error message File Too Short

[Post New]by stringgirl48 on Apr 19, 16 5:13 AM
This is the third time Plants vs Zombies has stopped working due to the error message "File too Short". Somehow the program data has been lost. How do I get this back?

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:error message File Too Short

[Post New]by pjplanner on Apr 24, 16 5:55 PM
I am suddenly getting this too. What is going on?

[Post New]by Racers_Edge on Jun 13, 16 5:03 PM
I am dealing with the same issue.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Jun 13, 16 5:06 PM
File Too Short Error - Plants vs. Zombies

https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1620

[Post New]by calebbur on Oct 26, 16 9:29 AM
the link did not work for windows 10

[Post New]by kellyguglielmo on Feb 2, 17 8:01 PM
So this game doesn't work with Windows 10?

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Apr 17, 17 10:25 AM
played fine for the last week, today getting black screen with white box stating file too short. Windows 7 PC

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 17, 17 11:06 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It looks like players here are reporting the message "File Too Short" when trying to play Plants vs. Zombies. This is an issue that can happen sometimes with this specific game and we've developed some steps to get back to playing this game after that error occurs. I also wanted to drop by real fast to provide some steps to contact our Customer Support Team should any further assistance be necessary.

The following page of steps should help with the error "Error Reading User File: File Too Short" message that can sometimes happen when trying to play Plants vs. Zombies:

File Too Short Error - Plants vs. Zombies

While this should restore the game and all you to continue playing, it does mean you will need to create a new user to continue playing. I apologize that this issue means that save data that was previously there is no longer available, but these steps should ensure that you can continue enjoying the game.

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Since this seems to be discussing a technical issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread and request future discussion of technical issues found with this game be provided to the following designated thread here:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Plants vs. Zombies here.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: