Level 74

[Post New]by lightdancer7 on Apr 20, 16 9:49 PM
I have finished the first board in this level however I can't find the machete, rope bridge etc. to move onto another board. There are no red tiles, ice tiles, dirt tiles or any other kind of tiles left to get rid of on the board and yet I can't find the tools to move on.

Thanks in advance for your help!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Level 74

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 21, 16 6:58 AM
I'd have to replay to see what's going on but my guesses are either:

-Just because the board says "all red tiles cleared" doesn't mean ALL the tiles are gone. Check for other tile types like stone, dirt, wood boxes or grass. I can't tell you how many times I thought I got all the tiles done but there would be one left somewhere...

-The room has two locks and you got the tool for the other one already so either open the other lock or scroll around in the other corners to see if the scroll arrow appears to let you in the other area. I've also had it happen after playing for a while that I'll "forget" that a pathway is already open in some corner.

[Post New]by StripeyCatiana on Apr 24, 16 11:20 AM
I'm having the same problem, I think there may be something hidden behind one of the sand tiles in the bottom right of the level but you can't get to that square because you don't have the machete yet so the area hasn't opened up. I've restarted the level a few times and am having the same problem each time.

HCC_314
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by HCC_314 on Apr 25, 16 3:18 PM
Stuck on 74 too. Those 6 sand tiles were resistant to the wind. You can't drop a bomb in that space....the popup about needing a machete interrupts. If I can get off this room, I know I'll find the machete, clear the vines and be able to clear those tiles.

OK. I just restarted. Cost: one life and two power-ups. This time through, something I cleared right on the edge of those danged sand tile uncovered the rope bridge.

Whew!

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Apr 29, 16 5:55 PM
I am on this level right now and every single board says "Board Cleared"....I have emptied every bin (or whatever those are called), cleared the tricky hidden sand tiles, opened every chest, gone over page after page after page and it STILL won't end the level!!!

PLEASE someone help! I SWEAR there is no tile covered, anywhere. I did notice on one board, it was still giving hints but for what reason I have NO idea!!!

I will be eternally grateful if someone reads this and replies. If I don't get a reply by tomorrow I may start a new Subject on this even though I'm sure I'll get raspberries for starting another level 74 subject.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 30, 16 2:15 PM
Skrdykat, I haven't had that problem with level 74 - if all the rooms showing tell you the board is complete the only thing I can think of is there is a room you didn't unlock yet that you still need to get to. Are there any tools showing in a bubble up at the top right?

You can always exit the level without doing everything if there's a green check mark at the bottom right of the screen...go to the check mark and click "finish level" to bail.

[Post New]by lynmar101 on May 1, 16 8:55 AM
Skrdykat the same thing happened to me on this level. I did have everything cleared and it still wouldn't let me get the award. I ended up losing my one and only life so far (I'm now on 175 in relaxed) deciding to lose a life and start the level over again. That time it worked ok. It must be an unusually hard to hit glitch because I *know* I had cleared all the squares.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 10, 16 11:40 AM
HCC_314 wrote:Stuck on 74 too. Those 6 sand tiles were resistant to the wind. You can't drop a bomb in that space....the popup about needing a machete interrupts. If I can get off this room, I know I'll find the machete, clear the vines and be able to clear those tiles.

OK. I just restarted. Cost: one life and two power-ups. This time through, something I cleared right on the edge of those danged sand tile uncovered the rope bridge.

Whew!

I have cleared all the closest sand tiles in that right-hand corner and have received nothing and can't clear any of the other tiles with a regular small urn; I am ASSUMING a person has to create bomb AND that bomb has to be closest to the machete statement, otherwise the bomb will not work as I've already had 1 down in that corner but 1 tile over away from the sand 2 tiles away.

This level is ridiculous; it wastes time, moves, and provides far too much frustration. I don't mind a challenge but this one is not realistic.

MEnr56

Go to: