Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 21, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 04/21/2016 at 5:47:28 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Apr 21, 16 2:05 AM
Everything worked fine until I got to the point where a volcano erupts and Hades and Poseidon both attack Captain Merope's boat. At that point, the game turned itself off.

I re-entered the game, was booted by to the same cutscene of Hades and Poseidon, skipped it, and ended up on an island with a damaged boat (Merope's) and cliffs. Problem was, the cursor then refused to work, and nothing I did helped me move around. This seems like a fairly severe glitch in the game, I have to say. Too bad. If it had worked properly, I would have bought it.

My operating system is Windows 7 and it's working fine.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Hapless on Apr 21, 16 2:05 AM
After waiting over an hour for it to down load its now coming up with error code 0x3270ds0 and saying its trying to read 0xfffffff. Please can you help.

Linda

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Apr 21, 16 2:07 AM
Just to say my operating system is windows 10.

Linda

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Apr 21, 16 5:19 AM
Having the same problem as Linda with Windows 10 as well.
Hope there is a fix for this I reinstalled Game Manager but no help

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Apr 21, 16 5:20 AM
For some reason, nothing happens when I click on the Hint button. I really don't want to play a game where I have to keep on checking the Strategy Guide - I prefer to use that when I am really stuck, not when I just want to know which direction I should go!

Win 10 PC, 64 Bit.

[Post New]by vanurse on Apr 21, 16 5:20 AM
Hapless wrote:After waiting over an hour for it to down load its now coming up with error code 0x3270ds0 and saying its trying to read 0xfffffff. Please can you help.

Linda

Same thing happening to me. Very frustrating as I pay too much money to have this happen more times than it should on the Windows 10 operating system. Please fix this ASAP!!!!

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Apr 21, 16 5:43 AM
mamajay wrote:For some reason, nothing happens when I click on the Hint button. I really don't want to play a game where I have to keep on checking the Strategy Guide - I prefer to use that when I am really stuck, not when I just want to know which direction I should go!

Win 10 PC, 64 Bit.

Same for me. Hint and skip button doesn't work. Too bad - I was really into the game.

Win 10 PC

Edited on 04/21/2016 at 5:52:41 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 21, 16 5:47 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 21, 16 5:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing various issues when trying to play this game on their Windows 10 computers. Since we don't have the tools to troubleshoot from the Forums, it is highly recommended to look at the troubleshooting steps in the following help article:

Windows 10

The above help article contains steps that have been known to help resolve the issues that players are experiencing. If you find that the issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to further assist and provide steps that are specific to your system based on the data from the Dr. Felix report.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Apr 21, 16 5:58 AM
Hint button doesn't work.

Windows 10

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by bestmommat on Apr 21, 16 6:18 AM
a friend of mine sent me this...I haven't tried it as I'm still using xp

Hope this helps as it did for her!

The following steps have also been tested to resolve the problem:

Right-click on the game icon from the desktop ( or game icon in game file location on computer) and choose 'Properties'.

Select the 'Compatibility' tab.
Check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)'. Please also try this by choosing the 'Windows 7' option if Windows XP does not work.
Importantly, make sure you check the box "run this as an administrator"
Click 'Apply' and then OK.
Start a game. You should now be able to play this game.

Edited on 04/21/2016 at 6:19:49 AM PST

hagglebag
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hagglebag on Apr 21, 16 6:43 AM
Hint and Skip button not working???

Try going to settings and onto the mode that you set yourself. I reduced the hint and skip time but I also had to click on the hint and skip button to highlight them to make them work. Hope this helps. Also using windows 10.

Edited on 04/21/2016 at 6:44:04 AM PST

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Apr 21, 16 9:18 AM
hagglebag wrote:Hint and Skip button not working???

Try going to settings and onto the mode that you set yourself. I reduced the hint and skip time but I also had to click on the hint and skip button to highlight them to make them work. Hope this helps. Also using windows 10.
Wow - thanks! I never noticed that hint and skip also needed to be checked.

[Post New]by vanurse on Apr 21, 16 9:47 AM
grammyapples wrote:Having the same problem as Linda with Windows 10 as well.
Hope there is a fix for this I reinstalled Game Manager but no help

/quote] Also having same problems as Linda. Went to Forum but seems to be help for Windows XP/7 but no help for Windows 10 PC. Sure would love to play the game but Windows 10 on this PC is unable to decipher this game even to the point of just getting to the intro. Also, this isn't the only Big Fish game I've had a problem with using Windows 10 on my HP PC. Long Term Disappointed Customer

[Post New]by bigsuzie on Apr 21, 16 3:40 PM
freezes up uninstall and installed again didn't help sick of having problems with most games I buy

myshania
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by myshania on Apr 21, 16 5:11 PM
I don't know if this will help anyone else But I deleted The Special Effects And now The game is playing just fine. Im on windows 7 and I see that its mostly Windows 10 That are having the most problem. I also Minimized the screen under properties When you right click on game icon on your screen on in your games. I don't know if that helped or not

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Apr 21, 16 6:12 PM
@ Hagglebag - Thanks!

I did as you suggested, and found that in Settings, the length of time was back at it's original length - not where I had changed it to. The Hint and Skip buttons were still highlighted, so I unclicked them (after changing the length of time for both), and re-clicked them. And hoped for the best, lol.

Went back into the game, and voila! The Hint and Skip buttons now work - yay!

Cheers,

Jen

PS: Still not sure about the game itself, but at least it is playing better

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Apr 21, 16 7:36 PM
Getting the Access Error Violation as I try to start the game. Win 10 computer. Probably won't go through all the trouble of changing the compatibility, because I shouldn't have to, and the devs should know better.

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Apr 21, 16 11:16 PM
myshania wrote:I don't know if this will help anyone else But I deleted The Special Effects And now The game is playing just fine. Im on windows 7 and I see that its mostly Windows 10 That are having the most problem. I also Minimized the screen under properties When you right click on game icon on your screen on in your games. I don't know if that helped or not

I had the same problem and use Windows Vista but I deleted the check mark in special effects as you suggested and that made it work now. So thanks for the tip. Hope this helps others as well.

Go to: