Waiting Way Too Long To Get Cheese :( HELP Please

[Post New]by crystal_lite11 on Jan 3, 10 6:46 AM
awww this is totally ridiculous the length of time I have been waiting to get the bloody cheese surely there's a Problem having to wait this long ??? anyone help me out there please, I do have a skilled farmer don't know what else I can do other than shove some cheese through my comp screen

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Waiting Way Too Long To Get Cheese :( HELP Please

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 3, 10 9:38 AM
crystal_lite11 wrote:awww this is totally ridiculous the length of time I have been waiting to get the bloody cheese surely there's a Problem having to wait this long ??? anyone help me out there please, I do have a skilled farmer don't know what else I can do other than shove some cheese through my comp screen

I'm so sorry you've run into that--it must be very frustrating.

Let's start with the simplest things, although I'm sure you done most of these.

1. You must have a Ranch (not a farm).

2. You must have someone working at the Ranch. It's not quite clear whether you have to have a Skilled Farmer there before the cheese appears, but since any one you have working there will become a Skilled Farmer eventually, that probably doesn't matter since you've been waiting so long already. It's one of those can't hurt, might help things.

3. You must click on the pen of the Ranch (not the building) and then choose the Cow symbol. This will put cows in the pen. Make sure you've chosen Cows, not Buffalo.

4. You definitely don't need to have an upgraded (two pen) Ranch.

5. After a few minutes of having cows on the ranch, the cheese will start to appear on the ground outside the pen.

You can see a screenshot showing where the cheese appears and what it looks like in the Blog Walkthrough under the Railroad Repo Quest.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, just click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

Re:Waiting Way Too Long To Get Cheese :( HELP Please

[Post New]by crystal_lite11 on Jan 3, 10 10:11 AM
Hi Robin, No they are definitely Cows not Buffalos in the pens and there is no cheese appearing anywhere! so I guess I will just have to keep waiting, I have seen the walkthrough screen shot but no cheese in my game Thanks for reply

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 3, 10 10:59 AM
crystal_lite11 wrote:Hi Robin, No they are definitely Cows not Buffalos in the pens and there is no cheese appearing anywhere! so I guess I will just have to keep waiting, I have seen the walkthrough screen shot but no cheese in my game Thanks for reply

Ouch!

I'm so sorry you've run into this!

I hate to say it, but it may be a glitch. You can try one of two things....Make a save file first.

1. Go back to an earlier save file, pretty much anytime, and try adding cows to a ranch then and seeing if you get cheese. If you do then, but you don't where you are now, it sounds like a definite glitch.

2. Assuming you bought the game here at Big Fish Games, it may be time to contact Customer Support. They should be able to help you one way or another. Just click on the green envelope in the right column.

I'm sure it must be very frustrating!
Robin

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 3, 10 12:44 PM
In any program as complex as this, sometimes you can fix a glitch just by making it look at data again. So before implementing any of the above excellent advice, I d do one simpler thing:

I'd switch to a different animal, wait until they'd produced Food for one cycle, and then switch back to Cows. Or perhaps better yet, I'd trade kinds of animals between another Pen and my current Cow Pen.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jan 3, 10 2:02 PM
Yes to what George and Robin said (but no guaranteed fix) and I'm sure you have noticed that the buildings have specific names ? Try putting cows in the Ranch that is named Katie Younger. Might be worth a shot before replaying at an earlier save point.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 3, 10 2:46 PM
Assuming the name even comes up. I've never found any mystical correspondences between names--Pig Parlor doesn't do any better at raising hogs than Cattle Call (or whatever the exact names are).

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 3, 10 2:58 PM
The building names appear to be random, just like the characters' names. Sometimes I have a ranch called Katie Younger (my mom, who's a Western fan, says that's probably a reference to The Sons of Katie Elder western movie). Sometimes I don't. Didn't have anything to do with cheese production.

Robin

Edited on 01/03/2010 at 3:07:30 PM PST

[Post New]by crystal_lite11 on Jan 3, 10 4:06 PM
Hi and Thankyou All for your help, I switched back and forth with the animals for a while and walla I got CHEESE but I have to say it was a Nightmare trying to work out why i couldn't get any cheese, so maybe a glitch I don't know but Thankyou for your help

Go to: