bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Nancy Drew: The Final Scene forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 2, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Nancy Drew: The Final Scene forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Nancy Drew: The Final Scene players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nancy Drew: The Final Scene forum

[Post New]by LilyCat on Jan 2, 10 1:22 AM
I'm a bit confused about this one - the BFG blurb invites you to "use your hidden object skills", but it's a Large File game, and looking at other sites it seems to be a genuine adventure game. Anyone played this before and can give us a clue?

I'm a bit HOG'd out at the moment, we've had a lot of good ones but I'm ready for something else and a classic ND adventure would be welcome. But I've been had in the past with some of the Agatha Christie and Nancy Drew games which turned out to be rather weak.

So, what is this one? Can anyone help?

[Post New]by EcclesCakes on Jan 2, 10 1:32 AM
This is one of the early Nancy Drew games, released about 9 years ago. It had generally positive reviews, but doesn't have some of the graphic and interface improvements evident in newer Drew titles.

Eccles Cakes

Edited on 01/02/2010 at 1:32:58 AM PST

f1racing
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by f1racing on Jan 2, 10 2:12 AM
I have all the Nancy Drew adventure games. This is one of the earliest ones. It is enjoyable to play and takes a number of hours. As mentioned by EcclesCakes, it doesn't have the improvements as the newer ones do, but it is still fun and challenging and in a way, I liked her earlier ones better. You would definately get your money's worth with this game. I highly recommend it. If you want to see more of what the game is like, go to www.herinteractive.com.

Edited on 01/02/2010 at 2:15:56 AM PST

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Jan 2, 10 2:22 AM
Thanks very much, both of you. I'll definitely buy it then. I, too, have enjoyed the earlier ND games more than the recent ones. Sometimes games developers get a bit too clever for their own good but, hey, they give us lots of pleasure anyway!

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Jan 2, 10 3:15 AM
I assume the video clip above the 'Buy it now' button was done by the game developers. It invites you to 'Use your sleughting skills'. That spelling mistake puts me off as much as the large file size. If there's that kind of mistake in the publicity shot, what guarantee do I have of the quality of the game?

lynnestock
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lynnestock on Jan 2, 10 4:36 AM
Going back to Lilycat's question - does anyone know if this is a HOG or is it an adventure game?

Renee02
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,068 Posts

[Post New]by Renee02 on Jan 2, 10 4:58 AM
it is definitely an adventure game

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jan 2, 10 5:33 AM
Boy...What do we have to do to get a bite or a nibble..leftovers aren't bad once in a while....but everyday !!! I'm so disappointed in the games that have been released ...in the last few weeks , ND...ahh I always feel lost in these games , if this was out 9 yrs ago.....& you don't get to demo it ...Is it because TS ..is off .& maybe that's why they are releasing all these....reruns....duds...& leftovers....Boy,,,it's been a long time since Iv'e had any thing nice to say,,,,but i have to put my 2 cents in ,,cause ....I really hope....somebody else agrees w/ me & I hope ..is reading these reviews....hugs & kisses ....Till the next release...Let it be a good one , but won't hold my breath .....

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jan 2, 10 6:06 AM
Aww, I'm sad to see all the negativity here--I love Nancy Drew and this is one I haven't played yet, so I am SUPER excited to see it! I'm still playing Waverly Academy right now (Christmas gift!) but I'll definitely be purchasing this eventually...

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by flipper70 on Jan 2, 10 7:09 AM
I for one will definitely be buying this game! I have played every game in the Nancy Drew series, and am very glad that Big Fish has chosen to release the earlier games in the series! I'm sure it is worth playing! I have always wondered why they didn't release the earlier games, and now I get to enjoy them too! Thanks Big Fish!!! How is Waverly Academy? I was busy playing the one that came out before it, and haven't gotten that one yet.

froggie10
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by froggie10 on Jan 2, 10 7:18 AM
Hi,every one I myself bought this one right off (stupid on my part)thinking it was an Hidden Object Game,because it said test your hidden object skills?????Wasted a credit on it uninstalled it right away!!! Dissapointed in Big Fish Games right now,Thanks for letting me vent

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 2, 10 7:32 AM
Froggie, I'm sure BF will give you a credit if you tell them you thought it was a hidden object game; that description is very misleading and somebody really goofed up on that one.

The game is of the same high quality as the rest of the ND games (I've played and finished The Final Scene). The misspelling of the word "sleuthing" in the video puts me off too, but I don't recall there being any glaring typos/misspelled words in the actual game. I'm not sure if BF adds that text over the videos or if the developer does, but that's not the first time I've seen something like this.

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jan 2, 10 8:02 AM
Aw, i'm sad to see the negativity about this game! I have been looking forward to this game for MONTHS! ever since mudrock mentioned it would be coming out back in october... or maybe even before then!

DW froggie, like Howatch said- Customer services will definately give you your game credit back as it is their fault for putting up misleading advertisment.

Well...I'm off to see how...ahem...little money there is in my bank account and see if I can afford to buy this game!

YAY! FINALLY IT'S HERE!

innej
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by innej on Jan 2, 10 9:09 AM
One of the earlier ND games, definitely an adventure game and like all ND games, great length and fun to finish! I already own it or I'd be buying it here.

This one is definitely worth $6.99

[Post New]by fairieartist on Jan 2, 10 9:12 AM
OLDBAY wrote:Boy...What do we have to do to get a bite or a nibble..leftovers aren't bad once in a while....but everyday !!! I'm so disappointed in the games that have been released ...in the last few weeks , ND...ahh I always feel lost in these games , if this was out 9 yrs ago.....& you don't get to demo it ...Is it because TS ..is off .& maybe that's why they are releasing all these....reruns....duds...& leftovers....Boy,,,it's been a long time since Iv'e had any thing nice to say,,,,but i have to put my 2 cents in ,,cause ....I really hope....somebody else agrees w/ me & I hope ..is reading these reviews....hugs & kisses ....Till the next release...Let it be a good one , but won't hold my breath .....

What about Dire Grove, Murder in the Rue Morgue, Echoes of the Past, Joyville?
I thought Big Fish has brought out some fantastic games this past month.

Edited on 01/02/2010 at 9:16:44 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 2, 10 9:12 AM
I have to agree with Oldbay, we have had some pretty slim pickings lately on games. I have had it up to my eyeballs in HOG's. I love most LF games and Adventure games. I don't know if I;ll buy this one as it's been around so long. One never knows what the graphics are like. Well all my little fishies I hope you have fun playing if you buy and I'll let you know what I decided to do later.

holofernes
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by holofernes on Jan 2, 10 9:23 AM
I'm a bit new to the forums. What are HOGS? and GF? I only need to be told once and then I shall be caught up with the rest of you.
In general I have been disappointed with some of the games - I find I have deleted several after playing for one hour because they weren't worth buying. I did like Dire Grove and wish there were more complicated games like those. Looking forward to getting into The Final Scene - have only played her more recent games which have been ok-ish.

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jan 2, 10 9:30 AM
holofernes wrote:I'm a bit new to the forums. What are HOGS? and GF? I only need to be told once and then I shall be caught up with the rest of you.
In general I have been disappointed with some of the games - I find I have deleted several after playing for one hour because they weren't worth buying. I did like Dire Grove and wish there were more complicated games like those. Looking forward to getting into The Final Scene - have only played her more recent games which have been ok-ish.

HOG= Hidden Object Games
DG= Dire Grove
ND= Nancy Drew
BFG= Big Fish Games
TM= Time management (games)
LF= Large File (games)

I don't know what GF stands for!
Hope this helps

Also, If you liked Dire Grove, you will definately enjoy games such as: Return To Ravenhearst, Joyville, Echoes of the Past, Drawn: The painted tower....
There are actually a lot more great games here

[Post New]by veronique875 on Jan 2, 10 9:38 AM
So is this definitely a HER interactive?

Those are the ND games I DO like..

Hoping that it is

Go to: