Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

possible solution for windows 10 issues

[Post New]by bestmommat on Apr 21, 16 6:30 AM
a friend of mine sent me this...I haven't tried it as I'm still using xp

Hope this helps as it did for her!

The following steps have also been tested to resolve the problem:

Right-click on the game icon from the desktop ( or game icon in game file location on computer) and choose 'Properties'.

Select the 'Compatibility' tab.
Check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)'. Please also try this by choosing the 'Windows 7' option if Windows XP does not work.
Importantly, make sure you check the box "run this as an administrator"
Click 'Apply' and then OK.
Start a game. You should now be able to play this game.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:possible solution for windows 10 issues

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 21, 16 8:37 AM
Hi bestmommat,

Thank you for your willingness to help and posting steps that helped your friend on Windows 7. For clarification, players can definitely try and running the game in administrator mode as the steps suggest, but for players that are specifically on Windows 10, please refer to the following help article:

Windows 10

For players that would like more information regarding the steps providing in this thread, please refer to the following:

Run Game as Administrator

The Moderation Team has indeed passed along the issues that players are experiencing with this particular game specifically on Windows 10. We thank you for your patience. If you would like to help add information to the investigation, feel free to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always happy to further assist.

We do ask that if you are experiencing technical issues, to post in the following designated technical issues thread as this helps the Moderation Team identify trends to alert to the appropriate teams:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

bfgBellerophon

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Apr 21, 16 7:29 PM
I am running Windows 10 64 bit OS. By turning off the special effects in the settings the game stopped giving me the error code and throwing me out to desktop. I really didn't miss the special effects and really enjoyed the game. Domini has given us another great game to enjoy.

[Post New]by freddh on Apr 29, 16 12:40 PM
Am running Windows 10. Had the same error.
The link to the troubleshooting for Win 10 brought me to adjusting the DPI to 100% and the game now works fine.
Thanks for that info, going to enjoy the game now.

Go to: