Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

there is still a tourney glitch

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Apr 21, 16 5:08 PM
I played the tourney today and there is definitely still a glitch. I experienced the issue last year on the PC format and I thought they had fixed it when they brought the tourney back! I have had such rotten luck with the wheel that I have only been playing once in a while. This is the first time it has happened since then, and on my Android device this time, but it still occurs! Not all doors were open when I started playing but when finished with the 3 that were open my lowly score was added to another higher score. I have no idea why! It is definitely an issue with the program. It was my first attempt to play during this round of tourney. My score was not spectacular, but higher than it should have been..... It might keep me in the top 100....

That may explain an abundance of unusually high scores (I know there are players getting legitimately high scores too, so no need to defend yourselves). I cannot imagine I am the only player it has happened to........

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

there is still a tourney glitch

[Post New]by esheley on Apr 22, 16 5:22 AM
Diane8722 wrote:I played the tourney today and there is definitely still a glitch. I experienced the issue last year on the PC format and I thought they had fixed it when they brought the tourney back! I have had such rotten luck with the wheel that I have only been playing once in a while. This is the first time it has happened since then, and on my Android device this time, but it still occurs! Not all doors were open when I started playing but when finished with the 3 that were open my lowly score was added to another higher score. I have no idea why! It is definitely an issue with the program. It was my first attempt to play during this round of tourney. My score was not spectacular, but higher than it should have been..... It might keep me in the top 100....

That may explain an abundance of unusually high scores (I know there are players getting legitimately high scores too, so no need to defend yourselves). I cannot imagine I am the only player it has happened to........

You're not the only player this happened to.

It happened to me exactly the way you describe. I won what I felt were unearned diamonds as a result.

So I reported it to one of the mods here, noting that I had had some comparable high scores, but that this particular time it was due to a glitch. I also said that I wanted to be sure that I wasn't lumped in with anyone who might be suspected of cheating*, and that I couldn't think of how to manipulate the game.

In the response I received, I was thanked, and I was also told that the developers were able to tell the difference between a glitch and an attempt at manipulation, so I shouldn't worry about that part of it. My description of the glitch was passed along to the development team. And that was that.

The glitch has not recurred on my Android game since then. I would advise anyone who has this happen to pass the info along to a mod and include your i.d. number.

*I don't believe there's much, if any, cheating here. I think some folks are lucky, good, and able to play frequently. I attribute my wins to the fact that I work from home a lot and can play frequently, I'm fast, and I find that "practice makes perfect." Having said that, I haven't won any diamonds in well over a week due to the spins being 10% almost all the time.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

Re:there is still a tourney glitch

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 22, 16 8:34 AM
How the heck could anyone cheat?
(except perhaps for not reporting when their scores have mysteriously multiplied)

Can they see me cross my fingers or tapping the wheel?

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Apr 22, 16 9:24 AM
My glitch has definitely been fixed after reporting it a couple of times, but I suppose it's easy to fix a reported glitch after being told how it occurred and given authorised access to my game and player id number, I did try the glitch but found it impossible

I did however report to one of the mods when the tourney restarted about the 'same' person's unusually high score and was told i'd need to contact the tech team which made me think I really can't be bothered if they're not bothered, so left it at that, which spoke volumes to me

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Apr 22, 16 9:25 AM
susiewastaken wrote:How the heck could anyone cheat?
(except perhaps for not reporting when their scores have mysteriously multiplied)

Can they see me cross my fingers or tapping the wheel?

That's a good question.

I sit there and say "40, 40, 40, 40," which doesn't seem to work. Nor does "50, 50, 50, 50."

Anyway, I reported myself and therefore feel absolved.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 23, 16 2:41 PM
Hi Diane8722,

I'm sorry to hear that you saw an issue with your tournament score. The Moderation Team absolutely appreciates you taking the time to report this here, and I've gone ahead and passed this thread along so that the appropriate team is aware.

I also understand there's some question about who to contact about concerns with the tournament scoring. The Moderation Team definitely wants people to be able to enjoy the tournaments without any problems occurring, and we completely understand the frustration that this sort of thing can cause. If anyone notices any problems or glitches with the tournament scores in the future, we encourage contacting our Customer Support Team with your player ID. While we don't have the tools in the forums to investigate issues like this, our Reps can gather information on and report problems, and are always happy to help. In case it's useful, I've gone ahead and included a help article below with steps on finding that ID in the game:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Because this is sounding like a technical issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. If anyone notices any technical problems in the future, please feel free to post in one of the threads below. Posting here helps the Moderation Team to track trends, while keeping the forums tidy and organized:

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

I hope this helped. Thank you for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions about this, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: