Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 21, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/21/2016 at 5:47:56 AM PST

Brennz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Brennz on Apr 21, 16 1:36 AM

Edited on 04/21/2016 at 6:07:57 AM PST

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Hapless on Apr 21, 16 2:01 AM

Edited on 04/21/2016 at 6:14:31 AM PST

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Apr 21, 16 2:40 AM

Edited on 04/21/2016 at 6:14:42 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 21, 16 3:53 AM
Kingdom of death, it bores me to death..
What an awful game.. Graphics were unsharp at first, took a few seconds to adjust..
But all in all, just a boring game with nothing new or interesting.. Made me fall asleep

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 21, 16 4:31 AM
I guess one person's 'awful game' is another's really enjoyable one

I'm a sucker for all things Greek anyway, so am slightly biased towards this game. The graphics weren't as sharp as they could have been but not a deal breaker for me. Playing as two characters gives the game more dimension and the male/female perspective made it more interesting. It did seem quite slow, so I turned off the special effects and that seemed to cure the slowness.

The Hos were quite varied and inter-active, with a Match-3 option if you prefer. The mini-games were in turn easy or frustrating; with more time I would have worked out a couple of them but skipped them to save time. Plenty of collectibles (if you can find them!) and a map that transports, along with some extras that weren't very enticing. I think there were about 7 chapters in the main game and of course there's a bonus chapter, so looks like a long-ish game. And no helpers or missing zipper pulls but this game is set long before they were invented, so that's a plus for me!

I will most likely buy this when there's a good sale around. I enjoyed the demo very much

No technical issues with the demo, which lasted 72 minutes for me. Ancient desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 21, 16 5:48 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 21, 16 6:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to thank players for taking the time to post their thoughts and feedback for this particular game. It is greatly appreciated and the Moderation Team will be sure to pass this along to the appropriate teams.

We do ask that players keep in mind the Forum Rules and Review Guidelines, specifically,

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If players are experiencing technical issues, we do ask that those particular posts be placed in the designated technical issues thread. I'll include a link below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

We ask users be respectful of others in the Forums and not discuss moderator actions. This helps to keep the Forums a comfortable place for everyone who would like to participate and ensures that the rules are being followed. By posting in the designated technical issues thread, this helps the Moderation Team identify trends in what players are experiencing to bring to the attention of the appropriate teams. We also ask that players do not review developers and to keep their review specific to this game. If content that is not a review is placed in this thread, it will be removed as stated in the guidelines.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgBellerophon

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 21, 16 4:09 PM
Hi all! Well, we have #4 in this series. As always, I review on the game play and not usually the story line, as others do a much better job on that than I. I beta tested this one a while back and it tested far better than the demo today. Not sure what happened, but the graphics were quite fuzzy during cut scenes and close-ups. My poor old eyes didn't much care for that at all. Colors were pretty bright and clear. For the most part, the game play was good, except for some choppy movements in the animation. As I said, the beta was much better and didn't have these problems at all. Music was soothing and quiet. There weren't a lot of sound FX, which would have helped this game a lot. Voice overs were nice, age and character appropriate, but few and far between. You can skip dialog if you read faster than they speak, but not in all scenes.

HOPs were a nice combination of interactive and standard lists and find the difference between two pictures. They were pretty clean and items were not difficult to find. I believe I only found 3 and I played it to the end of the demo. If you didn't want to play the HOP, you could play the match 3, which I didn't. You collect power ups for the match game, but since I didn't try it, I don't know what they do for you. I would imagine they help you move through the puzzle faster. Puzzles were few, but fairly simple. I had one that took me a bit of thought and time to complete. Jump map is helpful and rather than an automatic transport window, the map opens up to show you where you can go next. Areas of interest are clearly marked. You do quite a lot of back-tracking in this game, but it isn't constantly to the same location. I liked how you actually play the part of the hero and the heroine by switching characters during the game. It does tell you when to switch in custom mode.

A few collectibles. You need to find 14 ancient artifacts, which are small and hard to distinguish; 38 olive branches, which are fairly large but tucked away in a cut scene. You use the olives to buy items for the boudoir...okay not exciting. You also find the match 3 power ups that I mentioned above, which are hidden just about anywhere and easy to overlook. Same old achievements as in other games.

I found that I liked the story for some reason, but was not kicked out about the buried heads. That was creepy and unsettling to me and really wasn't necessary to the game or story. That alone makes this game not "family" friendly. The one problem I did have in the demo was that it took multiple "clicks" to take items out of the box that pops up when you finish a HOPs and earn an item. That frustrates me. When I beta tested this one, I gave it a 4.5, but I was disappointed in the final release, so that score is going to be lower. I'm sure a lot of people will love this game, but I'm just not sure about it as it is, so I will put it in my puddle for now. I will recommend this one and hope for a fix for the choppy movements and probably buy it if a really good sale comes along.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

momsford
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by momsford on Apr 27, 16 12:28 AM

Edited on 04/29/2016 at 12:07:46 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 29, 16 12:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Forum Moderation Team definitely appreciates everyone who's been taking the time to post their reviews and feedback for the game here. However, I do want to ask that we all make sure to keep the Review Guidelines in mind while posting. According to the initial post by bfgBellerophon:

Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition.

Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

We ask that players please reserve this thread for reviews of the game only. By making sure to only post reviews here, we can help to keep the thread accessible and easy to navigate for everyone who wants to use it. If anyone has a specific question about the game, please feel free to post in another thread in the forum or PM a Moderator.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on May 16, 16 9:50 PM

I was in the mood for an interesting (mythology) not too hard game that would allow for lots of interruptions and this one filled my needs.

I very much enjoyed the gameplay, story-line, graphics, background music and a 'different atmosphere' The Bonus game was good also

When I finished playing and checked to see the Developers credits I could not find them

Even though I got this one during a BOGO I would not have been disappointed if I had paid full price for it.

This beauty in my in my personal grading system is getting a & 1/2 out of a possible 5

Played on a newer desktop PC running factory installed Windows 10 with no problems !

[Post New]by bdimond on May 23, 16 8:01 PM
Unable to download game on windows 10 keep getting error ox29BoD50 @ oxffffffff
have done everything and still won't work

Go to: