thread doesn't have anything on it so when you click it, it pops you back to the main screen. When that happens you have to click on the next to last page. Also, I was looking for a different thread a day ago and it was nowhere to be found either. It was also current and should have been on the first or second page.

Soo, while I understand we all have a heightened sense of paranoia(is it really, if they truly are out to get you? LOL) Pretty sure this is not on purpose. Besides, what would be the point? They know we will just find it anyway!

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 3, 16 8:13 AM
To be fair to the Mod's, I think sometimes when they are in, this thread specifically about the update becomes "unavailable". I have experienced not being able to find the thread several times over the last week and had to get to it through a link, but it always re-appeared a bit later. Some kind of glitch maybe? I don't think it is intentional. What I do worry about is the statement below and how it can be "interpreted":

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

I think adding "levity" and "other comments" to the discussion can add to it even if the statements do not "directly" address the update specifically. Those of us who are complaining like to have a way to release, and putting it in another thread does not work as eventually the subject of update does come up and it gets locked! Scares me that they will lock this thread over something.

So I add, I think the idea of choosing what you get at the HOS is a FANTASTIC suggestion. I always wondered why the heck they had arrows on each side of the item as if there was more than one available!

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Feb 3, 16 8:17 AM
I think there is one thing that has been overlooked in this whole debate: We asked for more ways to get gold and shards. Repeatedly. Both here and on FB, there were often numerous complaints about how much gold it takes to open a HOS or ZZ as well as how many shards it took to feed Trina and buy furntiture for the room. This update was an attempt to address that issue and I frankly think it did so. It's why I'm happy with it. I can get the gold in two rounds instead of three or four before for that new HOS I've reached. And it's given me the confidence to accept a quest for Trina which I already have the shards for and am now working on the ZZ's required. I could use up inventory and go immediately to get that many ZZ's but I prefer to take my sweet time and get them as I quest. Personal choice.

So if they do revert back to the old way, I would only hope they still do something to help those of us at lower levels proceed as this update does. I can live with reverting back if maybe they did something like they did in the Christmas event. As a happy alternative for everybody -- and, frankly, I like this idea better than choosing -- leave the drop rate from the morphing flowers what they were from the snowflakes -- 20 gold instead of 10 and put shards back in the mix for dropping from them. Since there would be no dropped snowflakes or flowers during off season, that would make the gold and shard drop more.

I wouldn't be upset with a return to items only from the HOS if they offset it by this. In fact, yes, it would be better. I'd certainly slow down and collect them more as I did during Christmas for this feature. Right now, it's shrug. 10 gold adds up but not very fast and doesn't feel very good so if I see them I click on them but I don't slow down and look for them.

I do think the find button for the daily quests should be fixed to work as it does for the character/main story quests.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 3, 16 8:22 AM
Regarding the arrows next to the items in an HOS......

When you open an HOS, there is an "i" at the top so you can view the items located therein.....

When you finish an HOS, it shows the item you received. The other items are no longer listed, so there is no place to scroll...therefore, the arrows are deactivated.

If the Devs were to allow us to actually select from the list when the HOS is concluded, the arrows would be activated and you would be allowed to scroll to the item you wanted.

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Feb 3, 16 8:23 AM
Gosh, hate to find myself agreeing with clickingaway but I searched thru the first 8 pages and couldn't find it. I'm sure it was just a temporary glitch (like the update?). We wish!

I think (therefore I err) that if BFG or Elephant wanted to shut the game down, they would have simply done so. Nope, somebody has made a management decision to mess it up to try to bring in more revenue. Stating the devs want to give us the chance to earn more shards or slow down the higher level players is bogus. FTP games are not free to develop, maintain or host. So someone is looking to increase revenue. It may be BFG's new owner. If so, it reminds me of the news story about the young Wall Street hedge fund manager who bought the drug company making the cancer medicine. It was selling for $17/pill and he jacked it up to around $1700. The only way to combat corporate greed is to boycott their products. So long as the sheeples continue playing the game on a daily basis, they'll just look at the online numbers, rub their hands in glee and continue as is.

I urge you to a) play only once a week if you are that addicted, or b) pack it up for a month. When the numbers are down, they may realize they messed up and address our concerns. It might give the mods a break too. Believe me, there IS life after MC. OK - gotta go do some chores (hmmmm. Suddenly doing the rounds looks more enticing.)

Rouser to the Rabble,

Ratso

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Feb 3, 16 8:46 AM
I have finally gotten my life back now since I quit playing. Enjoying reading, jigsaw puzzles and most of all NO stress. Sorry it has to be this way but this latest update was a major flop.

Enough said and so long until it is fixed, if ever.

JohnTonkin
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Feb 3, 16 9:14 AM
With regard to finding this list, I've noticed that periodically it moves down to the second page. The forums (except for some locked ones) list in order of the most recent post first. If no one has posted to Attention Devs for several hours, then it slides down in the list. I don't think this is the moderators action, but the way the forum was set up so that we could see most recent posts in any list.

As far as changing the table, couldn't the moderators/developers just publish a list of Hex edits needed to change the drop rates, and let us make the changes ourselves if they don't have the time to do them?

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 3, 16 9:38 AM
JohnTonkin wrote:

As far as changing the table, couldn't the moderators/developers just publish a list of Hex edits needed to change the drop rates, and let us make the changes ourselves if they don't have the time to do them?

you must be joking

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Feb 3, 16 9:48 AM
Susiewastaken: What? You think the devs would have a problem letting individuals tweak their code? LOL! Hmmmm.... Polestars & lotus blossoms on every drop.... Maybe I could jack the HOS payouts to 5000 coins.... I can picture the possibilities.

Ratso
(Trying to get tongue out of cheek now... Mmmppphhhh!)

Edited on 02/03/2016 at 9:50:17 AM PST

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Feb 3, 16 9:53 AM
Just went into game to send a friend something she needs (yeah, she won't take my advice either..) and played three HOS's for old times sake. Got 15 coins all three times. What are the odds? Apparently pretty poor to get anything useful. Sigh.

Ratso

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 3, 16 10:10 AM
Me too....just do some here n there.....for the HOPE.......and once again...NOPE......so i am tying the ROPE......after I pray to the POPE......[Removed by Moderator] and droppin shards and coins so I MOPE.........cheers **D**

Edited on 02/03/2016 at 5:11:30 PM PST

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Feb 3, 16 10:58 AM
BlazeDuskdreamer wrote:I think there is one thing that has been overlooked in this whole debate: We asked for more ways to get gold and shards. Repeatedly. Both here and on FB, there were often numerous complaints about how much gold it takes to open a HOS or ZZ as well as how many shards it took to feed Trina and buy furntiture for the room. This update was an attempt to address that issue and I frankly think it did so. It's why I'm happy with it. I can get the gold in two rounds instead of three or four before for that new HOS I've reached. And it's given me the confidence to accept a quest for Trina which I already have the shards for and am now working on the ZZ's required. I could use up inventory and go immediately to get that many ZZ's but I prefer to take my sweet time and get them as I quest. Personal choice.

Well said.

Do players below Level 69 have the side games for blue keys?

If so, I suggest players play all the side games because items requested will drop every time. If you're going to do the rounds, why not get the keys while you're at it? A few days ago, three characters wanted the same items in a ZZ, so I did each of their other requests then went into the ZZ and it satisfied all three characters, earning me 60 coins and 3 keys. It's the first time that happened, although I often get two.

More of Trina's requests, as well as some of the DQs somehow seem to fall into line playing this way.

Some of the items that drop from the side game are new and I have a feeling that the items and the blue keys will play a role in future updates.

If players below Level 69 don't have the side games then I feel their pain but don't have a suggestion.

Edited on 02/03/2016 at 11:04:14 AM PST

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 3, 16 11:05 AM
siberlene wrote:

Do players below Level 69 have the side games for blue keys?

If so, I suggest players play the side games because items requested will drop every time. If you're going to do the rounds, why not get the keys while you're at it? A few days ago, three characters wanted the same items in a ZZ, so I did each of their other requests then went into the ZZ and it satisfied all three characters, earning me 60 coins and 3 keys. It's the first time that happened, although I often get two.

More of Trina's requests, as well as some of the DQs somehow seem to fall into line playing this way.

Some of the items that drop from the side game are new and I have a feeling that the items and the blue keys will play a role in future updates.

If players below Level 69 don't have the side games then I feel their pain but don't have a suggestion.

Players below 69 (at least myself with one game in the teens and one in the 50's) have no "side quests". No improvement to the game whatsoever.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 3, 16 11:10 AM
BlazeDuskdreamer wrote:I think there is one thing that has been overlooked in this whole debate: We asked for more ways to get gold and shards. Repeatedly. Both here and on FB, there were often numerous complaints about how much gold it takes to open a HOS or ZZ as well as how many shards it took to feed Trina and buy furntiture for the room. This update was an attempt to address that issue and I frankly think it did so.

Yes, it's true players did ask repeatedly for some way to increase the drop rate of shards and even increase the payout for playing the newer HOSs.

However, I don't believe any player suggested a shard or 15 coins as payout for a HOS instead of an inventory item.

Wouldn't it have been a lot simpler to just have the shard drop randomly like the pet food and stamps do instead of entirely reworking the HOS program?

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 3, 16 11:13 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:

Wouldn't it have been a lot simpler to just have the shard drop randomly like the pet food and stamps do instead of entirely reworking the HOS program?

Something tells me there was no plan to make it "simpler". You are right, that would have been the "logical" thing to do....

Go to: