Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

Windows 10 upgrade

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Apr 20, 16 8:05 AM
To all my 233 friends, I have just upgraded to Windows 10, rebooted Wanderland & watched you all disappear before my eyes. As it's now 11PM I will have a play in the morning but if you are all still missing I will re invite so I may be dark for a while.

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

Re:Windows 10 upgrade

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Apr 20, 16 5:16 PM
Good morning all, morning has arrived & I am left with 1 friend & noticed my ID has changed during the upgrade. I remember reading of this same issue in another post so anyone who upgrades to Win 10 beware.
My old ID was 79463, it has now changed to 184537, feel free to send friend requests but in the mean time I will re invite my old friends.

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on Apr 20, 16 6:46 PM
I got your invite and your back with me.
I've been afraid to update to windows 10. You just confirmed my procrastination.
I hope you get back your friends quickly!

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Apr 20, 16 7:44 PM
Hi difi, just spent the last 2 hours re sending friend requests, a little writers cramp to boot but the good thing is I'll now know for certain who is active. I have around 30 early birds so friend recovery is up & running.
To all my friends please unfriend 'Oldboyracer' ID 79463. I have changed my name to 'Oldboyracer new' & ID is now 184537.
To all of you Wanderlanders out there make sure you have made a copy of your friend list along with their ID's before upgrading to Windows 10.
Everything else seems to be OK, it would appear that your ID changes with the upgrade - strange.

[Post New]by granny_player on Apr 21, 16 8:50 AM
I have 2 IDs from this game. Most of the time I play with 167892 Sonnieblue that is the game I originally started with. One morning after I started my PC I opened with with all my friends gone and a new ID # 172523 Sonnieblue so I re-invited my friends that I could remember after playing for a short time running out of energy I closed the game. Guess what happened the next time I oped the game...... I was back to 167892 and all my friends were back.. just this past Monday when I started the game( after one of those pesky win10 updates ) I opened at 172523 so I invited more people to join me and played till out of energy ... game consisently opened that day with the id of 172523 I even played in the tornment. I was at level 38 with both IDs just as u are at level 69 with both ur IDs. Dont be surprised if u open the game and are suddenly back to ur old id everything will be there except ur friends. my roommate had the same thing happen he has 2 IDs but mostly he opens with original ID. I just wish there was a way to control id I open with. I could not find any thing in the registry files relating to the specific ID Since Monday I ave not been able to get the ID 172523 to open.

Sonnieblue

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Apr 21, 16 9:21 AM
Hi

I see in my friends list that there is 2 of you now and for some reason the old you has a wish list with items but the new has just black squares? Do I delete the old 1?

Thank you for re-adding me.

difi1
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by difi1 on Apr 21, 16 10:31 AM
I deleted the old, but I have the same problem with blank gifting items on your new ID .

[Post New]by granny_player on Apr 21, 16 12:07 PM
deadme wrote:Hi

I see in my friends list that there is 2 of you now and for some reason the old you has a wish list with items but the new has just black squares? Do I delete the old 1?

Thank you for re-adding me.

Ignore the newer ID 172523 it rarely starts up. leave both as I have you as friend in both can send from either one...if 172523 ever starts up again. 167892 is my original ID and 99.9% of the time that is what th game opens to.

[Post New]by granny_player on Apr 21, 16 12:08 PM
difi1 wrote:I deleted the old, but I have the same problem with blank gifting items on your new ID .

Ok just request me as a friend number is 167892 Sonnieblue

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Apr 21, 16 11:39 PM
granny_player wrote:I have 2 IDs from this game. Most of the time I play with 167892 Sonnieblue that is the game I originally started with. One morning after I started my PC I opened with with all my friends gone and a new ID # 172523 Sonnieblue so I re-invited my friends that I could remember after playing for a short time running out of energy I closed the game. Guess what happened the next time I oped the game...... I was back to 167892 and all my friends were back.. just this past Monday when I started the game( after one of those pesky win10 updates ) I opened at 172523 so I invited more people to join me and played till out of energy ... game consisently opened that day with the id of 172523 I even played in the tornment. I was at level 38 with both IDs just as u are at level 69 with both ur IDs. Dont be surprised if u open the game and are suddenly back to ur old id everything will be there except ur friends. my roommate had the same thing happen he has 2 IDs but mostly he opens with original ID. I just wish there was a way to control id I open with. I could not find any thing in the registry files relating to the specific ID Since Monday I ave not been able to get the ID 172523 to open.

Hi Sonnieblue, That explains the 2nd you & thanks for the info. on dual Id's. I will check to see what ID is coming up when I open the game.
Sonnieblue

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Apr 21, 16 11:48 PM
Don't quite know what happened with that last post, the quote didn't go quite right
Just did some checking, I've opened & closed Wanderland 4 times today & a few times yesterday & I think it's opened on the new ID each time, if it changes I will post.
Artogons servers must be having trouble with a user ID coming in from a different operating system - the wonders of the cyber world.

[Post New]by granny_player on Apr 22, 16 6:44 AM
Oldboyracer wrote:Don't quite know what happened with that last post, the quote didn't go quite right
Just did some checking, I've opened & closed Wanderland 4 times today & a few times yesterday & I think it's opened on the new ID each time, if it changes I will post.
Artogons servers must be having trouble with a user ID coming in from a different operating system - the wonders of the cyber world.

I just realized when you upgraded you most likely created a new registry file for win10.
so your old game number may be lost. In my case this pc always had win10 and it was just an update that caused me to create different number. so mt registry did not change. there is a big update coming soon from microsoft. It is to upgrade the start menue and other stuff I dont think this game was written for win10 and has a lot of catching up to do.

Krissy1954
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy1954 on Apr 22, 16 3:36 PM
Catrina still has you under both the old and new numbers. After losing my own game three times since upgrading to Windows 10, nothing surprises me any more.

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Apr 22, 16 9:42 PM
granny_player wrote:
Oldboyracer wrote:Don't quite know what happened with that last post, the quote didn't go quite right

I just realized when you upgraded you most likely created a new registry file for win10.
so your old game number may be lost. In my case this pc always had win10 and it was just an update that caused me to create different number. so mt registry did not change. there is a big update coming soon from microsoft. It is to upgrade the start menue and other stuff I dont think this game was written for win10 and has a lot of catching up to do.

Makes sense, hope the new upgrade doesn't cause any more problems.

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Apr 22, 16 9:46 PM
Krissy1954 wrote:Catrina still has you under both the old and new numbers. After losing my own game three times since upgrading to Windows 10, nothing surprises me any more.

I searched for my old ID & saw it listed so realised that I now have 2 ID's, how to access the original I haven't got a clue.
Unlike others Wanderland has opened every time on the new ID since I upgraded to Win10.

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Apr 22, 16 9:51 PM
difi1 wrote:I got your invite and your back with me.
I've been afraid to update to windows 10. You just confirmed my procrastination.
I hope you get back your friends quickly!

Back up to 127 friends, I guessed I had around 60 non active so hopefully the other 46 will slowly come back.

Go to: